PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite computer games character

The Gremlin
22nd April 2004, 08:23 AM
Boo,

Hi i'm doing reasearch into 'what makes a good computer games character' so i need to know which characters are people's favorite.
So please tell me yours

HavoX
22nd April 2004, 08:42 AM
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/images/doomdance.gif http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/images/DooMed_Trainer.gif

need i say more? :P

PNT510
22nd April 2004, 10:51 AM
I would have to say HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic.

Heald
22nd April 2004, 11:19 AM
Boo,

Hi i'm doing reasearch into 'what makes a good computer games character' so i need to know which characters are people's favorite.
So please tell me yoursIs this homework or something? If so what class?

Anyway, Knuckles from Sonic & Knuckles rules. He isn't a prissy bell-end like Sonic and he can glide and climb up walls. All Sonic does is roll around everywhere.

The Gremlin
22nd April 2004, 11:27 AM
Hehe

This is my final year dissertation at Hull university, im studying computer games.
Thanks for the replies so far, but i'd like as many as possible people to vote if there want to help me out

Heald
22nd April 2004, 11:37 AM
You're in Hull? Eww.

Do you know that was voted Britain's crappest city?

Craig
22nd April 2004, 01:57 PM
The half life guy. Who else can kick as much ass as that guy..WITH A CROWBAR.

HavoX
22nd April 2004, 02:09 PM
The half life guy

I suppose you mean Gordon Freeman by any chance?

how on earth could you forget his name? :tongue:

Lezta
22nd April 2004, 02:26 PM
They have to kick ass.

Doom Marine - He kicks ass.
HK47 - He probably kicks ass.
Knuckles - He kicks ass.
Gordon Freeman - He kicks ass.

And to add to the list: The entire cast of Soul Calibur.

They kick ass.

Kicking ass is the key. If you can look incredibly cool while doing it you get major bonus points!

EDIT: As for my favourite: Tails the Fox. He's sweet. And kicks ass. I like that.

Pichu
22nd April 2004, 02:36 PM
Pikachu. Need I say more?

Metallix
22nd April 2004, 07:06 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog

Don't think I have to say anything else. XD

PhatZapdos
24th April 2004, 12:26 PM
gordon freeman
master chief

2 best FPS's ever made....and the both kick major ass :ingrams:

andyizcool
24th April 2004, 02:04 PM
From Role Playing Games I would have to say Squall from Final Fantasy VIII and Paine from Final Fantasy X-2. They keep quiet and don't tell their friends anything about their pasts until they can trust their friends more. They wear dark clothing and have a mysterious thing about them. You just want to learn more about these characters making them my favourite.

From Platformers I would have to say Hyper Sonic from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. They make him have the cool flashing colours and the very fast supersonic speed. He would also be my favourite because he has a lot of power and knows how to use it all to save the world. Characters like Sonic and friends would beat Mario any day because Sonic characters just look better because they're animated animals.

Sarcastic Assassin
24th April 2004, 11:49 PM
Clod ...er, Cloud. Huge-ass sword. Need I say more?

Link, but not Mario. Why? They both save the princess (every time), but Link's got an awesome sword, shield, boomerang, bombs... need I say more?

Solid Snake. The coolest spy ever.

Yuna from FFX, but not from FFX-2. Honestly, you know Yuna was way cooler in FFX than X-2. (IMO, X-2 sucked. It was a horrible sequel).

Chrono, from Chrono Trigger.

Does anyone know who GameFAQs voted as their favorite video game character?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
25th April 2004, 02:30 AM
Hm, computer games character, well I'd have to say my EverQuest character that I've been playing for 2 and a half years now.

But if you want an "official" character it would have to be Garret from the Thief series, closely followed by Gabriel Knight and the Avatar from Ultima.

The Gremlin
25th April 2004, 09:07 AM
Hello, I would like to use the results from this topic on my dissertation, so i was wondering if i had permission to use the 'pokémasters' internet address on my assignment.

I will give a proper achnoledgement in my dissertation of course.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd May 2004, 07:21 AM
I gotta say Sonic too. The charachter just has that attitude and then of course all the Speed and Agility in the world which to me impresses more than strength and power.

Though in this day and age i think your dissertation should include the current trend for Player created charachters. MMORPG's are making these much more common but theres one charachter i regularly recreate that so far has been a Wrestler, Skateboarder, Supercross Racer, American Footballer, Rugby League player and an Attacking Midfielder for Everton.

en0miz
2nd May 2004, 10:44 AM
Starfox, because I enjoyed the games and foxes are cool. :>

PNT510
2nd May 2004, 01:15 PM
Hello, I would like to use the results from this topic on my dissertation, so i was wondering if i had permission to use the 'pokémasters' internet address on my assignment.

I will give a proper achnoledgement in my dissertation of course.

Go right ahead. I doubt PMK would care if you use information gathered from pokemasters in a school project.

Yoh Asakura
2nd May 2004, 01:30 PM
Starfox, because I enjoyed the games and foxes are cool. :>

Your sig would be better if it said "moo it moo it" rather then Move.

Anywaho, Sephiroth and Cloud but in KH style, since they looks kick arse

RedStarWarrior
7th May 2004, 08:40 AM
I say my favorite character is Talim from Soul Caliber II. She's small, cute, and deadly.

Neo-Xantios
6th June 2004, 04:38 AM
Here are mine:

Prelate Zeratul - StarCraft
Vice Admiral Alexi Stukov - StarCraft Brood War
Captain Jim Raynor - StarCraft

Thrall - WarCraft III RoC
Furion - WarCraft III RoC

That's it for now...

whitedragon
9th June 2004, 03:08 PM
the dude in doom... and... ivy from soul calibur 2.. and.. lulu from FFX.... and the guy in GTA 3!