PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Dates & Hanging Out ^_^

Angel Blossom
19th April 2004, 09:35 PM
Hehe, it's another one of my polls, people. ^^ Now that I'm back at school, I hung out with my buddies a lot to talk to them about their vacation. Heh, we were also invited to a party thrown by a couple of seniors, not sure if we should go or not. o.o;; Not that I've been on a date lately, but I just thought of posting this Poll because I haven't seen it around and it's always fun to reply to. IMO, anyway. ^^;;

Please keep the rules in mind, try to put -some- thought into your replies if you usually don't. Hope you like them! ^^

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

» Have you been on a date before?
If you have, did you feel comfortable? Do you think dates can be fun?

» Do you hang out with your friends often?
When (if) you do, where do you usually hang out?

» Which do you prefer - going on a date or hanging out with your friends?

» Do you go to parties thrown by your schoolmates/friends? Why or why not?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1) I've been on a date before. Actually, I've been on three. I wasn't too comfortable at first on my first date, but I relaxed a bit afterwards. ^^;; I haven't been on a date since.. last year. XD I can be timid, and since all of my guy friends are just friends, we never go out on dates & stuff. Some dates can be fun, but it all depends on who your date is. ^_^

2) I hang out with my friends almost every day! They are really funny & enjoyable to hang out with.. duh, they're my buddies. XD They come to my house after school sometimes. On weekends, sometimes we go to the movies, the mall *drags her guy friends there*, their house, or some park. ^^ We don't do anything stupid.. just hang out, talk, & have fun together.

3) I like to hang out with my friends more than going on dates. Dates can be fun, but I trust my friends more & I know they'll be there for me. My friends have been around for so long.. we've had our bad times, but we are still great buds. I would pick my friends over a date any day. ^^;; Heh, I feel bad when people ask me on a date & I have to say no, though. A guy did recently.. I have a boyfriend so I had to say no. I probably made him sad.. oops. o.o

4) Sometimes. Some high school parties can get out of hand, so I only go to small ones. ^_^" Besides, some parties can be really gay, since all the kids try to act "mature" and cool. They all act very immature and get on my nerves, lol. Those kids are at every party & are hard to avoid, so I try not to hang around too many parties at my highschool. Bleh.. parties aren't usually my thing anyway, unless if they're cool dances or parties for my close friends. ^^;;

phaedrus
19th April 2004, 09:40 PM
» Have you been on a date before?no
If you have, did you feel comfortable? Do you think dates can be fun?n/a

» Do you hang out with your friends often?weekly
When (if) you do, where do you usually hang out?garage or basement. play in a band.

» Which do you prefer - going on a date or hanging out with your friends?n/a because i have never been on a date.

» Do you go to parties thrown by your schoolmates/friends? Why or why not?not in college yet =| so i cant go frat-boy on my family =X

RedStarWarrior
19th April 2004, 10:55 PM
Yes and I felt comfortable. Dates are rather enjoyable to me.

Yes. I hang out several times.

I prefer going on a date because of how it ends.

I occasionally do but I don't like getting drunk all of the time.

MarshmallowEgg
20th April 2004, 12:44 AM
» Have you been on a date before? - Yep
If you have, did you feel comfortable? Do you think dates can be fun? - I've only REALLY been on one (the other two were with my ex and his family), but yeah, I was comfortable.

» Do you hang out with your friends often? - All the time
When (if) you do, where do you usually hang out? - At the mall across the street from my school, or at one of our houses. We play video games and stuff. ^_^

» Which do you prefer - going on a date or hanging out with your friends? - Hanging out with friends, definitely. Guys are great and all, but recent... experiences... have taught me that friends are MUCH more reliable than guys.

» Do you go to parties thrown by your schoolmates/friends? Why or why not? - Yeah, I do. I have friends throwing parties all the time. They're fun.

suzie
20th April 2004, 01:20 AM
yes i have. yes i did. yes i do.

when irc gets boring, i call my friends. we usually hang out at someones house. or wendys because my friend jim gives us free chicken strips :s

hanging out, but drunk hanging out so theres a chance of scoring :o

yes occasionally, because theyre usually fun, but in all honesty id rather be on irc :cool:

Green_Pikachu
20th April 2004, 10:06 AM

define date. cause if u mean having sex, then no. :(

yes, and at school. around the dorm. around campus. somewhere.

depends on my mood.

no. i don't drink. it's kinda pointless to go, otherwise.

Indecent Exposure
20th April 2004, 12:20 PM
» Have you been on a date before?[b]
Umm, yeah I guess. Never really think of 'em as "dates" though for some reason.

[b]If you have, did you feel comfortable? Do you think dates can be fun?
Comfortable? Course not :) Dates can be fun though, if your with somebody you just click with anyway.

Outside of school not really recently. I go to parties etc. but with exams and stuff nobody really spends much of their free time doin anythign normal :(

Anywhere where fun can be had, obviously :)

Friends, easy. At least you know beforehand you'll probably enjoy it.

Yeah, they're fun. Although they're really taking their toll this year, with everybody turnign 18, everybody's havign a big party... But I'm pretty lucky, since most people who go to these parties are generally nice, fun-lovin people.

en0miz
22nd April 2004, 06:01 PM
Sort of. o_o

It was somewhat of a date/regular hangout session. It was on Valentines Day, and me and a guy friend (who happened to like me) went out on a double date with my friend and her man. Since everyone knew each other, it was merely like a regular hangout. I don't know what I'd do on a real date though... I'd be so nervouse. xD

Yup. My friends and I enjoy roaming the streets during the summer, just talking and stopping in at a random friend's houses/stores... and since I live in such a busy place (nyc), it's extremely fun everytime we go out. I also do the usual parties, movies, stores, etc. The only thing I can say we don't do is go to arcades... we just don't do that here. xD

Hanging out with friends definately.

