PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pokemon Theme!

Lord Phillock
28th January 2003, 05:53 AM
What's your favorite Pokemon Theme?

Mine always was the Pokemon Johto Movie Version!

Osiris
28th January 2003, 07:47 AM
I Like The Master Quest Theme , The English and The Spanish Version!

Hanada Tattsu
28th January 2003, 08:44 AM
For the dub, my favorite theme is the Second Movie Opening, because it has an islandy (is that even a word, LOL) twist to it, and the music is also pretty good.

For the original, I like the second Johto League opening, that is kind of a remix of the "Mezaze Pokemon Master" first opening. That's a really good song, and with White Berry (a band) singing it, It's even better.

God of Fire
28th January 2003, 11:54 AM
For the dub I'd have to say the intro to the Indigo League series would have to be the best.

For the original I like the intro music to the Raikou special is the best (what's it called again?)

faizah_kibibi
28th January 2003, 12:34 PM
For the dub:
I really love the johto journeys theme. The original one from the show that is, I like the movie version as well but less then the original one.
I also love the original orange islands theme btw.

As for the Japanese themes:

OK!, the first johto theme, and mesaze pokémon master 2001, either sung by white berry (show opening) or Matsumoto Rika (4th movie opening). Both awesome songs.
If pikachu short openings also count its gonna be Kakurenbo (4t pikachu short opening). Its such a great song and'the lyrics are really cute.

Overall, I like the Japanese songs better then the dub ones. They have more meaning and the songs are more original.

God of Fire: the Raikou special song is called Aratanaru Chikai. Its a great song too! :)

Light_Togetic
28th January 2003, 01:17 PM
For the dub: Orange Islands Theme! When I first heard this song, I absolutely loved it! I was sooo happy when they came out with the CD! (Too bad it only had Pokemon World and Pikachu's Winter Vacation on it...) I kinda like Master Quest's too.

For the Japanese version: Ready Go! The first time I listened to it, I didn't like it, but around the fourth time, I really got hooked on it! It sounds cool. I haven't heard the Raikou Special's song... hmm... come to think of it, I haven't even seen the Raikou Special yet!:(

I think I like both the Japanese and English songs equally. Except for the Johto League Champions intro (dubbed). I just couldn't get into that one...

T M Pikachu
28th January 2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah the Raikou Special opening was good even though I didn't really get what they were saying. What are the lyics to that song anyways? I likes Ready Go! Anyone know the lyics to the Houen opening?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th January 2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by T M Pikachu
Yeah the Raikou Special opening was good even though I didn't really get what they were saying. What are the lyics to that song anyways? I likes Ready Go! Anyone know the lyics to the Houen opening?

First Aratanaru Chikai, the Raikoo Special theme. Here is a translation I made to my friend's Finnish page. :D (http://personal.inet.fi/hima/hemmo/sekalaista/aranataru.htm) I have not even done the English version, so that is why you cannot find this song from my own page. But I guess now it is time to try to do it:

Aratanaru Chikai = A New Oath

Aah! A new wind is blowing
But my dream will not change
So! Pokemon Master!

Still, still, the world is wide
The horizon is teaching me
Still, still the destination is far away
I understand that and it burns!

In that blazing morning sun
Which is burning big, I swear alone
"I am sure I will not lose!"

Aah! I stand on a new ground
But my way will not change
I sing with the wind

Aah! A new rival appears
But my curiosity will not change
So! Let's go for the battle!

La la la...

Someone else might do a better translation...

As for the new opening, this topic has it. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6237)

And by the way, my own favourites are:

English: 1st theme

Japanese: OK! (3th theme)

Finnish: Tunnenkin jo kasvavan (the opening of the first movie)

Swedish: Pokémon JOHTO (the only Swedish Pokémon song I have heard :D)