PDA

View Full Version : Now what to write...? ._.;; [Poll]

Toxicity
21st April 2004, 03:55 PM
This was inspired by the fact my Literature honors teacher assigned the class to either a fiction or a children's story for a first grade class...I was assigned to a children's story...;-;

1. Have you ever had to write stories for an assignment? If so, when was the last time you had to?

2. What was the last one about?(if you've had to) If not, do you think you'll have to write a story in the near future?

3. Do you have any ideas in mind just in case you have to write another story?

4. How long did your previous assigned story take?

5. Do you have any ideas for me to write about that a first grader would like?

*Randomness*:
6. Do you plan on watching the new South Park episode at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight(if it's past that, did you?)

~*~*~*~*~

1. Yes. I had to write one back in January, and now I have to write another...;-;

2. I sorta forgot...I think it was about a girl and her cat, but I don't remember...=/

3. For this next one, I don't have anything yet...=/ Yet, I don't think I'll have to write anything for the rest of the school year after that.

4. Two or three hours...;-;

5. How should I know? oO;;

*Randomness*:
6. Yeah, if I haven't passed out by then...

Little_Pikachu
21st April 2004, 04:10 PM
1. Have you ever had to write stories for an assignment? If so, when was the last time you had to?
The last time was when I was doing my English GCSE resit in college.

2. What was the last one about?(if you've had to) If not, do you think you'll have to write a story in the near future?
We were given a set of topics to choose from, I wrote about a guy who'd been cryogenetically frozen after being run over and killed by an uber-rich business man who couldn't cope with the guilt. He wakes up 50 years later to chaos which has been going on for half a century after the milennium bug (wrote this in '99) caused everything to crash and all the criminals got out of jail and formed gangs and such. He ends up killing himself because he can't get his head around what's going on and it's too much for him to cope with. After our teacher marked it she gave us individual feed back, her first word to me when she gave mine was "Wow..."

I have a lot of ideas, it's just finding the time and effort which is the problem. I wont HAVE to write any more stories, but I'd like to some day.

A few hours maybe.

Bob the dog?

*Randomness*:
6. Do you plan on watching the new South Park episode at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight(if it's past that, did you?)
They don't show the new stuff here yet, but I'll probably download it tomorrow afternoon.

RedStarWarrior
21st April 2004, 04:20 PM
Yes, 1st grade.

I don't remember.

Nope.

A couple of minutes.

Candy.

*Randomness*:
6. Do you plan on watching the new South Park episode at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight(if it's past that, did you?)?
Definately...

phaedrus
21st April 2004, 07:26 PM
1.yea. we had to write short stories. mine was on a civilization of sea monkeys XD

2.see above.

3.um.....dunno....i guess i could write about....ah hell screw that...i don't know.

4.like half an hour haha XD

5.write about kids arguing whose pokemon cards are better haha XD.

6.no. i watch alias and csi. buwhahahahaha.

Agent Elrond
21st April 2004, 07:54 PM

No. Thank god. I don't go to pr---school, so I never get dumb assignments like this. However, I do write a lot, I am currently working on the rough draft of my second novel, which I started last fall.

Like I am going to tell you what my novels are about. :rolleyes: And yes, I will write another story once this one is finished.

Of course I do!

They weren't assignments, they were projects. My first novel took me about 14 months to write, this one will be shorter, and I hope toy have it finished by June.

Write a story about a free spirited young kid who is always being punished by his teacher. Then have him/her find a magic item (watch, pencil, stone, you name it) and use it to turn his/her teacher into a (pick one) frog, ant, mosquito, mouse, or earthworm. Wheather you want to save the teacher is up to you.

*Randomness*:
6. Do you plan on watching the new South Park episode at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight(if it's past that, did you?)?

At 10:00 pm I will be asleep. ZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzz

Rambunctious Jamirus
21st April 2004, 08:16 PM

Yep. Quite a few ones actually. Last one was in February.

The last was to ask our parents about an important and life-changing thing they went through and interpret it after being told it once. I kinda did it because I knew the outline of the story, just not the entire thing...

Yeah, I always have ideas. I'll probably do a story on my new creatures from the Gethi Region, just won't call them Pokemon ^-^

Two weeks because he needed to rush us through it.

You could write about a tiger that escaped the zoo that abused him/her and found happiness with a new family ^-^ Or you could write about a lost dog finding a home and then the people giving him back...I don't know anymore. Most of my ideas are for mature minds nowadays...

*Randomness*:

Nope, I don't watch South Park.

Silver Ledian
22nd April 2004, 06:23 PM
Yep, in English! Last time I had to was in early 2003, for English. It always is for English.

Well we normally had to do assignments on stuff like 'Macbeth' and 'Of Mice and Men' and reports on short stories etc. but the last one I made up was probably about me getting a puppy for my birthday. Sounds crap but I got a good mark in it and that's all I was looking really, hehe.

None at all but if I do, then I can normally come up with ideas rather quickly - although it takes time for the good ones to appear in my head.

Probably about 4 hours at the most. I made it really descriptive - as we had to - and tried to insert dialogue and good verbs etc.

Ummmm...a girl called Millie goes out on an adventure to try and find the end of the rainbow. I know, I like it too :)

*Randomness*:
Nope. I went through a very short spell of liking South Park, like a year after everyone else of course - typical me. It was funny but it's not something I follow.

Green_Pikachu
22nd April 2004, 07:06 PM
eh...yeah, i guess. probably sometime early on in high school. you don't really have to write stories at college, unless your class is specifically geared towards short-story writing or something...

i honestly don't remember. too long ago.

nah, im not really a story writer. i'm more of a poet if anything.

eh...well i probably did it the night before, since that's my style.

write about rainbows and pots of gold.

*Randomness*:
no, i didnt watch it. sorry.

mr_pikachu
9th May 2004, 08:09 AM

Probably when I was in 5th grade. We had to do a lot of things like that in that grade.

I have no idea. I doubt I'll have to write a story in the near future, since I'm not going to be taking any English courses next semester.

Yeah, but none of them would work for a children's story... too violent. :oh:

Probably about 15 minutes.

I'm guessing you have that as an assignment. Um... it depends on the kid. If it's a boy, go for something with sports, if you can. If it's a girl, simple romance always works. But above all, keep it simple. Little kids don't have the kind of attention span that we do.

*Randomness*:

Nope, not a South Park fan.

Heald
9th May 2004, 08:16 AM

English coursework...I got a B.

A boy that joyrides then crashes.

I am a big Star Wars fan.

One night.

I like tropical island stories.

*Randomness*:

No, because I live in England.

shazza
10th May 2004, 02:04 AM
-Yes, I wrote one a couple of months ago.

-I can't remember the last one, to be honest.

-No.

-A couple of days..?

-Sex explained for minors.

*Randomness*:
-No, as I live in Australia. However when new South Parks are on, I always watch them and record them.

gomez
10th May 2004, 11:06 AM
1. It's been the longest time since I've had to write a story. I'm thinking around September in my freshman english lit class.

2. It was about when me and my buddies got together and drank/smoked ourselves silly one night (the prof told us she didn't care what it was about or the content).

3. No.

4. I wrote the morning it was due...so about fifteen to twenty minutes.

5. I'm willing to send you a copy of my story. It was...interesting.

6. I watch South Park all of the time. I think I might have seen the one you are talking about. I just noticed the date tag on the original post.