PDA

View Full Version : You can kick me, punch me, throw bombs at me...

Crystalmaster Mike
28th January 2003, 06:54 AM
... but before you do, could you explain to me what is meant when talking about Pokémon Hoso?

Serebii of SPP
28th January 2003, 07:32 AM
Pokémon Hoso is a show that airs on Tuesdays in Japan. It is usually a Variety Show showing clips from previous episodes but recently it has been airing some specials

Hanada Tattsu
28th January 2003, 08:50 AM
Yeah, like Serebii said, these specials usually look back on previous characters who have left the show. It's like episodes based on them.

One of the speicals was about *SPOILER ALERT* Brock returning home after he leaves Ash, (soon to return) and we finally get to see that his mom is still alive.

Two other Hoso specials are about Misty and what she does to keep track of the gym back at Cerulean.

There's another one on Team Rocket (even though they don't leave) and another one on the Pichu brothers from the third movie short.

Then there's one about Pallet Town, and it features Ash's mom Delia, Prof. Oak, Tracey, Gary (maybe) and also all of Ash's Pokemon there (which is everyone except Pikachu).

Hope I helped.

Mew2Too
28th January 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Two other Hoso specials are about Misty and what she does to keep track of the gym back at Cerulean.

Darn, so you knew about the second one already? Well, I still get to go rub that in all the faces of peeps who say, "Misty is gone from Pokemon right now!"

Anyway, the second special is called, "Getting the Badge of Kasumi." It will air on February 25 over in Japan. Just so you guys'd know.

Murgatroyd
28th January 2003, 01:14 PM
I've said it on BMGf and I'll say it here. In this case, your computer's translation was more accurate than your own. That kanji refers to making, not getting.

Mew2Too
28th January 2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Murgatroyd
I've said it on BMGf and I'll say it here. In this case, your computer's translation was more accurate than your own. That kanji refers to making, not getting.

Peeps are already posting replied to my BMGf post? O_O Cool!

So, Misty is going to make a badge? Is it just me, or does anyone else feel she's gonna get out the Barney Bag, make badges out of maccaroni and popsicle sticks, and demand audience participation?

Light_Togetic
28th January 2003, 01:46 PM
Those would be some tiny maccaroni! Or a very large badge!:D At least Misty now has not one, but two specials now!

I'm glad someone asked about Pokemon Hoso, because I myself didn't really know exactly what it was. All I knew was that it was a show that hosted the specials at a different time than the actual Pokemon show. Isn't it hosted by Misty and Brock or something?

Mew2Too
28th January 2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
I'm glad someone asked about Pokemon Hoso, because I myself didn't really know exactly what it was. All I knew was that it was a show that hosted the specials at a different time than the actual Pokemon show. Isn't it hosted by Misty and Brock or something?

Yeah. It's like DBZ movies. It has no bearing on the show's continuity. (Well, except for the specials, of course.) So, it is hosted by Brock and Misty, and sometimes Team Rocket. Basically, all they do is show highlight clips from past episodes. They are themed clips, like "Best Gym Battle Moments," and the like.

T M Pikachu
28th January 2003, 05:55 PM
Wow that seems pretty interesting. Yeah I've been wondering what Pokemon Hoso was too. Wouldn't it be cool if it was shown to the rest of the world on TV and maybe not by DVD/VHS?