PDA

View Full Version : Strategy help wanted for a slew of new additions (and other help)

Scythemantis
21st April 2004, 07:12 PM
After sweeping through a rental of colosseum I have a female forretress, ariados, and shuckle, renewed interest in weezing, and entirely new interest in claydol. I won't be using all at once, of course, just one or two at a time on my main team. I'd like to know some reccomended r/s sets for them, keeping in mind the following:

-Obviously I intend to breed the three bugs and raise my own from scratch. I'll be using a male dustox as the father, so they'lle all be born conveniently with toxic even if I don't end up keeping it for all their final sets.

-I know toxic is a key move for Claydol as well, but I'm not completely sure if I want to use up my last tm06. I'm partly considering it for my dusclops (though the curse/rest/willowisp combo is both fun and working nicely for me) or even my Gloom (since it has little other use)

-No earthquake for claydol/forry. I already used my tm for it on my glalie, and wasted my original from saphirre.

-I caught a male misdreavus in colosseum before I realized it was too late for a female, but I like that weezing can get pain split from it. I know it doesn't serve much of a purpose with weezing's high HP but I still like the idea. Should I forget the whole thing?

...Aaaand once again I'm fiddling with my gloom to make the unevolved wuss as obnoxious as possible. The pool of moves I'm now considering are:

Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Double Team
Moonlight
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Return (BLAH!)
Rain Dance
Hidden power
(Sunny day, synthesis & razor leaf if I breed a whole new one)

Rain dance because fire is the most common threat and my gloom's hidden power is water. It'd at least be unexpected. Obviously shouldn't use moonlight with such a set, but gloom's giga drain is pretty freakin weak. I want to be sure I choose just the right set because if I use moonlight or giga I'll be maxing their PP.

Edit/ *sigh*...I barely ever make new threads but they're always ignored. Are my requests that terrible? Oh well...