PDA

View Full Version : POLL: *chops off nose* It's beautiful! :)

Angel Blossom
16th April 2004, 02:22 PM
I've been watching TV shows like the Extreme Makeover Show, I Want a Famous Face, & The Swan lately, which all have to do with getting plastic surgery & such. They're okay to watch, but it's a little nasty when they go under the knife. I, personally, wouldn't go through all of that to look nice, but there are a lot of people who would. That's what my Poll's about today, since I figured there may be some people who plan on getting surgery in the future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

» Have you watched any of the reality TV shows like Extreme Makeover, The Swan, &/or I Want A Famous Face?

» If you have - do you like the show(s)? Do you think it's worth going through surgery to have better looks?

» Would you ever consider having plastic surgery? Why or why not?

» Would you ever consider having Laser Eye Surgery or any other kinds of surgery?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1) Like I mentioned above, I have watched all three of those shows. Sometimes I watch them whenever I'm bored because they can be quite interesting. It's heartbreaking to see some people on the Extreme Makeover show because they say they can't walk on the streets or they have a very low self confidence because of their looks. Makes me consider myself lucky not to have those problems. Yes, I CAN walk on the street without being mocked. XD

2) Those shows are alright. They beat the dating reality shows, IMO, even though that's not hard to do. XP I think it's cool to see them change so much. They seem a lot happier after the whole process too, so that's cool. Like I also said before, I don't think it's worth it to go through the surgery unless if you're THAT bad like the contestants on the Extreme Makeover Show, or if you've gone through some damage & you really need the surgery. If you're just getting plastic surgery to look gorgeous when you don't look that bad, it's a little selfish, but I think they can do whatever they want. ^^;;

3) I wouldn't consider having plastic surgery. I'm not that bad looking & looks aren't important in the long run. When you're young, a lot of people care about looks only. When you're older & people become more mature, physical attraction doesn't count too much. ;P I'm fine with the way I look. If I want to try to look better, I'll just find some cosmetics or whatever, lol.

4) Actually, I would like to have laser eye surgery. I have to wear contact lenses & it's not fun to have them sometimes. Laser eye surgery would improve my vision & things would be a lot easier for me. ^_^ I don't know about any other kinds of surgeries for me. I don't suffer from acne or skin irritation so I wouldn't need that, & my teeth are straight & nice. I have all of my teeth, too, so I wouldn't need any new teeth, etc. XP

Zak
16th April 2004, 02:43 PM
Hi Kris :wave:

1. Nah, not really, but I've seen a few parts briefly.

2. N/A, and no, unless you're REALLY desperate. It just involves taking care of your skin, using acne cream, and taking lots of showers. However, if I had a lot of wrinkles and looked really deformed and hideous and had no hope the other way, I'd probably go for it.

3. See 2.

4. A while ago in 4th grade when I had horrible eyesight and had to wear strong glasses, that was hell and I would have probably considered it. Now my eyesight has greatly improved and I don't need it anymore... but it's kinda hard to think, since back then I didn't know it even existed.

~Zak

Number1ChanseyFan
16th April 2004, 02:57 PM
[SIZE=1]» Have you watched any of the reality TV shows like Extreme Makeover, The Swan, &/or I Want A Famous Face?

» If you have - do you like the show(s)? Do you think it's worth going through surgery to have better looks?

» Would you ever consider having Laser Eye Surgery or any other kinds of surgery?

1. I don't usually watch them, but this week in my English Composition class, we have been watching "The Swan" during class.

2. They are ok, but I am not all that crazy about reality shows. I don't think that the plastic surgery is worth it, those people look so miserable after the surgery, and it just doesn't seem worth it. I suppose plastic surgery is only worth going through in extreme situations, such as if somebody has deformities that can be fixed, and they want them fixed, or people that have been burnt badly, and stuff like that.

3. No, I wouldn't. I mean, I am not all that ugly, I am far from beautiful, and I am definitely not perfect, but I still wouldn't put myself though that.

