PDA

View Full Version : Survival ~ Can you make it? (Sign-Ups)

VirtualPlay
22nd April 2004, 12:47 AM
This RPG was started a while ago by PrincessAdina, but unfortunately she hasn't been seen for quite some time. Hopefully she wouldn't mind me restarting her (previously very successful) RPG.

Survival
Do or do not...there is no 'try'.
~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

~July 6th, 2004~

The S.S. Harriet, a beautiful luxury ocean liner, is prepared to make its maiden voyage. Currently stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, the ship will soon make its 30-day trip around the Pacific, stopping on a few islands every few days. The ship itself is not very large for an ocean liner, with room for only a couple hundred people. Even still, everything looks like it's shaping up for a perfect cruise. With much celebration, the S.S. Harriet leaves port, planned to return in thirty days.

...but it never does. Not even a day into the cruise, the ship hits an unexpected storm. Unable to steady itself, it runs into a bunch of rocks jutting out of the surface of the ocean, breaching the hull and causing the ship to sink too quickly for people to react. Unable to get the lifeboats and rafts out, countless lives are lost. It seems everyone, crew and passengers, was lost at sea.

Not so; you survive, somehow. You wake up, finding yourself on or in the water around an island. An island seemingly untouched by civilization. As you wander around, you find others on the island, all of them also washed up from the wreckage. Not being alone is definitely a good thing, but you're still stranded on an island that has no other people on it. Can you figure out a way to keep yourselves alive until you're rescued...if you do get rescued at all?

~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

Yeah, I changed it a bit, but the premise is the same. For sign-ups, I'll accept any number of people, but only one character per person.

Sign-Up Form
~~~~~~~~
Name:
Appearance: (be as detailed as you can, and include clothes; you're not changing any time soon)
Personality: (don't go into massive detail, but don't write one sentence)
History: (optional; any background info on your character you want to give?)
Reason for going: (why are you on the ship in the first place?)
Relationships: (BF/GF/crush, siblings, friends, etc.)
Bag Contents: (be reasonable: you were not expecting to crash, so don't have a huge bag full of instant food. If you choose to have a bag at all, it will be a small bag, with small things that can be useful [i.e. pocketknife] or useless [i.e. cell phone]. Don't forget to describe the bag.)
Other: (do with it as you will)

----------

My sign-up:
~~~~~~~~
Name: Mike Rampart
Appearance: Tall, around 6'2", skinny/lanky, with short brown hair and deep green eyes; wearing dark blue jean shorts, a light gray t-shirt, thick-strap brown leather sandals, with sunglasses and a digital watch on his right wrist (although he's right-handed).
Personality: Very amiable, likes making and keeping friends. Not that good in a tight situation, but otherwise can sometimes be too smart for his own good. Doesn't get angry easily, but when he does get angry, there's a short fuse for quite a while.
History: His parents weren't very supportive of him, and barely noticed him or cared about him when he was around the house; they got rather annoyed when he got a programming job at 16 to support himself and started making more than them.
Reason for going: His parents sent him off to try and get rid of him. Little did they know how well their plan would work...
Relationships: *will wait for others to sign up*
Bag Contents: This bag with a 'Brick' color stripe (http://www.yakpak.com/product.asp?dept_id=22&pf_id=1157); contains: a now-ruined iBook and charger; a now-ruined CD-player; drenched, unreadable papers; a now-ruined cell phone; wallet with soaked money, ruined receipts, photos, debit card, and a Swiss Army Card (http://www.a-shop.com.au/swisscard/rubinas.jpg).
Other: Knowledgeable in computers, math, and science more than average.

Lulu
22nd April 2004, 02:10 PM
I edited again -- just so you know

http://members.efn.org/~iejit/2bags.gif
the blue one.p.s. it has a zip
Name: Elle walker
Appearance: exactly like this but with no cat ears:
http://advancedanime.com/pictures/catgirls/Beautiful%20Cat%20Girl.jpg
Personality: can be shy until she gets to know someone then she is really relaxed and open hearted,she is tough and defend herself.Can be sarcastic and may sometimes overreact.she likes things to go her way but can deal with it when it doesn't.she is kind and sharing,and has donated large amounts of money,she will help people out and is very resourceful.
History: boyfriend and parents died in fire,was in a coma for 1 year,went to jail for arson for 1 year but was let out because they found the real killer.
Reason for going: loves to travel,wanted to escape from her meaningless and pitiful life.
Relationships: no friends or family,had a boyfriend who is now dead.
Bag Contents: camera,videocamera,cellphone,lipstick,hairties,cd walkman,
Other: does yoga,films things,is really careful and always prepares for disasters.

