PDA

View Full Version : The Rumors Are True! The Oldies Are Back!

Bullethead
2nd December 2002, 01:51 PM
I've scoured a lot of Pokemon boards, and apparently...

there IS a new land! I've read several accounts of people catching Charmanders and other old pokemon in the wild.

REJOICE!

Cferra
2nd December 2002, 01:53 PM
How do we get to this land though? Fix the boat? Travel on the boat at night or a diff time of day? How do we get to this land? More information would be great.

L_X

Edit: And is this indeed true? We kind of need more proof than just a single statement. An url, description and pictures would be good.

Bullethead
2nd December 2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Ledian_X
How do we get to this land though? Fix the boat? Travel on the boat at night or a diff time of day? How do we get to this land? More information would be great.

L_X

Edit: And is this indeed true? We kind of need more proof than just a single statement. An url, description and pictures would be good.

I'm getting a lot of info from:

http://www.geocities.com/yugiohfanguild

He's pretty reliable with screenshots and all. He's posted a lot of info on some game forums. Something after the Elite 5 allows you to get to a new land. You may have to complete the pokedex, it seems. It's all largely speculation, keep in mind, but he's claimed that he's seen a few Japanese boards that say there's a new land.

Jamesology101
2nd December 2002, 02:06 PM
We've been hearing rumours for weeks! Anybody can speculate. Where's the proof?!

What part of that site are we supposed to look at?

Bullethead
2nd December 2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ChicRocketJames
We've been hearing rumours for weeks! Anybody can speculate. Where's the proof?!

What part of that site are we supposed to look at?

He's adding info when he has concrete proof. Right now, he has strong speculation from Japanese boards.

XF Legendz
2nd December 2002, 02:11 PM
Yeesh, that rumor was on gamefaqs for days. Some guy named "Moofus" claimed to have reached a new land where he caught charmanders and other oddities. Sadly, he didn't do much to prove anything. No one who searched for his "continent" found it. There is still specualtion that it may have something to do with the element of time in the game, but people aren't really sure. People have claimed to uncover the coding for items from G/S such as upgrade, and the name Kasumi. O_o

Bullethead
2nd December 2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by XF Legendz
Yeesh, that rumor was on gamefaqs for days. Some guy named "Moofus" claimed to have reached a new land where he caught charmanders and other oddities. Sadly, he didn't do much to prove anything. No one who searched for his "continent" found it. There is still specualtion that it may have something to do with the element of time in the game, but people aren't really sure. People have claimed to uncover the coding for items from G/S such as upgrade, and the name Kasumi. O_o

No, I'm looking at other forums. Gamefaqs is way out there. Gameshark's forums aren't too bad.

XF Legendz
2nd December 2002, 04:53 PM
Gamesharks eh? I agree about gamefaqs; it's juist a big rom trading/rumor mill over there these days.

Bullethead
2nd December 2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by XF Legendz
Gamesharks eh? I agree about gamefaqs; it's juist a big rom trading/rumor mill over there these days.

Well... we're not much better.

I blame myself, mostly.

Lord Zero
2nd December 2002, 11:09 PM
First off, I can't see anything out of normal in the site.

Second, many of the Charmander and other pokémon caught were done when a guy sharked the game with some" walk thru walls"code and was able to go somewhere in the far south east part of the map, I think. I think that's what you meant because the Charmander was caguth there.

Bullethead
2nd December 2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Lord Zero
First off, I can't see anything out of normal in the site.

Second, many of the Charmander and other pokémon caught were done when a guy sharked the game with some" walk thru walls"code and was able to go somewhere in the far south east part of the map, I think. I think that's what you meant because the Charmander was caguth there.

Well, the fact you can get somewhere and catch them should be proof enough they can be caught somehow in the game.

Lord Zero
2nd December 2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Bullethead
Well, the fact you can get somewhere and catch them should be proof enough they can be caught somehow in the game.

No reallt, Don't you remember MissingNo Shore?

Bullethead
3rd December 2002, 12:06 AM
No reallt, Don't you remember MissingNo Shore?

Missingno wasn't a real pokemon. Charmander is.

Lord Zero
3rd December 2002, 12:45 AM
No, dude, the MissingNo shore. You could catch certain pokémon there due to being a glitch.

Bullethead
3rd December 2002, 01:00 AM
No, dude, the MissingNo shore. You could catch certain pokémon there due to being a glitch.

Oh, well, that was cool. I can live with it.

ace
3rd December 2002, 01:21 PM
Where is the Missingno shore?(sorry to bug,but I still play Crystal and haven't found it yet...)

celebi2k
3rd December 2002, 01:33 PM
Missingno is in r/b it's not in g/s/c

Anyway i knew about moofus in the gamefaqs board but sadly he didn't do alot to confirmed it. There must be something in this game to many evidence and people saying that have something. So i believe that there is something extra in this game but the question is what?

