PDA

View Full Version : Arcanine moveset.

SilverStreak
15th April 2004, 02:20 PM
My alakazam just isnt lasting long enough to do anything a sweeper should do so i decided to get a pokemon with a better defense but a good enough sp attk so i decided to get an arcanine but i no clue what type of moveset i should give him. keep in mind i want him to be outfitted with the best sweeper moves he can get.

Brumlad02
15th April 2004, 03:14 PM
Ok heres the best moveset i can come up with. I'm not sure exactly whether his attack or special attack is greater, so i have included attacks for both.

Arcanine @ Charcoal / Chesto Berry || Flash Fire Ability
Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Extremespeed / Aerial Ace
Crunch (Bredding) / Hp Grass
Rest / Hyper Beam

Hope this helps you.

rinku
15th April 2004, 08:21 PM
Arcanine stats:

HP 90, A 110, D 80, S 95, SA 100, SD 80.

Which, with its move pool, makes it possile to be a special sweeper, physical sweeper or a combination.

Extremespeed plus some Fire move is pretty much a given. Bite or Crunch are good (the former is level-up, the latter an egg move), with Return or Double Edge probably the pick of the other physical attacks it learns (no Earthquake or Brick Break).

It can be taught Substitute by the FRLG move tutor - for such a fast pokémon with decent base HP, this would seem to be too good to pass up. I'd think about trying:

@Leftovers
Extremespeed/Return/Double Edge (with Sub you may consider Extremespeed wasted)
Heatwave/Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
Substitute
Crunch/Bite

Note that just because it HAS Substitute does not mean it has to use it. If you come out vs something it can handle, you can just smash away. On the other hand, popping up a Sub as soon as possible will block status condition moves and Leftovers will get to work restoring you asap.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2004, 11:17 PM
Well, Arcanine should definitely have a Fire type attack for STAB. Flamethrower or Fire Blast will work, depending on whether you favor power or accuracy. I also like Extremespeed. A Hidden Power, such as Grass, Water, or Ice would also work nice if you could get it with a nice base power, but if that doesn't work out, you could go with Substitute. For the last move, you could go with Crunch or Toxic. Arcanine has very nice stats, it is just a shame that it has a rather limited movepool.

Arcanine

Extremespeed
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
HP Water, Grass, or Ice/Substitute
Crunch/Toxic
@Leftovers.

Also, although I am not crazy about it, some people like to put Howl on Arcanine, and use Overheat as Arcanine's Fire move, and use a Ground/Fighting type Hidden Power, along with Extremespeed.