4. No, I wouldn't want anybody messing with my eyes. I am very sensitive about my eyes for some reason, and I wouldn't want anybody messing around with them. I would just wear glasses. I am pretty lucky though, I have excellent eyesight, 20/15, which is better than "perfect."

To be perfectly honest, I would never have any surgeries performed on me, unless it was absolutely necessary.

kainashi
16th April 2004, 03:00 PM
1. i've seen parts of them.

2. no, i think they're/it's completely and utterly stupid.

3. no. *points to 2*

4. laser eye surgery, yes. i would like to see how the people who got it now do in a few years though.

Green_Pikachu
16th April 2004, 04:14 PM
» Have you watched any of the reality TV shows like Extreme Makeover, The Swan, &/or I Want A Famous Face?

of those 3? hell no. they are crap.

no, its not worth it.

no, because i just wouldn't ever want to, unless i was in some terrible accident. then i probably would have to.

only if i had to

Indecent Exposure
16th April 2004, 06:12 PM

Never even heard of those.

As I say, never heard of any of them, but I have a feeling they'd be terrible. It's not worth going through surgery in most cases, unless you actually have some sort of problem.

No, I'd prefer to spend my money on something worthwhile.

I'd consider laser eye surgery, don't know if I'd get it done however. Although i could probably do with glasses, I only really need them occasionally, so I doubt I'd bother with surgery.

Silver Ledian
16th April 2004, 06:21 PM
I don't watch any of those kinds of shows. They make me queazy to be honest. Sometimes I find it hard watching ordinary hospital programmes also.

Well, I haven't and even if I did, I don't think I'd like the shows. I'm not sure whether it's worth it and I don't think people should be ashamed of their own natural looks because a person shouldn't be judged by that - unless they're in a beauty contest or something :sweat: I guess it depends on the circumstances.

No, I'm happy with the way I look and don't think I'd feel right if I had extensions or ajustments to my body just for the sake of looking better.

I think that's different, as it's more clinical/medical than....beautical? XD! Still, I think I'd opt for wearing glasses. Medical surgery I probably would have, like if I needed an operation to help my body regain it's efficiency at functioning etc. :)

Charizard04621
16th April 2004, 06:29 PM
Have you watched any of the reality TV shows like Extreme Makeover, The Swan, &/or I Want A Famous Face?

Pointless. Completely pointless. You get to see a bunch of ugly people (or people who think they're ugly) get their faces cut up and mutilated to change themselves into something else they want to be, not what they are.

If you have - do you like the show(s)? Do you think it's worth going through surgery to have better looks?

I dislike knives with a passion. That is an understatement.

Would you ever consider having plastic surgery? Why or why not?

Trying to cut up tomatoes or fruits with a fruit knife is horrifying enough for me. I don't want sharp objects coming within one foot of my face.

Would you ever consider having Laser Eye Surgery or any other kinds of surgery?

*shudder* Only if I absolutely have to... Life or death, sight or sightless situation. Just for kicks? Um, no. Just no. Like I've said before, I don't... like... things that cut.

Syberia
16th April 2004, 08:08 PM
1) Nope, haven't watched any of them. I'm not a big fan of reality shows anyways.

2) I don't watch the shows, so I don't have an answer to the first one. I personally don't think it's worth it to have surgery to make yourself look better (from what I hear, the recovery process is really not worth it). However, if someone really wants it, there's no reason why they shouldn't have it.

3) No, unless I got horribly disfigured/mutilated somehow. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though.

4) Absolutely I'd have it. Both my parents have had it, and it's completely painless from what they say. I wouldn't really want to have glasses, and contacts would be plain annoying in my opinion, so if I had vision trouble, it's the option I'd choose.

RedStarWarrior
16th April 2004, 09:06 PM
I tend to avoid watching all reality shows.

N/A

Maybe, for no particular reason.

I don't know.

