PDA

View Full Version : Rate: Double or Nothin'

Rabid_Cow
17th April 2004, 07:10 PM
This is my 2v2 team I made on Colloseum w/my Ruby's help! Rate the combos and the pokes both please!

Slaking @Silk Scarf
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast

and

Banette @Focus Band
-Skill Swap
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Skill Swap the Traunt from Slaking, and pull it back. When it hits the field I give Traunt to an opponent. Works like a charm. Focus Band cause it's helped me many times.

Pikachu @Light Ball
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave
-HP (Ice)
-Rain Dance

and

Ludicolo @Shell Bell (swim swift)
-Surf
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Same Pikachu from The Fun Team, and the Ludicolo's a brother to my other one. I was looking for the right ability for each team, and just happened to get one of each. Rain Dance, then pound away.

Blaziken @Salac Berry
-Overheat
-Earthquake
-Reversal
-Endure

and

Metagross @Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Psychic
-Agility

Blaziken usually Endures, Metagross uses E-Quake and other pokes hammer Blaziken. Salac kicks in, Reversals. Meta sweeps the rest of em. These 2 go last cause they usually not needed to be a team, just for coming in and sweepin'.

I might replace my Metagross, but I really like these guys and their combos together. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance to those that rate!

phaedrus
18th April 2004, 12:11 AM
well, nice combos.

i'm not exactly getting your explanation of the slaking+banette combo, but it's trUant, not trAunt.

pika+ludy-looking fine, just you don't need rain dance on both unless you're a little more than paranoid. but, it works.

blaz+meta-yep. i see your plan. make sure they don't ko meta or else you're left with a 1 hp blaziken and two opponents left, unless you downed one first, but still you'd be at a pretty big disadvantage if their remaining pokémon is an electrode or whatever that is faster than blaziken.

muy solido. =D pardon my spanglish.

Rabid_Cow
18th April 2004, 09:17 AM
Sorry bout the TrUant thing, I've done that so many times. :lol:

DaBlackBandit
18th April 2004, 06:17 PM
Slaking, why not Brick Break for other normals and dark types.
Banette, this set works best for me

Skill Swap
Toxic/WoW
Rest
Shadow Ball/Shadow Punch
@Chesto Berry

Skill Swap to Slaking. WoW, your opponent or Slaking, incase he uses EQ and kills your Banette. Since WoW, reduces your attack in half. Youc an rest since Insomnia ia gone. and Shadow Ball for a STAB. Maybe Shadow Punch, since it doesn't miss. (it's like Swift for ghosts)

Pikachu, Why not Encore so you can attack and they will Switch, and then you can use Rain Dance and attack. Maybe Toxic too. inplace of Thunder Wave, since it will stay with them. and Encore and Toxic, work wonders with him, I think.

Ludicolo, how about the standard, and it will last longer, if your Pikachu dies.
Rain Dance
Dive
Leech Seed
Toxic

Blaziken, and Metagross are fine.

drizzt
19th April 2004, 03:43 PM
There is only one thing i have a trouble with and that is with Banette and Slaking. If slaking uses e-quake Banette isn't going to last very long. I'm not sure but i don't think Banette has the Levitate ability cause the elite four's didn't and thats the only one i battled :sweat4: Other than that perfect.

Poryhedron
19th April 2004, 04:46 PM
Are you sure? Dusclops doesn't have Levitate, but I think Banette always does...

Poryhedron
19th April 2004, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I just looked it up. All Banette have Insomnia. This is why DaBlackBandit suggested having Banette use Will-O-Wisp to burn Slaking, so that Slaking's Earthquake doesn't KO Banette. If you do this it might be wise to give Slaking Facade as well, since that move's base power gets a boost when its user has a status condition.

Rabid_Cow
20th April 2004, 08:16 PM
I have considered this delima many a time.

I rarely use Earthquake when using my Slaking the first turn. (the one he loses truant) I then switch out my Banette cause he's gonna be loafin round that turn. I have considered givin him Brick Break there instead so that he can take care of rock/steel the same way, but Earthquake + Blaziken's combo has worked a couple of times together very nicely.

I have also considered doing this:

Ursaring @Choice Band (GUTS)
-Facade
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

and switch Banette's set for this:

Banette @Focus Band
-Skill Swap
-Toxic
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

I have considered this for a couple of reasons. Ursaring has HUGE attack and the Facade + GUTS + Choice Band + STAB combo is nice here. Banette Toxics him, and he makes many OHKO's for me. Skill Swap stays here cause it's proven itself invaluable against Flygons and Weezings (levitate) and many Swift Swimmers. Tell me what you think, and which one I should go with. I really like my Slaking + losing truant combo, but this is a REALLY good one here too.

Thanks again for the help so far, and thanks for any help from here on out!

rinku
21st April 2004, 01:37 AM
If you want someone immune to EQ who can use Skill Swap, Xatu springs to mind. His immunity isn't based on Levitiate, so he won't lose it through Skill Swapping. His Early Bird ability looks good on a Resting Slaking, too...

How about:

Slaking
Return
EQ
Rest
Shadow Ball

Xatu (Early Bird)
Skill Swap
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Haze

rinku
21st April 2004, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I just looked it up. All Banette have Insomnia. This is why DaBlackBandit suggested having Banette use Will-O-Wisp to burn Slaking, so that Slaking's Earthquake doesn't KO Banette. If you do this it might be wise to give Slaking Facade as well, since that move's base power gets a boost when its user has a status condition.

He'll need it with his attack halved due to the Burn. Far better to give Banette Protect for those turns Slaking plans to use EQ.