PDA

View Full Version : VOTING for Head Banker

Yumemiru
27th January 2003, 09:41 PM
As many of you know, Moltrecuno is currently not here. Although her absence may be completely justifiable, we cannot continue to let the bank run itself. It may look as if it works well that way, but looks can be deceiving. It really doesn't. Impereon and I have discussed this, and we feel it is necessary that we elect a new Head Banker. Moltrecuno is hearby relieved of her duties (an honorary discharge...nothing sour), and voting for a new Head Banker will now begin.

The Head Banker is in charge of the bank. That's simple enough. He or she receives no benefits for this job whatsoever and is expected to do a load of work that carries great responsibility. It is the Head Bankers main duty to keep records of bank accounts and to prevent/correct errors due to intentional or unintentional mishaps in the ASB Bank.

*The nominees are:
Don't Run With Scizors
Raz
Zeratul
The Dark Master
Nala98
100FangCroconaw
Totodile43

Voting instructions:

Vote for one nominee via a PM to Impereon. Please make it clear in the title that the PM is your vote for the Head Banker. Voting ends at 11:59 pm on Sunday (02/02/03). Votes submitted after that time will not be counted in the final tally. Most of you know the drill by now.

All relative questions should be asked here.

*Charizard04621 and ASHarris have both declined their nominations.

Icy
27th January 2003, 09:57 PM
I was wondering a couple of things:

A) Can you nominate yourself?

B) If you do get nominated, would you post why you'd "be a good head banker" then? Or would we have a separate time for that?

EngiMatikul
27th January 2003, 11:33 PM
The head banker guy must go through a bunch of posts, do a heck of a lot of accounting, making sure there aren't any errors within the members' (oh, about 20 of them, doing each one individually) calculations AS WELL AS not making errors himself, and he gets nothing for this job? Well this seems like fun.

A PERFECT Job for Don't Run With Scizors!!!! :D *nominates him*

Voodoo
28th January 2003, 06:01 AM
Ummm... I voted for... Raz.

Yumemiru
28th January 2003, 06:43 AM
Voodoo, we're not voting yet. We're just doing nominations. First we nominate people, then we vote for the nominees. Would you like to nominate Raz?

Yes, you may nominate yourself if you wish... Nominees are not required to post any explanation as to why they'd be good for the job, but if you feel it would improve your chances go ahead.

And yes, the Head Banker gets nothing. All Heads of ASB get nothing for the work they do, except for the satisfaction of things going smoothly.

Voodoo
28th January 2003, 07:07 AM
*Sigh* My bad... Yeah, I'll nominate Raz.

M1ND G4ME
28th January 2003, 07:20 AM
*nominates ASHarris*

~GW7~

Knight of Time
28th January 2003, 02:14 PM
Hi!

As a true friend to her, I nominate Charizard04621 as the head banker.

I am pretty sure she would be great.

VirtualPlay
28th January 2003, 03:33 PM
In a self-giving move to possibly better the ASB, I nominate myself.

The Dark Master
28th January 2003, 04:00 PM
If you will, i'd like to nominate myself.

Matt
28th January 2003, 05:47 PM
I think ill nominate Nala98! ^^

100FangCroconaw
28th January 2003, 07:07 PM
I would like to nominate myself.

Ultimate Charizard
29th January 2003, 04:16 PM
Ok im not actually nominating anyone but id just like to say can we have at least Experienced ASB'ers nominated. I dont think id trust some newbie that just wants to be a bit more important in the forum, handling my cash.

And totodile, 4 hours isnt much. Try someone like me who has no life that spends at least 6/8 hours a day online. More if im at college.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude or anyone takes offence im just a bit tired and cranky.

Charizard04621
29th January 2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks, DarkPrince, but I'm afraid I can't accept. I decline the nomination, yet again.

Noticing a pattern, I guess, eh. Decline Head Approver, Head Referee, Head Business Approver, and now Head Banker. I won't try for Head anything just yet... Not yet.

Icy
29th January 2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate Charizard
Ok im not actually nominating anyone but id just like to say can we have at least Experienced ASB'ers nominated. I dont think id trust some newbie that just wants to be a bit more important in the forum, handling my cash.

And totodile, 4 hours isnt much. Try someone like me who has no life that spends at least 6/8 hours a day online. More if im at college.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude or anyone takes offence im just a bit tired and cranky.

There are three key words:

You (in the contraction, you have) & At Least

I'm probably on more than four hours daily, in fact, if I'm NOT on for more than four hours daily I'm probably sick. Very sick. Most people will only overlap my time by about four hours, hence the "you." Or, the "at least", meaning that I'm on for a four hour minimum, not that the head banker really needs to have no life. Considering having a life = a good thing.

And:

We should choose the best for the job, not the one that has the most experience at ASB. A newcomer may be able to run the bank more smoothly than someone that's been at ASB for a year and a half. These skills really don't overlap with the normal skills you would use in this forum.

Little_Pikachu
3rd February 2003, 06:15 PM
Votes for DRWS: 7
Votes for Anyone Else: 0

Looks like Don'tRunWithScizors is our new Bank Head. Congratulations!

Razola
3rd February 2003, 06:31 PM
Wait, I was nominated?

Alright...wasn't aware of that.

Congrats on the new job, DRWS.

Don't Run With Scizors
3rd February 2003, 06:36 PM
Well, well, well... I figured that I'd have a high chance of getting into the Head Banker position, but I never thought it'd be unanimous...

Just wondering, would the mods (or anyone else, for that matter) be interesting in starting a loan\interest system for the Bank? As complex as it sounds, it wouldn't be too difficult - just plug the numbers into Excel and let some VB code handle the adjustments.

I'd elaborate a little more on the subject, but I'm being called away at the moment.

Deck Knight
3rd February 2003, 07:15 PM
Honorable discharge my foot. Then it must be an honorable discharge to kick a paralyzed man when he's out of his wheelchair... anyway, she has been gone since her ISP went down, they ordered a part for it, but her mother has been blackmailing her not to install it(don't we just love it when we are blackmailed by parents :().

As far as discussions go, I can discuss with TMM how DRWS is qualified(I'm not going further than that, don't want to incite a flame war). Without DRWS chiming in what he thinks. However, we shall soon see just how DRWS does. Congrats on the position DRWS.

btw. I have her phone number(Teresa's) so thats how I keep in contact with her. Sorry guys, but I'm keeping it for myself. *evades beer bottles*

That was my $0.02 feel free to ignore me par usual.

Little_Pikachu
3rd February 2003, 07:30 PM
DRWS is adequately qualified. There's not too many people here who can't handle basic addition and subtraction. You can take your snide comments elsewhere.

As for the reason we removed Moltrecuno... She can't do the job when she's not on. Fair or not, we have to deal with reality here, and the reality is that she's not able to do the work at the current time. If she's mad at us for dealing with the raw deal that reality has handed her, then I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. But I suspect Moltrecuno is a whole lot more reasonable about this than you are.

The Muffin Man
4th February 2003, 04:00 PM
"We have to deal with reality here"

yes. It's so painful to a fake economy that someone not come and manage a fake bank with fake money.
:\

SmoothCriminal
4th February 2003, 06:16 PM
I vote for deck knight. ;[

Little_Pikachu
5th February 2003, 06:09 PM
This has probably been open long enough. Time to destickify, and close, too, I guess.