Almond
3rd December 2002, 02:20 PM
No, dude, the MissingNo shore. You could catch certain pokemon there due to being a glitch.

Actually, there's no way that this could be the same kind of glitch. I'm not sure on all the technical aspects of the Missingno. thing, but try and bear with me here.

When you talk to the old man in Viridian City in R/B, and he shows you how to catch a Pokemon, the game temporarily substitutes the name "Old Man" for your name while he catches it. So where is the data for your name stored? In the shore off Cinnabar Island, where there are no Pokemon programmed.

Each symbol in your name represents a Pokemon or trainer, depending on which slot it is in (first letter, second letter, so forth). So if you go right to that shore and surf up and down, without getting in any other battles on the way, you'll encounter Pokemon or trainers based upon what your name is. Missingno. arises when you have a letter in a spot that does not yield a Pokemon or trainer, to prevent the game from screwing up.

However, in R/S, you cannot do this. Why? Well, when you get to Touka City, and that guy (can't remember his name...) catches the Zigzagma, it only happens ONCE. You can't go back and have his name replace yours again, and so there's no way the trick would work.

Thusly, if this person has really seen wild Charmanders, they cannot be from a Missingno.-type glitch.

Bullethead
3rd December 2002, 06:21 PM
Hmm.... that sounds pretty interesting.

I avoided the missingno shore in R/B to avoid glitches I heard about. If this new place in R/S isn't a glitch, maybe it's a secret area you can access somehow to catch those old pokes!

Almond
3rd December 2002, 07:18 PM
Well, it could be a glitch... just not a Missingno.-type glitch.

::crosses fingers and prays for it not to be a glitch::

Lord Zero
3rd December 2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Almond
Actually, there's no way that this could be the same kind of glitch. I'm not sure on all the technical aspects of the Missingno. thing, but try and bear with me here.

When you talk to the old man in Viridian City in R/B, and he shows you how to catch a Pokemon, the game temporarily substitutes the name "Old Man" for your name while he catches it. So where is the data for your name stored? In the shore off Cinnabar Island, where there are no Pokemon programmed.

Each symbol in your name represents a Pokemon or trainer, depending on which slot it is in (first letter, second letter, so forth). So if you go right to that shore and surf up and down, without getting in any other battles on the way, you'll encounter Pokemon or trainers based upon what your name is. Missingno. arises when you have a letter in a spot that does not yield a Pokemon or trainer, to prevent the game from screwing up.

However, in R/S, you cannot do this. Why? Well, when you get to Touka City, and that guy (can't remember his name...) catches the Zigzagma, it only happens ONCE. You can't go back and have his name replace yours again, and so there's no way the trick would work.

Thusly, if this person has really seen wild Charmanders, they cannot be from a Missingno.-type glitch.

Errrr... first off, thanks for clearing this out for me: I never understood how the hell did the game caused this error.

Second, I'm sure is not the kind of glitch that MissingNo Shore was, I was just pointing as an example. This could very well be a glitch somehow, somewhere. Now, then again, I'm not saying it's a complete lie, it's just that I think it might be.

I would be happy to find some more land to explore, even when I still find new stuff everyday. (Damn I got sad when I found that there was nothing left for me to do in my gold version :(

Topaz Pochena
3rd December 2002, 07:48 PM
By YOUR information I just thought of what MIGHT be a glitch, Almond. You said they had to store your player's name on the side of Cinnabar Island, right? Well, if thats true then they must store the info for all the unavailable pokemon SOMEWHERE. So the creators probaly created a little island surounded by some kind of physical boundary so no one could acess it. But a hacker cheated and some how luckily got there, where he found all the stored pokemon and thus encountered them in the wild. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. But that just came to my mind hearing that.

Yu-Gi-Oh
3rd December 2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Topaz Pochena
By YOUR information I just thought of what MIGHT be a glitch, Almond. You said they had to store your player's name on the side of Cinnabar Island, right? Well, if thats true then they must store the info for all the unavailable pokemon SOMEWHERE. So the creators probaly created a little island surounded by some kind of physical boundary so no one could acess it. But a hacker cheated and some how luckily got there, where he found all the stored pokemon and thus encountered them in the wild. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. But that just came to my mind hearing that.
Good point, but there are endless possiblities to where they could be located. And if so, what about all the OTHER pokemon in R/B/Y and G/S/C that couldn't be caught in other games? Now that I have the idea forming in my head, this means that someone could catch all the pokemon with out actually using a gameshark unless they need a 'Walk through Walls'.