PDA

View Full Version : Team: Well, yo' mama so fa...

SWAMPERT1
18th April 2004, 11:41 PM
Hello. Here is my future FR team. Its ingame but outgame ON THEY OCCASION as in maybe 4-5 times a year. The rules of this team is that i am only going to use the avaiable TM's and move tutor moves available WITHOUT TRADING. this means my Snorlax and Charizard cant both have E-Quake. The only pokemon i'll breed is a scizor for Silver Wind because that attack is killer. So here it is. Also I like my teams to be big and strong attackers. Not a lil Umbreon that uses Confuse Ray, Toxic, Attract etc. Also note that i want THESE 6 POKEMON! NO DIFFRENT FROM THESE ONES! Thanks in advance ~ Swampert1

Charizard@ Charcoal
~Flamethrower
~Rockslide
~Fly
~Blast Burn
Snorlax@ Leftovers
~Body Slam
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Earthquake

Gyarados@ Mystic Water
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Body Slam
~Hyper Beam

Tyranitar@ Quick Claw
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Hyper Beam
~Thunder Bolt

Dragonite@ Dragonclaw
~Dragon Claw
~Ice Beam
~Hyper Beam
~Wing Attack

Scizor@ Silver Powder
~Aerial Ace
~Metal Claw
~Silver Wind
~Swords Dance
PS i also posted this in OPG but i wanted more than one group to rate.

SWAMPERT1
31st May 2004, 11:01 PM
anyone. please I need help. :rolleyes2

drizzt
4th June 2004, 08:01 AM
Charizard: I dont no much about him so i'll leave it alone.

Snorlax: I'd recommend breeding curse on him but if u wont then that set is fine.

Gyarados: Go with the standard

Gyrados
-Dragon Dance
-HP Flying
-E-quake
-Taunt

Tyranitar: id breed Dragon dance on himbut if u wont replce Hyper beam with Crunch and Fire Blast over thunder bolt.

Dragonite: This is fine except replace Hyper beam. it isnt worth the turn skip

Scizor: HP ground is an option but that might take awhile to get so its up to u.

Hope i helped

DaBlackBandit
4th June 2004, 01:37 PM
Make Scizor your starter

Swords Dance
Agility/Protect
Baton Pass
Silver Wind

Baton Pass too one of your Dragon Pokemon.

Charizard@Lum Berry
Ability:
Nature:
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace/Brick Break

you don't need 2 of the same type attack. Drop Fly and one of the Fire Moves. Dragon Dance increase attack. Fire does then same damage, that Flying moves do, if not use a Ground move for steels. Brick Break can work too.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Nature: ---
Body Slam/Return
Shadow Ball
Sleep Talk/Curse
Rest

Shadow Ball can work for Ghosts

Gyarados@Lum Berry/Scope Lens
Dragon Dance
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Hydro Pump

Special Sweeper. Dragon Dance for Speed.

Tyranitar@Scope Lens/Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
Nature: Not sure
Dragon Dance
earthquake
Rock Slide/Ancient Power
Taunt/aerial ace

It learns Earthquake naturally. Taunt is for Hazers, Aerial Ace is for Grass types.

Dragonite@Leftovers
ABILITY: Inner Focus
Nature:
Dragon Dance
Wing Attack/Surf or Fire Blast
Double-Edge/Ice Beam
Brick Break/Thunderbolt

Like Gyarados, either a Physical Sweeper or a Special Sweeper.

Rudoku
4th June 2004, 03:44 PM
Gyarados@Lum Berry/Scope Lens
Dragon Dance
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Hydro Pump

Special Sweeper. Dragon Dance for Speed.

Gyarado's max Special Attack at level 100: 219(250 with a beneficial Nature). Special sweeper indeed...

Ultimate Pikachu
4th June 2004, 09:41 PM
Your team is horribly unbalanced, you will be torn apart by a balanced team. You need to change.

Charizard
@Peyata/Salac Berry (braking trade rule is only way to go)
Timid
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
HP Grass/Electric
filler

or

Charizard
@Leichi/Salac Berry
Jolly
Swords Dance/Belly Drum
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide/HP Rock/Earthquake
Overheat

Snorlax
@Leichi Berry/Lum Berry
Adamant
Curse
Return
Shadow Ball
Brick Break/Earthquake

Gyarados
@Lum Berry/Leichi/Salac Berry
Jolly
Dragon Dance
HP Flying
Earthquake
Taunt

Gyarados's Special Attack is HORRIBLE! Never put a Special Attack on it. Don't listen to Rudoku, 250 Max Special Attack at level 100 is suckage! Physical Attacks work much better with over 300 max Attack.

Tyranitar
@Leichi Berry/Lum Berry
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide/HP Rock
Taunt

Dragonite
@Peyata Berry/Salac Berry
Timid
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Agility

or

Dragonite
@Leichi Berry/Salac Berry/Lum Berry
Jolly
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

I know nothing about Scizor. Remember, Gyarados's Special Attack sucks!

phaedrus
6th June 2004, 10:26 AM
Your team is horribly unbalanced, you will be torn apart by a balanced team. You need to change.

quite harsh.

Don't listen to Rudoku, 250 Max Special Attack at level 100 is suckage!

ever heard of sarcasm?