VirtualPlay
22nd April 2004, 02:21 PM
Lulu: Please no suggestive pictures, this is a Pokémon site and there are many kids here (quite a few under 13) who don't need to see that kind of picture. Also, you can not possibly carry all of those things in that one bag, even if you have two bags like the impression I'm getting. Most of them would most likely fall out of the bag(s) while you were out at sea anyway. And please be just a little more "full" with your personality description. I don't want your posts to be short and jerky like your sign-up looks like right now. Sorry, but as it stands right now, your sign-up is :no:

Mikey
22nd April 2004, 02:31 PM
Name: Marco Candella (Sigh, never gets old)
Appearance: Marco has the typical Italian look. His hair is jet black and spiky, and his skin is a light brown. He always looks high class, weaing expensive htings as his parents are both rich. His eyes are baby blue and he's pretty muscular. He has an averge sized face and is decently tall. He speaks fluent Italian as well. His clothes consist of a baby blue Armani cuffed short sleeve shirt with blue jeans. He also wears a ring around his finger (not wedding ring) and a watch on his wrist. He has the Italian Horn pendant on a neclace around his neck.
Personality: He's the all around party guy. Growing up rich made him somewhat spoiled, but he's a great person to get along with. He's almost never serious, but will do whatever he can to make other's lives easier. He'll speak his mind though, and watch out if you get on his bad side.
History: Marco was born into a rich Italian family in Rome. At the age of 14 he moved to America and spent his high school years there. He knows English perfectly and really doesn't have much of an Italian accent.
Reason for going: He is now in his 3rd year of Med School and is taking a few weeks off for the ocean trip.
Relationships: Single and Looking
Bag Contents: wrist watch, cell phone, a few cereal and milk bars, MP3 player, broken pair of sunglasses, wallet, and a beeper
Other- Skilled in medicine as he's becoming a doctor.

VirtualPlay
22nd April 2004, 02:41 PM
Hey Mikey, I like it! you're in :yes:

Tainted
22nd April 2004, 08:14 PM
Name: Elexand

Appearance: 6'1, with a heavy build carved sharply from years of training. He has black hair that is kept nicely around his head, it is short on the sides and at the back, but his bangs hang over his eyes. He has extremely pale skin, appearing almost ghost-like at sometimes. Elexand wears black jeans, a pair of black boots and a black sleeveless shirt with a, once again, black suit jacket.

Personality: Outgoing and talkative, sometimes it's not the best though, as he gets arrogant sometimes. He has periods of time at which he likes to be alone, and shows very mild symptoms of schizophrenia. Has a short temper, quick to anger, often rushes into things without even taking a second to think them through. Lives things by the moment, rather than waiting them out long-term.

History: His prime physical condition is a result of his job-- he is a professional heavyweight boxer and currently holds a large city belt for his winning of a tournament that happened a month ago. He has been training since he was sixteen, and it shows, as he is the peak of physical progress. Definately not to be reckoned with strength wise, as he knows all too well how to fight from years of devotion to the sport of boxing.

Reason for going: Celebration for winning a large city belt in a boxing tournament.

Relationships: Any takers?

Bag Contents: The bag that he carries is his lucky gym bag, an old tattered black bag that is still rather well-working. Inside of it he has:
-A pair of black trunks that have "Elexand" written on the waistband.
-A pair of black boxing gloves, of which also have his name, except on the wrist of the gloves.
-His heavyweight champion belt for the tournament he just won.
-A now ruined cellular phone.
-A large hunting knife given to him by his father when he was sixteen, it originally had the purpose of cutting the strings on his gloves.
-One boxing shoe, the other fell out of a hole that was torn in the side of the bag.

Other: No, not this time, Other.

Crystal Tears
22nd April 2004, 08:42 PM
Name: Alicia Gene
Appearance: Her hair is black, and would probably be straight if it wasn't for her small, very tight together cornrolls. Theres so many she wears them as a pony tail, if it was down, it would be about to the middle of her back.
Her eyes are a dep brown, that always have a mystery about them, they show a different side of her, though noones ever really stared at them long enough to notice.
She wears a emerald green halter top, that goes nicely with her dark skin color. Combined with her Navy Blue jeans.
Is quite athletic, and somewhat well built for a girl, not overly though.
Personality: quiet shy at the beginning, but eventually will open up to people, she can be quiet out going, and friendly to be around, takes alot to get on her nerves, but when people do, she lets them know quickly.
History: can't think of anything.
Reason for going: Wanted to take a break from everything in the city.
Relationships: single and looking I guess..
Bag Contents:
~Pocket Knife
~sun glasses
~Mirror
~lighter
Other: nope....

