PDA

View Full Version : Colloseum Lev 50 Cups

Dark_Alakazam
19th April 2004, 11:36 AM
Ok, I'm training my lev 50 team and I wanted some input. Here are the pokes I have so far:

Alakazam
------------
Psychic
FirePunch
Recover
Reflect

Kingdra
-----------
Surf
Ice Beam
Twister (not permanent since ice beam works better, need help deciding)
Smokescreen (maybe)

Groudon
-----------
Earthquake
Solarbeam
Fire Blast (want flamethrower instead, better accuracy)
Slash (can't quite think of anything)

Raichu
------------
Attract (raichu is female)
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Return

I might also add tyranitar and houndoom.....but they would have to be above lev 50. I'm not sure if colloseum allows this.
For the double-battle 50 leagues I was going to also use a Hairyama (spelling??) with Helping Hand and Fake out.

What are your thoughts?

Don't Run With Scizors
19th April 2004, 11:58 AM
Go with an all-out offensive. Get some Pokémon with fairly high speed and very high attack stats, max out their main attack stat and Speed EVs, and try to give them as much type diversity as you can with high power moves. Believe me, if you try to fight your way through 100 Mt. Battle battles (I know you said Colosseum, but the concept's still the same) using paralysis, accuracy downs, and Attract, you are going to get bored REALLY quickly.

For your team, I suggest:

- Alakazam gets Psychic and all the elemental punches.

- Kingdra's okay, but I went with Sharpedo because it also gets Crunch with STAB on it. Kingdra's only got STAB on Surf and Dragonbreath's power is mediocre at best, even with STAB.

- Groudon will get you through it easily, but keep in mind that you'll get fewer Pokécoupons for using legendaries.

- Raichu doesn't have much elemental capability... I went with Gardevoir because it has higher SA, gets STAB on Psychic, and still gets a fairly powerful T-bolt.

- As for Tyranitar; no, you can't use it. But you can raise a Houndour up to L49 when it will learn Crunch, and then evolve it.

Dark_Alakazam
19th April 2004, 12:35 PM
I already beat the 100 mt batlle thing and got a Ho-oh ;) Using my team from colloseum. I'm just looking for a good team for lev50 cups.

Is it true you get less for legendaries? Didn't know that..maybe I'll rethink him.
As for all out offensive, well...I do eventually want to keep thse pokemon and get them to lev 100. I already own a sharpedo at lev 87 unfortunately.... :(

Gardevoir? Maybe, I never actually tried to train one of those and I'll give it some thought. It can learn thunderbolt? Thats a big plus because I've always wanted an alakazam with those big SA blows :)

As for the houndour to lev 49, can't. My houndoom is male from colloseum. :oh: So I guess I need a diff pokemon.

Are you sure lev 50-55 aren't allowed? It does say something about the sum of pokemon in the default rules, but they won't tell me the 50 league rules! Why? Does anyone own the manual that can elaborate?? I don't know the complete rules.....

Number1ChanseyFan
19th April 2004, 12:47 PM
I already beat the 100 mt batlle thing and got a Ho-oh ;) Using my team from colloseum. I'm just looking for a good team for lev50 cups.

Is it true you get less for legendaries? Didn't know that..maybe I'll rethink him.
As for all out offensive, well...I do eventually want to keep thse pokemon and get them to lev 100. I already own a sharpedo at lev 87 unfortunately.... :(

Gardevoir? Maybe, I never actually tried to train one of those and I'll give it some thought. It can learn thunderbolt? Thats a big plus because I've always wanted an alakazam with those big SA blows :)

As for the houndour to lev 49, can't. My houndoom is male from colloseum. :oh: So I guess I need a diff pokemon.

Are you sure lev 50-55 aren't allowed? It does say something about the sum of pokemon in the default rules, but they won't tell me the 50 league rules! Why? Does anyone own the manual that can elaborate?? I don't know the complete rules.....

Any Pokémon over Level 50 is not allowed to compete in the Level 50 Stadiums/Colosseums. And yes, you get less PokéCoupons if you use legendary Pokémon in your team. If you use a legendary Pokémon, your total PokéCoupons will be reduced by 15% of what you would normally get. If you use more than one legendary, your PokéCoupon total will be reduced 15% more for each legendary in your team.

rinku
19th April 2004, 09:03 PM
Salamence is a pretty solid non-legend pokémon. You can get any of its moves onto it by L50 - even Double Edge if both parents know it (and you want it).

Kari and Mewtwo
19th April 2004, 09:09 PM
Youd probably wanna keep it at a max of 1 legend/00ber per team if you want both easy difficulty & high pokecoupon output. Just a warning, Orre lvl 50 single battle is a *****, especially the OHKO maniac & the Explosion freak. If anything, you'll want to bring a Shedinja along for the ride. Kazam & Groudon should get you through just fine though, but beware of the sporing smeargle.