PDA

View Full Version : Tag battle + Spoilers.

Zak
15th April 2004, 04:31 PM
Well, I haven't seen this ep yet, but I just know a few things from it.

-The episode is pretty Advanceshippy, Rocketshippy, and involves a lot of hints and references to love, kinda like "The Heartbreak of Brock". Sorry PokeShippers! Although nothing exciting happens, so don't worry. The love is more focused on the characters of the day, Oscar and Andrea.

-Ash and May lose to Oscar and Andrea, with their Nidoking and queen's powerful Submission, and a heart shaped Hyper beam (yeah, deja vu Vine Whip).

-As some of you may know, later on Ash and James team up in a tag match against May and Jessie. I'm not sure who wins.

-Contrary to the rumors for this episode based on the intro, niether Torchic nor Taillow evolve YET in this one.

~~~

Now some preview Spoilers from Palette:

Next week May definately gets a Bulbasaur. It has to do with her being kidnapped by a Skarmory and seperated from the group, landing in Venusaur's forest. The Bulbasaur she gets, like a Spinda some of you may remember, has a heart shaped speckle on it. Ash retrieves his from Oak the week after that one to have a battle with May's Bulbasaur... not sure if he keeps it. But given that hers has a heart, I'm guessing he does since the writers would be after a trait to tell them apart. Anyway, this should be interesting.

Guide soon.
Discuss.

~Zak

have a stammer
15th April 2004, 04:50 PM
Not more shipping! But besides that the episode looks good of course the highlight (for me) will be May and Jessie battling James and Ash.

Interesting while some believed Ash would retrieve his Bulbasaur for himself others thought Ash would give his Bulbasaur to May, But I don't believe anyone thought that they both would get one. Even though the title clearly states 2 Bulbasaur's. However I think Ash does not keep his Bulbasaur for very long because it was not in the new opening. I believe I heard he would only have Bulbasaur temporally.

Chris 2.1
15th April 2004, 05:03 PM
I reckon Ash comes over all Nostalgic after seeing May's and decides to see his again ^^.

Also, it's weird how Hajime was given Bulbasaur, Ash has one, MAY has one.......I'd guess May's evolved to Ivysaur, Hajime's to Venusaur and Ash's stays the same, so we get all three forms ^^ neato burito!

Umm but yea, this eppi sounds....nice *cough*. The Nido's haven't been seen for a while....

Hikaru
16th April 2004, 10:48 AM
Just wondering why SPP listed the female's name as Oscar. Is she a he, or is the name really Asuka, instead.

Kojiro
16th April 2004, 10:50 AM
Edit: Damn it, this is the stupidest thing I've ever done. I edited Kojiro's original post by accident, instead of replying to the topic. Damn it! Kojiro, I tried to find your original message, but I can't. :S

~ Animelee, who promises never to browse the forum without his glasses on. :cry:

Nameless
17th April 2004, 02:13 PM
It was pure chaos. It wasn't even a double battle, Jessie released two pokemon, making it three on two and then eventually it turned into a battle royal FFA and then meowth takes the time to steal pikachu and then May and Ash team up to stop them and then they start being more friendly to each other. Previously Ash and May got into a fight because May took too much time worrying about her looks and Ash wanted to get going so yeah.

No one won. It was just some crazy-butt episode.

Though pokeshippers would be happy to use this episode as evidence for May and Ash.

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th April 2004, 07:47 PM
No one won. It was just some crazy-butt episode.

Though pokeshippers would be happy to use this episode as evidence for May and Ash.
Why would pokeshippers be happy? Pokeshippers are for Misty and Ash last I heard.

If you were looking for a serious battle full of complex strategy like earlier double battles and the gym match we just had then yeah, you'd be disappointed. If you accepted this episode was for comedy then you might see it as one of the best yet. :lol:

This episode has to be one of the wackiest yet, right up there with the Moltres James and Shuckle and "Wayward Wobbuffet" episodes. Just looking at the screenshots was hilarious. We see again that May is much more feminine than Misty usually is and more so than Ash is used to. There was stuff there for those who believe in a Ash/May love thing, but I found it not presented at all like the Ash/Misty hints usally are, in that as far as I can tell from the guide and screenshots neither May or Ash got really upset when the couple suggested they were in love, and there was no blushing. The opposite usally happened between Ash and Misty.

As for the final battle between the James?Ash and Jessie/May teams, it has to be one of the most confusing and random battles ever. The scene with all the pokemon firing attacks in random directions is just hilarious! It really shows that trainers fight with one mind with their Pokemon, so if their trainers are confused and uncoordianted the Pokemon will usually be as well.

But the best have to be the Tag Battle Couple, decked out in their royal gowns, battling with royal Pokemon who use heart-shaped Hyper Beams and "Rollouts (or Submission perhaps) of love," and declare their love for each other upon victory! ^_^ But what sort of name is "Andrew" for a woman? Somehow I suspect something was lost in the translation... no offense to the writer of course. *bows in respect*

Nameless
18th April 2004, 02:54 PM
Why would pokeshippers be happy? Pokeshippers are for Misty and Ash last I heard.

I thought there were some shippers for May and Ash.

AKA Pokemon Fan
18th April 2004, 09:46 PM
I thought there were some shippers for May and Ash.
There are but they aren't called "Pokeshippers" as far as I know. I forget the term they use though. :sweat4:

Animelee
18th April 2004, 10:20 PM
Some of my friends call it "SatoRuka", and some of my friends call it "Advanced Shipping".

Pewter City Geodude
20th April 2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah AdvanceShipping is the generally accepted term. And I like this episode, I agree with AKA in that it was really wacky. I bet it's gonna be hilarious in the dub when I can actually understand it. :P

Zak: About the attack the Nidos used...it looked to me to be a Submission (so I initially agreed with you), but GoldenNoctowl's guide on SPP called it a Rollout. I guess he was mistaken, since the Nidos can't learn it. :P