VirtualPlay
22nd April 2004, 09:57 PM
Lulu: Well, I'm sorry, but I don't think you quite get that as this is a survival RPG, your character isn't prepared for being stranded because she wasn't planning on it. That and I'm pretty darn sure all that stuff can't fit into one bag. Sorry, but you're not in. :no:

Skullfire: I'm picturing Goldeneye 007 Hunting Knife when you say "hunting knife," so about 8" long or so...with a case, I'd assume. If so, then you're fine. :yes:

Crystal Tears: Well, I see nothing wrong, and I've never had any real trouble with you in the past, so you're in :yes:

----------

I'd say about 3 or 4 more sign-ups, but that's not a set number yet...still, hurry up or I'll start without you, and there won't be LSUs.

HbCharizard
22nd April 2004, 11:16 PM
Name: Ark Lancast
Appearance: Attachment, guy on the right.
Personality: He is very shy, especially around people he doesn't know. He's good with computers, but is weak. Wants to learn to be strong though. He eventually opens up to people, but only if he really knows them. So...He ain't gonna open up anytime soon. He is usually calm and collected, and he doesn't give in to pressure easily.
History: TBR
Reason for going: To get some time off before collage.
Relationships: Open, not really looking, him bein so shy and all.
Bag Contents: His now useless Labtop, some instant ramen noodles, and a also useless extra battery.
Other: I'll spare you this time other.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Roy Karrde
25th April 2004, 12:38 PM
Name: Jennifer Karrde
Appearance: She has long brown hair that reaches down to her shoulder blades, she has hazel eyes and light skin. Her body is a little less mature for a sixteen year old. She's about 5' 1". She wears a light pink t-shirt that is a little torn up around the mid section from rushing about at the begining. She wears blue jeans, that are frayed around the bottom, and are ripped at the knees.
Personality: She's a little shy around the new group, she doesnt know if she will ever be rescued so she remains depressed with the thought of being stranded on the island forever. When she finally does open up she can be a very sweet and giving person, who will begin to accept that they will never get off the island.
History: Her father, Roy Karrde, worked in construction and ship design, as she grew up she began to gain knowledge on such things, and the inner mechanics of ships. She aspires to be a archetech when she grows up.
Reason for going: She wanted to study the ship, and get some time to relax, she also wanted to get some knowledge on the design to tell her father when she gets back to port.
Relationships: None
Bag Contents: She forgets to grab her bag in all the confusion
Other: (do with it as you will)

VirtualPlay
25th April 2004, 02:48 PM
HbCharizard: Hm, looks alright, you're in :yes:

Roy Karrde: A bagless person makes for a nice twist, you're in too :yes:

----------
I would like to see more female characters (currently 4 guys to 2 girls), but it's not something that I'm going to strictly enforce, just a suggestion. And now that I think about it, 8 people seems a little small...I'll start after either 10 people or I'll start Monday night with LSUs until Tuesday. (Yes, I need to provide a schedule for myself at some times in my life. :P)

Samchu
25th April 2004, 03:34 PM
Sign-Up Form
Name: Ian Rush
Appearance: Ian's somewhere between 6'1 and 6'2 tall. He has a very strong build due to the fact that he has spent most of his life being active by running away from countless numbers of people. Ian has dep blue eyes that always seem to be alert and brown / blonde hair that doesn't seem to have any specific style. His clothes are baggy and worn, his jeans have rips in them and the colour has faded from his black t-shirt. His trainers are badly scuffed and on the verge of falling apart.
Personality: Cocky and quick-witted, Ian is the sort of guy who's used to thinking on his feet. Never thinking about the future but concentrating on surviving in the present. Tends to get looked down on due to his appearance but he's used to it by now. He focuses on himself and believes you should help no one but yourself. It's his key for survival.
History: Ian was orphaned at the age of 7 and hid out on the streets. He got into a gang after they saw him pull of what they said was 'classic pickpocketing' and he became gang leader at 16. At 18 he decided he decided to go it alone. He was getting on top of his game and he didn't want any liabilities. He'll do anything he has to to survive, no matter who he has to scam / steal from to get it.
Reason for going: He messed with the wrong guy and ended up on the run to save his life. He managed to swipe a ticket in the boarding crowd and got aboard the ship, escaping with his life.
Relationships: he's seen a few people around, chances are he's probably mugged or scammed a few of them as well
Bag Contents: A small black rucksack that contains his 'survival kit'. In it is his:
~ pocket knife
~ flashlight
~ money of various different currencies (kept dry because he keeps it in a small plastic bag)
~ his 'disguise kit' (sunglasses, baseball cap, red top and black leather pants)
Other: :sweat: *I fear the other*