I've been to every party thrown by my school (except last week's one - bad test grades) and friends' parties. I love parties, especially the dancing. x) It's funny, I find it nerve-wracking just thinking about going on a date with someone you hardly know, but have no problem dancing 'super close' (if you know what I mean) with some random boy at a dance. o_O I'm wierd.

Silver Ledian
22nd April 2004, 06:07 PM
I haven't but if I was set up with someone I liked then I think I'd have a good time with her. I dunno...no one's ever really said, "Will you go out with her?" to me. :/

I hang out with my friends every day in school. Break-time, Lunch-time, before and after. We don't see each other much outside school so we make the most of it inside. I often go out with friends on a Friday but recently have stopped for no particular reason.

Well I've never been on a date so I go for the latter but if I had to choose between my first date and a night out with my friends, I'd try the date.

Not really. My closest friends don't throw parties but my ordinary 'mates' do. I don't go to them though because their other mates can be @$$wipes and I don't like being in an environment I feel uncomfortable in...well no one does.

Nice polls, Kris ;)

Kirei
22nd April 2004, 06:12 PM
Yes, I've been on quite a lot! :)

When I first met Ade, I was really nervous, but I was comfortable after a while. Dates are really good fun if you go with someone nice!

Yeah, quite a lot at uni

At uni, or in the pub!

Date! I love being taken out to a lovely restaurant or just out for a quiet drink, and having flowers bought for me and nice things! Ade are you listening?

Not really, because my uni friends aren't the sort to throw those uni parties that inevitably get ruined by people acting like idiots and doing drugs and things, and if I do get invited to any uni house party type things like that I normally find an excuse. I go if it's out somewhere though, just not to a party at someone's house.:196:

AntiAsh Superstar
23rd April 2004, 01:27 AM
Date! I love being taken out to a lovely restaurant or just out for a quiet drink, and having flowers bought for me and nice things! Ade are you listening?
:196:

My, what shameless hint-dropping, Kirei girl. :oh:

1. Yes, I have been on quite a few tho they've all been with the same person.

2. The first one was nerve-wracking, especially seeing as we hadn't actually met IRL before, but fortunately we just clicked straight away and hence I was perfectly comfortable from that point on. Dates are always good fun if you're with someone you really get on with, tho what's the point in going on a date if that isn't the case?

3. Yeah, when the mood strikes. I wouldn't say I hang around loads, but we often go out for drinks and stuff like that.

4. Dates, coz then I get to be all ridiculously over the top and sentimental and wussy. And I kinda prefer the intimacy of a date anyways.

5. Well, sure, when there's actually a party being thrown, which is only really on special occasions coz we hang around with quite a sensible bunch. And even then 'party' usually means 'drinks round someone's house before going over to a pub or restaurant to spend the rest of the night. :)

Syberia
23rd April 2004, 10:50 PM
1) I've been on a couple... I wasn't as comfortable as I'd like to have been, but what can I say? Sure they can be fun, if you're with someone whose company you enjoy.

2) Yeah, who doesn't? At people's houses, or just wherever we feel like going. I'm the only one of my and my close friends who can drive, so that helps.

3) I agree 100% with Todd - hanging out with friends, because you're guaranteed to enjoy it.

4) Yeah, sometimes. I don't like drinking that much, and I won't touch cigarettes, so I don't usually go to those parties.

Tainted
25th April 2004, 01:42 PM
Have you been on a date before?
Millions.

Of course they're fun, sharing spit with an equally attractive woman is always fun-- along with movies, food-- hell, anything with an attractive woman is fun.

Do you hang out with your friends often?
All the time.

Movie theatre, mall, friends' houses, my house.

Which do you prefer - going on a date or hanging out with your friends?
Chicks over dicks.

Do you go to parties thrown by your schoolmates/friends? Why or why not?
Yes. Because they involve alcohol, and women. If they don't, they aren't worth going to.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
9th May 2004, 07:26 AM

Yes, and I was usually comfortable. There were a few exceptions, though. And I think dates can definitely be fun, if you're with the right person.

Yeah, when I'm not on the net. We usually just go over to each others' houses, or go to the movie theater.

Almost always hanging out with friends.

Are we talking birthday parties, or parents-aren't-home-let's-rock-the-place-and-bring-beer parties? I'll attend a friend's birthday party gladly, but I'm not too much for parties without a special occasion. And if it gets too out of control, I'll just leave. I'm not a very wild person.

Heald
9th May 2004, 07:29 AM
?Have you been on a date before?

Nope.

? Do you hang out with your friends often?

Yes. We hang around in pubs, usually, or in parks smoking weed and drinking ourselves silly.

? Which do you prefer - going on a date or hanging out with your friends?

I'll let New Found Glory handle this...'my friends over you'...hanging out, definately.

? Do you go to parties thrown by your schoolmates/friends? Why or why not?

Yeah, sometimes. I love parties because there is loads of boozies and normally loads of girls.

Jay
7th August 2004, 05:22 AM
1. no
2. once a week. one of them i hang out with twice a week
3. hanging with friends
4. no