Charizard@ Charcoal
~Flamethrower
~Rockslide
~Fly
~Blast Burn

sunnyday>fly, fireblast>flamethrower, earthquake>blastburn. charcoal blows, @salac/leichi.

Snorlax@ Leftovers
~Body Slam
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Earthquake

shadowball>earthquake, curse>sleeptalk is advisable, @chesto if you use curse, unless you can curse up mighty fast.

Gyarados@ Mystic Water
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Body Slam
~Hyper Beam

whoa wtf? dragondance>surf, hp~flying>icebeam, taunt>bodyslam, earthquake>hyperbeam. put leftovers

Tyranitar@ Quick Claw
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Hyper Beam
~Thunder Bolt

dragondance>hyperbeam, and if you want fireblast>thunderbolt. @leftovers

Dragonite@ Dragonclaw
~Dragon Claw
~Ice Beam
~Hyper Beam
~Wing Attack

drop draggy for umbreon@leftovers-pursuit-toxic-rest-charm or a ludicolo@leftovers-toxic-leechseed-subsitute-surf

Scizor@ Silver Powder
~Aerial Ace
~Metal Claw
~Silver Wind
~Swords Dance

batonpass>metalclaw, agility>aerialace.

Rabid_Cow
6th June 2004, 02:59 PM
drop draggy for umbreon@leftovers-pursuit-toxic-rest-charm

Guess you didn't read the fact that he won't drop any pokes, and he even made an example of Umbreon being the type of poke he doesn't want on this team...

Ultimate Pikachu
6th June 2004, 06:06 PM
Guess you didn't read the fact that he won't drop any pokes, and he even made an example of Umbreon being the type of poke he doesn't want on this team...

But he does need it. Ignorance is horrible.

Rabid_Cow
6th June 2004, 07:18 PM
But he does need it. Ignorance is horrible.
Well, that depends. If this is for net battling then a pokemon of that sort is necessary. But if this is for link battling with his friends, a team like this could quite possibly own. I have a friend that uses all taunting pokemon just to screw over my pokes that like to stall. This kind of team would own in that situation!

Iveechan
9th June 2004, 01:08 AM
Even if he does need it... maybe he doesn't even like Umbreon and prefers to use pokes he likes.

Music Dragon
9th June 2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I would prefer Pokemon and moves that I like and not moves that I need. That makes me kinda lousy at battling, but who cares...

Ultimate Pikachu
9th June 2004, 11:38 AM
The point of battling is not moves that you like, but you can as long as your team turns out decent. There's no point in raising Pokémon with crappy movesets and nature, even worse, a whole team. It's a complete waste of time and won't get you anywhere. I train my Pokémon with decent movesets and nature. I don't go and give anything Iron Tail or some other worthless move. I hate seeing unbalanced teams with crappy moves. Unless it has a theme. If you want to use an unbalanced team that sucks in battle give it a theme.

Poryhedron
9th June 2004, 11:45 AM
You're half right.
You're right in competitive battles. But this isn't a competitive team. This is an ingame team, with very rare forays into link battles (which can't properly be called competitive outside of a tournament structure because neither player is necessarily tournament-level.) Ingame, you can do nearly any stupid thing and get away with it, because you have things like Badges boosting your stats slightly and the ability to use items midbattle and the opportunity to level your team far past the levels of the opponent. In an ingame team, pretty much nothing you said applies. People are free to explore their preferences, no matter how weak it makes them, bnecause a poorly built team at level 100 can still kick the Elite Four all across Hoenn.

Ultimate Pikachu
10th June 2004, 11:36 PM
I don't know why someone would post a team that will be ingame. I'm just giving advice that would help them on a competitive level.

SWAMPERT1
10th June 2004, 11:56 PM
But he does need it.
Now tell me why do I NEED Umbreon. I have used it before and hated it. Also not that in my first post I said i didnt want to use it.

The point of battling is not moves that you like, but you can as long as your team turns out decent.
So what you are saying is that the only good Kyogre is a calminding Kyogre or its crap. Also the sentece dosn't make sence.

Ignorance is horrible
I think everyone will agree with me when I say this. You have lots of it my friend.

As for everyone else, thank you.

Ultimate Pikachu
11th June 2004, 08:56 PM
Now tell me why do I NEED Umbreon. I have used it before and hated it. Also not that in my first post I said i didnt want to use it.

So what you are saying is that the only good Kyogre is a calminding Kyogre or its crap. Also the sentece dosn't make sence.

I think everyone will agree with me when I say this. You have lots of it my friend.

As for everyone else, thank you.

You'd need something like Umbreon if you go competitive. Also, I wasn't the first to suggest Umbreon, which adds to you ignorance.

No, there is more than one good moveset for each Pokémon, but there are some movesets that are just horrible, like a Gyarados with a special attack. A Kyogre doesn't need Calm Mind but it helps. Thats not a good example anyways.

No, I don't. I don't see why you want someone to know about your ingame team. Why do you only breed for moves? I breed all of my Pokémon I will use. You can EV train them and breed until you get a good nature. You can also get a good Hidden Power if you breed enough. Did you read my first post? Doesn't seem like it.