PDA

View Full Version : A Water Theme Team: Tidal Wave V.1.1

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
23rd April 2004, 06:16 PM
I updated my team a bit here and there, hope you like it.

I did my best to get rid of the electric and grass weakness, and I think that it worked out pretty good. So here we go!

Lanturn
Nature: Modest(+ Spcl Atck -Atck)
Ability: Volt Absorb
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, Surf, Confuse Ray
Function: VS Electric
Explanation:
He comes in when the opponent wants to use an Electric move. He?ll absorb it, and heal itself with the attack. It?s also the status effecter of the team. A Thunderwave can be really a pain in the ass, especially when Swampert comes to clean up a bit.

Kingdra
Nature: Calm (+Spcl. Def -Atck)
Ability: Swift Swim
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Raindance, Rest
Function: VS Grass/Electric
Explanation:
A major duh, why this Pok骯n made it into the team. He is really resistant to a lot of types, although it?s only weakness is Dragon. It?ll start with Raindance, helping out the rest of the team, but also to boost it?s Speed a lot. This makes him quite the fighter. After attacking a lot of times, it?ll rest up, and continue to attack. + Special Defence to make it a bit tougher to handle.

Ludicolo
Nature: Bold (+Def - Atck)
Ability: Rain Dish
Attacks: Gigadrain, Icebeam, Leechseed, Raindance
Explanation:
My annoyer and vampire of the team. Just Raindance, yet again to help the team. Then Leechseed the opponent making it recover even more HP, then I?ll just Gigadrain the opponent. Icebeam again Grass types and stuff.

Swampert
Nature: Adament (+Atck - Spcl. Atck)
Ability: Torrent
Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, Curse, Rest
Explanation:
My electric fighter. Curse to power up. It can learn Rockslide in Fire Red and Leaf Green by using the Move tutor, so it pretty owns along with Earthquake. After cursing and attacking, Rest up, and it?s ready to go.

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Attacks: Earthquake, Taunt, Dragon Dance, Flail/HP-Bug
Function: VS Ground
Explanation:
It?s pretty good. It also lowers my Grass weakness in the team as well as the Ground weakness. Dragon Dance to power up. Taunt against Hazers , which may come in handy, because it can't Haze the Dragon dances away. He works very well with Lanturn, because most people want to use an Electric move against this guy, so I quickly switch to Lanturn while the opponent wants use Thunderbolt. This may recover a lot of HP. I already bred the guy and to my surprise, he has the HP-Bug. From what I know Bug is attack based, so it might really work out against Psychics, Dark's and Grasses, whom he has trouble with if he go's with Flail. So this guy can be my Psychic/Dark/Grass battling Poke.

Tentacruel
Nature: Modest (+ Spcl Atck - Atck)
Ability: Clear Body
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Barrier, Rest
Function: VS Grass
Explanation:
This guy is pretty good because it also lowers the Grass weakness in my team. It powers up with Barrier to protect itself against Ground attacks, Rest up, then go on the offensive with Surf and Icebeam, ripping Grass Pok骯n to shreds.

So I got 2 Pok骯n that are weak against Electric and 2 that are weak against Grass, so I think that fighting the weakness actually worked out here. :P

phaedrus
23rd April 2004, 07:10 PM
I updated my team a bit here and there, hope you like it.

I did my best to get rid of the electric and grass weakness, and I think that it worked out pretty good. So here we go!

Lanturn
Ability: Volt Absorb
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Thunderwave, Surf, Confuse Ray
Explanation:
He comes in when the opponent wants to use an Electric move. He?ll absorb it, and heal itself with the attack. It?s also the status effecter of the team. A Thunderwave can be really a pain in the ass, especially when Swampert comes to clean up a bit. rates in italics. ok, maybe icebeam>confuseray.

Kingdra
Nature: Calm (+Spcl. Def -Atck)
Ability: Swift Swim
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Raindance, Rest
Explanation:
A major duh, why this Pok骯n made it into the team. He is really resistant to a lot of types, although it?s only weakness is Dragon. It?ll start with Raindance, helping out the rest of the team, but also to boost it?s Speed a lot. This makes him quite the fighter. After attacking a lot of times, it?ll rest up, and continue to attack. + Special Defence to make it a bit tougher to handle.ok.

Ludicolo
Nature: Bold (+Def - Atck)
Ability: Rain Dish
Attacks: Gigadrain, Icebeam, Leechseed, Raindance
Explanation:
My annoyer and vampire of the team. Just Raindance, yet again to help the team. Then Leechseed the opponent making it recover even more HP, then I?ll just Gigadrain the opponent. Icebeam again Grass types and stuff.ok.