VirtualPlay
25th April 2004, 04:03 PM
Samchu: there are two things I find wrong with your sign-up. One, you say he was orphaned and lived on the streets with the gangs...how then was he in high school? If you can explain it, then it's fine. Two, what do you mean by "torch"? If you're talking something like a flamethrower, then no; if you're talking about a flare, then it's fine, but tell me this, please.
EDIT: okay, now it looks good. By the way, I really like the "self-serving" part of his personality :yes:

Samchu
25th April 2004, 04:18 PM
Good point about that high school bit, my imagination running wild I guess. I'll take that bit out. And about the torch...I'm English ya see and I keep forgetting to mention that. I'll change it to flashlight to sort out any complications.
Sorry about da inconvenience.

EVme15
26th April 2004, 08:46 PM
*waves* Reserve pwease? *has like no time right now*

VirtualPlay
26th April 2004, 08:57 PM
Okay, spot reserved for you, EV. Also a slot has been reserved for PoL since she's already almost finished with her character. That leaves one sign-up left as I go and start the topic! If nobody claims the last character slot by the end of Tuesday EST, it's mine! :badsmile:

Craig
27th April 2004, 08:03 PM
Name: Craig Symonds
Appearance: 6'0, Light build. Has shaggy brown hair and fairly pale skin. Wearing a long-sleeved (expect them to be cut off) shirt, and black jeans. Has a few rings on his fingers, a watch and a pendant of an ankh.
Personality: Can be a loner, but can work with people if needed. Once you knwo him he can be pretty open and a fairly funny guy... Can think under pressure and isn't easily overwhelmed.
History: Grew up in Toronto, lead a standard boring life.
Reason for going: To take some time off before going to Film School
Relationships: None, unless someone else wants to be friends with my character.
Bag Contents:
-Wallet (ruined)
-Pen
-Car-keys
-Digital SLR Camera (Was in a protective case)
-Extra camera battery (Was also in the protective case)
Other: He'll be taking pictures of stuff.

VirtualPlay
27th April 2004, 08:15 PM
Well, I see nothing wrong with that, so welcome aboard. :yes:

and LSUs are now officially closed *STAMP*

EVme15
27th April 2004, 08:19 PM
My Reserved SU... *will post when OKed or fixed*

Name: Kayla Zeith
Appearance: Has light blonde hair, slightly wavy, that goes partially down her back. She has sparkling green eyes. Her shirt is a blue t-shirt that's a bit long for her. She wears faded jeans. Skinny to medium build.
Personality: Optimistic and slightly (ok, quite a bit) random. She's quick to make friends and to trust others, and doesn't worry about problems. She's a bit of a slacker, but will pull her own weight if she's enthusiastic enough about what she's doing.
History: ... *can't think*
Reason for going: Fun! *throws beach ball* VOLLEYBALL!
Relationships: *waves to next person* Wanna be a friend?!
Bag Contents: A small light blue backpack. It contains a few wet dollars, some boxes of chocolate pocky (the pocky is ok because it's in plastic), and a ruined manga book.
Other: Her memory about the sinking was lost when she hit her head on... something. But otherwise she's fine. *stares* ... can I shoot it now? ^^

VirtualPlay
27th April 2004, 08:27 PM
I see nothing wrong with that signup, so you're on too.

Yay! Only one more person left to sign up.

VirtualPlay
29th April 2004, 10:52 AM
Well...unfortunately PoL has decided to take back her reservation because she feels a bit (in her word) "lazy." Rather than go through all the trouble of looking for LSUs again, I'm just going to take her character's slot. Sorry if people have a problem with this, but I really don't want there to be such an imbalance of characters.

Name: Kathy Konnetsu
Appearance: taller than average, about 5'11", but much too skinny for her age (not anorexia) and physically quite weak; she has long, dirty blond hair that goes down to her butt, her eyes are a bright blue in color, yet even so her face is Asian in appearance. She's wearing a translucent ankle-length stretch waist skirt with a bright floral pattern on it, a light turquoise skin-tight tank top to match, and a sky blue bikini underneath (she was in a hurry); her shoes fell off in the ocean.
Personality: Extremely closed to people in general, very timid and quiet, always seems to be brooding over something. She doesn't like making conversation, but is too polite to totally ignore people.
History: Dad was Japanese, moved to Hawaii and married an American woman (Mom). She doesn't give too much detail about her history except that her mom died less than a year ago and she now hates her dad.
Reason for going: To escape from home. She won't give any more detail.
Relationships: None, she's too closed to make any. Even on the island she resists making friends.
Bag Contents: No bag, she only brought a single suitcase onto the boat to begin with (that and I'm too lazy to think of contents)
Other: *spares Other*