PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] PokeRus help!

phantomness
18th April 2004, 06:13 PM
How does PokeRus work? I know it doubles EXP or something and lasts for there days. I just found a Spearow with PokeRus in Silver and immediately put it into an empty box. Does the virus stay like in RuSa as long as you get the pokemon back in the box before a day is over? You can transmit it to other pokemon via batttle, but... does it stay?

This is important since i'm going on vacation and will not be bringing my GB...

Green_Pikachu
18th April 2004, 06:33 PM
if you put it in the box, then you will have it forever. infect as many of your pokemon as you can, but as long as you got that one pokemon in the box, you'll have it forever.

i think that's how it works. :/

SupremeChampion
18th April 2004, 06:57 PM
well, the virus will live on forever as long as you have it in your box. the virus will spread to other pokés in the box, so that is like the easiest way to spread it. consider yourself lucky young sir... that virus is quite rare.

~The Italian Stallion

Number1ChanseyFan
18th April 2004, 10:22 PM
Like everybody else said, put the PokéRus infected Pokémon in a box with other Pokémon, so that you can spread it to your other Pokémon. If a Pokémon is outside of a box, then it will only be able to spread the virus for a couple of days, and then it will gain an "immunity" to the virus. After a Pokémon becomes immune to the PokéRus, a small black dot will show up on it's status screen, and it will never get the PokéRus again, and also, it can't spread it to other Pokémon anymore. However, even after a Pokémon becomes "immune" to the PokéRus, it will still experience the benefits of the PokéRus forever, even though it can't spread it anymore. Also, just in case you didn't know, the PokéRus doubles the amount of stat experience that a Pokémon gets, it does not affect the regular experience points that your Pokémon get for winning a battle. Basically, stat experience is calculated "inside" the game, you never really know how much stat experience your Pokémon has, although you will be able to figure out when your Pokémon has gotten it's maximum amount of stat experience. Whenever your Pokémon wins a battle, it will get stat experience for each of it's stats, HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Every Pokémon can get a maximum of 65,535 (I am pretty sure that this is the number, but I may be wrong, but it is close enough) for each stat. The amount of stat experience that is gained after a battle is equal to the base stats of the Pokémon that was defeated. For example, an Onix's base stats are:

HP: 35
Attack: 45
Defense: 160
Speed: 70
Special Attack: 30
Special Defense: 45

Because a Pokémon's base stats never change, even through leveling up, it does not matter if you defeat a Level 10 Onix or a Level 40 Onix, you will still get the same amount of stat experience. (Evolution will change a Pokémon's base stats. All Onix will always have the same base stats, no matter what their level, but a Steelix would have different base stats than Onix.) When your Pokémon gets it's maximum amount of stat experience, then it will reach it's personal max stats. A Pokémon's personal max stats are different than the max stats for it's species...

Every Pokémon has a set of DVs. (Deter Values) DVs can never be changed, unless you use a Gameshark, and they are automatically set when you catch a Pokémon. DVs decide what a Pokémon's "personal max stats" are. For example, Butterfree has a maximum Defense stat of 198. However, one Butterfree's Defense stat may go no higher then 178, while another's may be 190, and another's could be 184. If a Butterfree's Defense stat is 198, then it is said to have maximum Defense DVs. Anyways, DVs are used to decide a lot of different things, such as a Pokémon's personal max stats, a Pokémon's Hidden Power type and base power, and whether or not a Pokémon is shiny. DVs can be anywhere from 0-15, and each stat has it's own DV, except for Special Attack and Special Defense, they are combined into one DV. A DV of 15 means that the Pokémon will be able to reach it's species maximum for that stat, so a Butterfree with a Defense DV of 15 can have a Defense stat of 198, which is the maximum for it's species. If a Pokémon has a DV of 0 for a stat, then it's personal maximum for that stat will be 30 points lower then the maximum for it's species. For example, a Butterfree with a Defense DV of 0 will have a maximum of 168 for it's Defense stat. If a DV is lower then 15, then you subtract 2 points from the maximum stat for a Level 100 Pokémon for each 1 point that the DV is off from 15.

Here is a little chart to explain this better. The number on the left is the DV, and the number on the right is how much the Pokémon will be off of the max stat for it's species.

DV (# below max stat)

15 (0)
14 (2)
13 (4)
12 (6)
11 (8)
10 (10)
9 (12)
8 (14)
7 (16)
6 (18)
5 (20)
4 (22)
3 (24)
2 (26)
1 (28)
0 (30)

A Pokémon's DVs are completely random, except for it's DV for Hit Points. (HP) A Pokémon's HP DV is decided by the DVs for it's other stats.

If the attack DV is an odd number, add 8. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the defense DV is an odd number, add 4. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the speed DV is an odd number, add 2. If it is an even number, add 0.

If the special DV is an odd number, add 1. If it is an even number, add 0.

NOTE: Special Attack and Special Defense is combined into the same DV.

Well, I don't know if this is more info than you wanted!! I hope some of this is useful to you though. ^_^

phantomness
18th April 2004, 10:51 PM
What I meant is that if I box all my infected pokemon each day, will they keep the pokerus? Thanks for all your help!

Also, does it automatically infect the other pokes in the box or do you have to do the battle-phase infection like in Ruby/Sapphire?

Green_Pikachu
19th April 2004, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it will just infect other pokemon in your box right away.

and yes, you have it forever now, as long as you keep one pokemon that has it in your box at all times, I believe.

phantomness
19th April 2004, 06:02 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I've had pokemon in a box for about 2 days now, and the only ones infected are the ones I actually brought with me when battling with said infected pokemon.

Green_Pikachu
19th April 2004, 06:17 PM
well, i've actually never gotten it, so I just go by what people who claim they have it did.

Spinarak-Man
19th April 2004, 08:00 PM
I've only gotten it in Ruby myself... but I've gotten on two separate saves.

In my experience there, when in the box the Pokerus does not spread but remains on the infected pokemon and does not age. Only when I brought it out and left the infected pokemon in my team for two days since it was infected (this is real life time.. I may not even play during this period) it will then go away and the pokemon will be immune.

phantomness
19th April 2004, 11:40 PM
Thanks, just wanted to make sure. *bows*