PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who needs to clean out their PM boxes? Ahem, Gabi...

Charizard04621
17th April 2004, 01:51 PM
Okay, so this is supposed to get Gabi's attention. ^_^;; But anyway, it raises another issue. There have been several people I've tried to PM in the past, and their boxes were always full! I personally like keeping my boxes clean, so I tend to delete all of my PMs and stuff. Some people (my Dad, for instance; you should see his e-mail account) like to keep messages, though. I don't like it when I send a PM to a full box, but that's just me.

Do you clean out your PM boxes often?
If you don't delete your messages, why do you keep them?
Do you keep only specific messages that you deem important, messages from particular people, or most of your messages in general?
Do you get annoyed if other people's PM boxes are full?

RedStarWarrior
17th April 2004, 02:06 PM
Yes, "Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 0."

N/A

Do you keep only specific messages that you deem important, messages from particular people, or most of your messages in general?
N/A

Yes, it pisses me off to no end.

Aipom Of Doom
17th April 2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, whenever I look at it and see what PM's I have that I don't need.

I keep ones that are still important, and three really old ones (a GT rules PM from December 2002, some badly-written letter asking about R/S that I still don't understand why I got, since I don't have R/S, and a GT rules letter from January 2002).

Err... besides the three really old ones I mentioned, I only keep messages for as long as the content is pertinent.

Err I haven't PMed anyone with a full PM box, but it would be annoying ;o.

Indecent Exposure
17th April 2004, 02:17 PM
Not really. In fact, not very often at all. I clean it out every time I'm expecting a flurry of PM's... in other words, I don't :)

Lazyness. Deleting them would take effort, as does reading them.

Welcome, Indecent Exposure.
You last visited: Today at 05:47 PM
Private Messages: 3 Unread, Total 24.

See? I know what's in those PM's, and I know they're not important anymore. The unopened ones have been there for a good 6-7 weeks.

I wouldn't say I keep them at all really. I just don't get rid of them, there's a difference.

I've only once come across the problem, since I very rarely PM people. And it was only annoying because they're complaining that I wasn't replying to their PM's. Idiot... but I still love 'em... although I can't remember who it was...

Lady Vulpix
17th April 2004, 02:45 PM
OK, YOU GOT MY ATTENTION. HAPPY NOW?

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Now...
1. I don't clean it completely, but I delete about 3 or 4 PMs each time I check it. The thing is, I get a lot of PMs. Today I read 3 PMs from Amy, 1 from Kris and 2 from Kiyone.
2. I keep the ones that will be useful later until they're no longer useful (like moves for battles I'm reffing or scenarios/stories for the Battle Range that haven't been posted yet) and also PMs I like to get back to once in a while, either because they mark important events, have interesting information or were particularly nice. And sometimes I may forget to delete some too. Also, I hardly ever keep sent messages, but almost always track them.
3. Answered in 2.
4. Only if the message I'm trying to send is urgent and I have no other way to contact that person.

Little_Pikachu
17th April 2004, 02:50 PM
No, I hadn't cleaned it out in ages until we updated and then I was forced to clean it out since I no longer had unlimited space. I had to run nearly 400 PM's down to less than 70 ~_~

Mainly because I'm lazy, but it's also nice to look back on them from time to time.

Most of them in general, but when I cleaned it out I kept all the important ones regarding recent board issues that I might need to do something about in the near future, and my collection of Bjarni PM's.

Not really, if they miss out on an important PM from me, that's their loss.

Chris
17th April 2004, 03:02 PM
Welcome, Chris.
You last visited: Today at 07:08 PM
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 1.

8)

n/a, i guess.

i keep nothing. i can remember most things. 8)

hell yes. it pisses me off so much that it's no longer funny.

Katie
18th April 2004, 04:37 PM
yep
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 1.
the one that I don't delete is the forwardeded bjarni hammer one from lp. otherwise the only other one I've kept for a while was the one sent to me telling me who my secret santa person thing was for fanart. I delete all conversation ones right after reading them :)
important/funny
never happened to me I don't think, if I want to contact of of my friends that's what aim's for XP

~Katie

Crystal Mew
18th April 2004, 06:23 PM
1. I only clean it out if there is alot of PM's or if its full..which has only happened once. When we upgraded to this new versian, I had like 40 PMs and the limit was 20...so yeah, I deleted like most of them.

Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 14. :wave:

2. Yeah..I kept some of my PM's from Zak..and Mike...and I kept the 4 recent ones I got...its a shame no one hardly PM's me though, lol

3. Yes (ZAK!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: ) I always tried to PM certain people, and its like 'LOL their inbox is full because they are more popular than you' made me cry, ;_; lol...but then I see them on aim and tell them they need to clean out their pm box

phaedrus
18th April 2004, 06:25 PM
yes, i clean it out.

um....if they refer to teams in r/s, i keep em, until i get extremely bored and nobody replies to my RMTs. ='(

it extremely annoys me if people don't clean out boxes. roar~

kainashi
18th April 2004, 06:29 PM
1. no, since i don't get any PMs.

