PDA

View Full Version : Raising Beauty

Chris 2.1
14th April 2004, 08:12 AM
Hey guys. I found my Feebas tile, caught a male and female, and since I'm still a n00bie at RS, I wasn't able to max their beauty out. Anyway they bred and produced a male Feebas, which I'm planning to maximise its beauty and get me a Milotic.

I know blue Pokeblocks raise beauty, and that Chesto berries give you a blue Pokeblock, but there are a few questions I need to ask:

1). I've harvested pretty much every Chesto Berry and planted none back. Does that mean they won't grow back?
2) Whismur and Spinda sometimes hold Chesto Berries. If my level 40 Sableye uses thief, will it knock them out AND take the item? Or does the opponent need to stay alive for the item to be taken?

Thanks.

Brumlad02
14th April 2004, 08:41 AM
Hey guys. I found my Feebas tile, caught a male and female, and since I'm still a n00bie at RS, I wasn't able to max their beauty out. Anyway they bred and produced a male Feebas, which I'm planning to maximise its beauty and get me a Milotic.

I know blue Pokeblocks raise beauty, and that Chesto berries give you a blue Pokeblock, but there are a few questions I need to ask:

1). I've harvested pretty much every Chesto Berry and planted none back. Does that mean they won't grow back?
2.) Whismur and Spinda sometimes hold Chesto Berries. If my level 40 Sableye uses thief, will it knock them out AND take the item? Or does the opponent need to stay alive for the item to be taken?

Thanks.

1.) Plant one of your Chesto Berries in a patch of soil and grow it, they will grow back, water them a lot and be patient and a new tree will sprout and you will have more Berries. This is the only way to keep a continous cycle of Chesto Berries (or any Berries for that matter)

2.) The opponent does NOT have to stay alive for you to take a held item.

Kari and Mewtwo
14th April 2004, 08:59 AM
1.) They dont grow back unless you plant and water them, as with any other berry.

2.) Doesnt matter if its a KO or not, it'll still take the item as long as youre not holding an item yourself.

Also a note, Chesto Berries arent exactly what would maximize a Nemo.. err.. Feebas's Beauty. The best berries for maximizing Beauty are:

Pamtre Berry: Go to the Berry Master's Wife and input "CHALLENGE CONTEST". She only gives 1 and it only works once, so be sure to plant it ASAP because this is the BEST berry for maximizing Beauty.

Kelpsy Berry: The Berry Master himself might give out these berries occassionally, or you could surf north near the coast of the Rustboro entrance to Meteor Falls, go through a little maze, and find the Kelpsy Berries at the top of the map.

Hondew Berry: Berry Master gives these out as well. I forgot the exact place where you get these in Hoenn besides the Berry Master, but I know its out there.

Chris 2.1
14th April 2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys. I'll go get those berries, Kari&Mewtwo.

This is another question...

Do Gold Pokeblocks raise everything? I'm curious.

EDIT: i can't get the word CONTEST...
EDIT2: I got Hondew berry! ^^

Don't Run With Scizors
14th April 2004, 11:56 AM
Wiki Berries will do the job as well.

phaedrus
14th April 2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys. I'll go get those berries, Kari&Mewtwo.

This is another question...

Do Gold Pokeblocks raise everything? I'm curious.

EDIT: i can't get the word CONTEST...
EDIT2: I got Hondew berry! ^^

never gotten gold pokeblocks.

you have to beat the e4 to get the word contest in your vocabulary....

the hero is a dumbcrap for not knowing how to say "contest" XDXD

Poryhedron
14th April 2004, 12:17 PM
Gold Pokéblocks raise two stats, Beauty and Toughness. I don't think there is a Pokéblock that raises all five stats.
For those of you who want to experience Gold Pokéblocks for themselves (they're great! They raise Beauty far more than Indigo blocks do!) just bring a Pamtre Berry to Lilycove and try to do well enough in the Berry Blender Minigame to get a Pokéblock with a level higher than 50 (50 or under will produce an Indigo. Yes, even though they're the same four Berries.) Go to Lilycove because that's where the in-game Blender has three other people at it, so you can get it spinning the fastest.

Chris 2.1
14th April 2004, 03:19 PM
Hey Feebas evolved! she has maxed Beauty AND coolness....guess I used a lot of mixed berries. Anywho Im raising her now, she's so kool! Thanks for all the help guys,

Chris (&Milotic!)