PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Gee, what a great birthday...

Charizard04621
17th April 2004, 09:20 PM
Usually my birthdays have been okay, but I remember several times when I got kind of disappointed. There was one time a few years ago where I didn't get the present I really wanted, and I got flowers instead. I was like, meh... Oh well... The worst was my Freshman year in high school, though. I had to dissect dead earthworms in Biology for my birthday. Their bodies were rubbery and like wouldn't be cut open by the knives. The stench of formaldehyde oozed into my brain and stuck there the whole day... Imagine trying to eat right after that. Yeah, Biology was the period before lunch for me. >_< Anyway, to the poll.

Do you usually enjoy your birthdays?
Have you had any birthdays that you didn't like? If so, why?

Little_Pikachu
17th April 2004, 09:29 PM
Usually I enjoy my birthdays, because everyone is extra nice to me. I think it was my 20th, my brother broke his arm and couldn't take the car to work so I took it to college and on the break we went to the pub and everyone kept buying me drinks even though they knew I was driving ^_^'

I can't remember having a really bad birthday, on my 22nd a couple of months ago the first thing I did when I got up was fall down the stairs and seriously damage my toe which just finally fully healed a couple weeks ago.

abunaidesu
17th April 2004, 09:30 PM
1 - Yes, because my parents take time off to be with me. They use to throw parties for my birthday every year in Elementary school, but in Middle School we had to stop because of financial problems.
2 - Last year all I got was a scented candle. It was pretty cool though, I still have it.

Wolfsong
17th April 2004, 09:35 PM

When i was little i used to. Then fromt he time i was 21-22 not really. I think i'm starting to enjoy them now again.

Lets see. First of my my grandad died of cancer in Jan of 01. Therefor when my 21st birthday rolled around it was the first birthday without him being there. Also on my 21st bday, my grandmother, (mom's mom) picked a fight with my mom in front of me. For my 22, i was kicked out of a program i was in for no apparent reason 2 weeks short of graduation though the people my dad had look into it found out they had too many people to allow to graduate. Shrrugs. They gave me some lame excuse (which i won't repeat). I try not to think abotu it too much. If i let it upset me they win. The fact that i'm like 2 semesters at least from graduating now proves that much.

Green_Pikachu
17th April 2004, 10:20 PM
well, i DID post a happy birthday topic for u in misc. :)

anyway, birthdays when you get older aren't as exciting. except for 21. that's probably the best birthday ever, aside from like 5-12. 5-10 you're still young enough to get great presents, but old enough to have recollections of them. anything younger you don't really remember, and anything older, the awesomeness of a birthday just begins to wear down.

RedStarWarrior
17th April 2004, 11:58 PM
Yes.

Not yet.

Metallix
18th April 2004, 02:38 AM

Yeah, on my 18th last year my family held a huge surprise party for me, all my friends and relatives that I hadn't seen for YEARS were there. XD It was all great fun.

Hmmmmm, not that I can recall, but on my birthday in just over 2 weeks time, I have to direct a 5-minute drama. So instead of being out celebrating like I should be, I'll be stuck in a hot, sweaty TV studio ordering people about. XD

Dark-San
18th April 2004, 06:56 AM

1) Normal. I havn't celebrated my birthdays for years ;P No birthday parties, No presents. Actually the last present that I've gotta on my birthday was when I was 12 years old. Its just a red packet with 12 dollars in it. Well I'm 19 now. So thats how long I've havn't gotta a birthday present.

2) Birthdays that I don't like. Well there was a time when I was chased ard the whole school by a cluster of classmates who wans to bash me up. Yupz its a ritual ard here to get bash on your birthday. And of course I'm not so stupid, I hav to hide from them the whole day!

Indecent Exposure
18th April 2004, 08:03 AM
Well my birthday is in August, which means that it has always been during the summer holidays, so I'm usually enjoying the time off school anyway :) And of course that means we're quite often away somewhere for my birthday. So yes, I usually enjoy my birthday.

I've never not enjoyed it at all, but a couple of years ago I found out that I got the results for my GCSE's (at that point, the biggest exams I'd had), on my birthday, which was damn annoying. However I' passed 'em all better than expected, so it was ok, and they all lived happily ever after :)

Katie
18th April 2004, 05:12 PM
sort of. it's usually just another lazy day of christmas break + a present or two and a nice dinner.
yeah, on my 15th one my stepmom was threatening to leave my dad alllllll day. actually that wouldn't be so bad but it would mean I'd never see my step brother anymore, and I love him to death :(

~Katie