2. i don't keep them.

3. nope. "Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 0." *points to #1*

4. no, since i don't pm anyone.

EVme15
18th April 2004, 07:21 PM
Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 60.
No.
Because I haven't gotten around to it, I liked that person, I want to keep that PM, it was about something important, or I just never bothered. Oh, great, now you made me want to go and clean it >:O
#3. I delete a few of them occasionally, but I still have (what I think was) the first PM ever sent to me.
Generally, no. What really annoys me is when people are like 'help me with this what should I do blah blah' and when I send a reply their box is full. That's only happened once, though. I wonder if the person I'm reffering to knows I'm reffering to them ;)

Dark-San
18th April 2004, 07:40 PM

1) Hmm yes. Actually I didn't recieved that much pm yet. Currently the pm readings are 0 Unread, Total 5.

2) Important pirvate msgs I guessed. Besides I dun really hav any msgs now, so I thinks theres not a need to clear them off I guessed.

3) If given a choice, I would only keep msgs from certain ppl.

4) YES. It damn annoys me much. I mean even if your pm are really full, delete them pls. I don't wanna go to AIM and personally interuppt them for some unimportant matters. That is real embrassing!

Fett One
18th April 2004, 08:16 PM
Yes

N/A

Depending on what the message is I will keep it until I'm postive I won't need it anymore, otherwise I delete them first chance I get.

Only if I'm trying to send an important PM.

shazza
19th April 2004, 03:54 AM
-No, I had 30 until two days ago.
-Laziness.
-No.
-I never need to PM anyone.

Jay
19th April 2004, 04:09 AM
I used to get around 10 PMs a day when I was moderating but now I'm lucky to get one a month. I currently only have 5 PMs in my inbox -- sent and received in total.

I clean it out when I need to, which isn't often anymore.

I get quite annoyed with people I can't PM due to their inbox being full of PMs. It's happened a few times.

Drago
19th April 2004, 05:34 AM
Mwahahaaa!! AHAHAHAAAAA!!! I took this topic as inspiration to do something, so I just deleted all my messages. It's what I do when I'm bored. I delete things. ...My journal is in a tattered state.

No, but I just did for the first time. Every single message since April 2001, gone I tells you! All 60 of 'em.
To make myself feel popular. People are talking... to ME!! Oh, and for memory's sake.
I kept every single one. ...Until now. ^^;
Yeah, though isn't it supposed to send an e-mail to them stating that their PM box is full? I don't usually send too many PMs though, which eliminates much chance of catching someone with a full inbox.

Ninetales3001
19th April 2004, 06:14 AM
Do you clean out your PM boxes often? - Nope. I just did now though. 75 messages, 20 allowed, wtf is up with that? XD
If you don't delete your messages, why do you keep them? - Like Shazza, laziness. XD
Do you keep only specific messages that you deem important, messages from particular people, or most of your messages in general? - Not here, but elsewhere I do.
Do you get annoyed if other people's PM boxes are full? - If I have to contact someone, and have no other way to, then yes it's really annoying. Stupid PM limits. ;_;

Number1ChanseyFan
19th April 2004, 08:20 AM
1. Do you clean out your PM boxes often?

2. If you don't delete your messages, why do you keep them?

3. Do you keep only specific messages that you deem important, messages from particular people, or most of your messages in general?

4. Do you get annoyed if other people's PM boxes are full?

1. Yes, I always make sure to keep my boxes under the limit so nobody gets an error message when they send me a PM!!

2. I delete them, but I also copy some of them and e-mail them to my e-mail address. I do this for important PMs and PMs that are from my friends.

3. On the old vB, I used to delete messages when my boxes had about 50-60 messages total, since the limit was 70 PMs. Now, I start deleting PMs when I have about 15 in my box, since the limit is now 20. However, I have 3 PMs in my inbox from May-June 2001. I don't know how they are still there, they just popped up in my inbox when TPM went from the ezboard to the vB back in September 2002, and I have just kept them, since they are so old.

4. Yes I do!! However, since the upgrade, there is a little graph on everybody's PM boxes that shows how close they are to their limit, so hopefully, people will realize when they are at their limit now, since it is more obvious.

Kris
19th April 2004, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah I knew there was somehting I was meant to do......

I just clean forget to do anyhting about them, thats me!

Wolfsong
22nd April 2004, 10:35 PM

Yeah. Usually when i realize i dont' need a message any more. ^^;

The ones i don't delete are the ones that could come in handy later

I don't delete opponents moves unless i've already reffed that round for bt battles, info for stories if i'm workign with a couple people on one, or ones that might be of some use later.

If its important or somethign i need to talk to someone about then yes, btu most of the time it doesn't bother me.

mr_pikachu
9th May 2004, 07:55 AM

Only when I need to. If I have less than 10 messages, I figure I'm fine.

I keep some because I may need them if there's some discussion I'm involved in, or if I might need them for verification, etc.

Pretty much the important ones.

No, I simply post with a polite message with the intent of RIPPING THEIR LUNGS OUT!!! :mad2: ...ahem. Excuse me. ^^;;