Swampert
Ability: Torrent
Attacks: Earthquake, Rockslide, Curse, Rest
Explanation:
My electric fighter. Curse to power up. It can learn Rockslide in Fire Red and Leaf Green by using the Move tutor, so it pretty owns along with Earthquake. After cursing and attacking, Rest up, and it?s ready to go.if it works with rockslide, ok.

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Attacks: Earthquake, Taunt, Dragon Dance, Flail/HP-Bug
Function: VS Ground
Explanation:
It?s pretty good. It also lowers my Grass weakness in the team as well as the Ground weakness. Dragon Dance to power up. Taunt against Hazers , which may come in handy, because it can't Haze the Dragon dances away. He works very well with Lanturn, because most people want to use an Electric move against this guy, so I quickly switch to Lanturn while the opponent wants use Thunderbolt. This may recover a lot of HP. I already bred the guy and to my surprise, he has the HP-Bug. From what I know Bug is attack based, so it might really work out against Psychics, Dark's and Grasses, whom he has trouble with if he go's with Flail. So this guy can be my Psychic/Dark/Grass battling Poke. hp-flying>hp-bug/flail. double-stab=owns people.

Tentacruel
Nature: Modest (+ Spcl Atck - Atck)
Ability: Clear Body
Attacks: Surf, Icebeam, Barrier, Rest
Function: VS Grass
Explanation:
This guy is pretty good because it also lowers the Grass weakness in my team. It powers up with Barrier to protect itself against Ground attacks, Rest up, then go on the offensive with Surf and Icebeam, ripping Grass Pok骯n to shreds.mirrorcoat>rest. that way, barrier up, and they have no where to attack except for specials. you mirrorcoat those specials back and own them. also, toxic>icebeam is an option if you have multiple tms.

So I got 2 Pok骯n that are weak against Electric and 2 that are weak against Grass, so I think that fighting the weakness actually worked out here. :P

decent. it looks as if it could do well maybe in some competitions.

24th April 2004, 04:38 AM
Thanks for teh rate.. but is a bug move attack based or special attack based?

Andrew
24th April 2004, 08:00 AM
I'd personally ditch barrier on Tentacruel.
Bug moves are good old plain attacks.
Gyarados, if you are going to Flail, replace with Return.
Also, I reckon a Starmie could do well in here, you need a Psychic attack, they're generally pretty rad.

But Kudos on the water theme team, I tried playing through Sapphire with one, and got bored at the 6th Gym heh.

24th April 2004, 11:32 AM
I think you might be right, it would really rock if I replace Tentacruel with Starmie.

What moveset do you suggest? I was thinking about this one:

Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
Attacks: Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt/Icebeam/Cosmic Power, Recover
Function: Battler
Explanation:

Common sweeper, although I was thinking of getting Cosmic Power, the bad thing is that it learns it on a high lvl (46 if I wasn't mistaken) but this might inflict some heavy damage on my stats, so is it worth it to learn it Cosmic Power? And what EV should I give the guy? Thx anywayz!

24th April 2004, 05:51 PM
I was actually thinking on not putting Surf on Starmie, because I already have 3 Surfers on my team, besides, it get's STAB from Psychic.

I thought of a moveset like this:

Thunderbolt, Icebeam, Psychic, Recover

Plain and simple, though effective in this team, whatcha think? Opinions please.

Don't Run With Scizors
25th April 2004, 01:27 AM
I had a little obsession with monotype teams on RSbot a couple months back, and my water team of Huntail, Starmie, Pelipper, Ludicolo, Sharpedo, and Lanturn turned to be fairly successful.

Lanturn needs to be a defensive Bold or Calm tank equipped with Rest. Or Amnesia too, for that matter.

Ludicolo needs Protect. And Toxic. And I'm not just saying this because my Ludicolo singlehandedly defeated the last Double Battle trainer in Colosseum (the one with all the legendaries) with Leech Seed sapping their strength and recovering tons of HP between Protects. ^_^;

Tentacruel with Liquid Ooze is an absolute must. Give it a Timid personality as well.

Starmie doesn't necessarily have to be a special sweeper. It would probably suit your team better if it had Reflect and Light Screen for pseudopassing.

Kingdra's okay (except that it really needs a Modest nature), but I find it too... boring. I prefer Sharpedo because it just happens to have a bit more versatility: a STAB'd Crunch and a powerful Earthquake, which can have some pretty nice surprise factor to it. Also, Sharpedo rocked in Colosseum and Battle Tower as well. ;p

25th April 2004, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the rate, but I do have to say that I'm not agreeing with your rate. You got great ideas, but what I tried is to really focus my team against the Grass and Electric weakness.

I also bred the Poke's already, but I like your idea for Ludicolo. His moveset could be something like this:

Gigadrain/Icebeam, Toxic, Protect, Leechseed

And Starmie something like this:

Psychic, Icebeam, Lightscreen, Recover

That would do the trick. Icebeam really to fight the grass weakness in my team..