Crystal Mew
16th April 2004, 09:38 PM
How ironic, on the radio is christina aguliera's song 'you are beautiful' or whatever its called, lolol

1. Yeah, I watched like the first episode of the Swan, and its an ok show =o
I think I have also watched extreme makeover....they are all kinda interesting.

2. They are ok, and some of those people in the swan are kinda ugly =x so I guess if you really wanted to look pretty, having surgery is the only way :/ its all about how you feel about yourself.

3. No, Its not worth it imo, plus, I'm not that horrid looking, although I don't like some parts of my body, its not worth the pain, or money to have them "fixed"

4. Yeah, actually I would. But I dunno..down the road all the people might go suddenly blind after having the surgery o_0; so I'm waiting awile to see...and if its good, chances are I probably will have it, because wearing glasses and contacts is a pain in the butt

Tainted
18th April 2004, 08:07 AM
I've seen the first two, haven't heard of the third.

*shrug* For the uglies on 'The Swan' I guess so, considering looks mean a lot in today's society, with getting jobs, keeping jobs, getting married to someone you want and such.

No, because I don't give a **** what people think about how I look or whatever, so I don't really see a point to it. I'm not particularily ugly anyway, as the ladies still flock.

Don't need it, perfect vision. I would look into it if I had horrible vision, maybe, but otherwise it'd be pointless. Liposuction, all of that crap, I would also have no need for as I'm not overweight. I don't understand people that get liposuction, sure, now you've got a non-fat stomach, but your face is still fat, your arms and legs are still fat... like... it's pointless, now you just look like a blobby that can fit into a size four-- that is if you can get it over your fat head...

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Katie
18th April 2004, 04:58 PM
1. a little bit of extreme makeover

2. no, it was just something to do while my computer was sick :< reality tv sucks. if I was as ugly as a couple people on the show, I probably would consider it ;x maybe not go all the way, but just fix it to the point of 'normal' and not 'beautiful'

no, unless I suddenly go all mutant ugly or something.

yeah, but only when I'm older. I'm sure blindness is a risk, I'd like to know the odds of that and stuff before I ever decide. also waiting will give time for them to figure out any crazy side effects that might happen down the road in some of their earlier customers. I would LOVE to be able to wake up and not have to put them durn contacts in though 8)

~Katie

phaedrus
18th April 2004, 06:20 PM
1.no, reality tv is crap.
2.nope.
3.not really. i think i look decent enough that i don't have to wear a blanket on my head XD
4.nevar. my eyes are so sensitive they begin to water when the climate changes. not only that my eyes are so sensitive i can't see my sisters put in/take out contacts or they'll water, and i can't get my eye pressure done because they'll water up before, and my eyes will slam shut and nevar open until i've hightailed it out of the office =D. that and my eyes sometimes spontaneously lose vision and i have to wait for a minute for my eyes to readjust to light. and they water sometimes for no reason at all.

whew such a long explanation +D XD

abunaidesu
18th April 2004, 06:57 PM
1 - Nope, but I've heard of them.
2 - Depends how much you want it.
3 - No because I like the way I look now, and no one ever tells me I'm "weird" looking or anything. I think the only reason some people would go thru surgery is because a lot of people tell them that they're ugly or so, and they want to be beautiful looking.
4 - No and I'll stick to glasses. (damn family genes).

Dark-San
18th April 2004, 07:33 PM

1) I've watch Exterme Makeover before.

2) Hmm kind of disgust me on how ppl would do these things to their face. They only show that they have low self esteem. And their face are not even scarred.

3) No. I am born with this face so I will jolly well stick to this face till the day I die. Besides plastic surgery sometimes do hav its side effects. So its always better not to try them!

4) Laser Eyes surgery I had considered but never plastic surgery on the face.

mr_pikachu
9th May 2004, 08:42 AM

Nope. Have you watched Nip & Tuck? No? Neither have I.

I don't think it's worth it, unless you're truly disfigured.

Well, I don't plan on getting disfigured any time in the near future, so no.

Only if I needed it. And I mean medically, not the "Oh, I NEED this to look nice!" neediness.