PDA

View Full Version : Halo

PhatZapdos
23rd April 2004, 08:22 PM
Dont flame me for u xbox/microsoft haters out ther >_< , im not here to start trouble....

anyway, are there any halo fans in here? if u dont know, halo is a 1st person shooter made for xbox and pc. tis my favorite game, and i am quite good at it :sweat2:

any other fans?

Razola
23rd April 2004, 09:33 PM
Halo was good for its time, but it is starting to develop Counterstrike sydrome. As in people who play it so much they ignore recent releases that are good or even better.

Take the guys next to my room. There's at least one person in there playing Halo at all times. I feel sorry for the X-Box.

Oh, and in before The Muffin Man, yo.

PhatZapdos
23rd April 2004, 10:25 PM
actually, halo has more hype now than ever, with both local and national tournaments, and host to thousands of lan parties sicne its release. tho im quite sick of counter strike (very sick of it....) i have gotten into professional play, and have been to quite a few tournaments myself. playing it single player and such, does get boring, but i have found lanning with other ppl, and meating others nation wide, some of the greater aspects of the game. this ahs also been the 1st console game to create so much of a hype.

Razola
23rd April 2004, 10:37 PM
GTA 3 and Vice City have gotten tons more hype and media coverage than Halo could ever hope to garner.

PNT510
23rd April 2004, 11:32 PM
I think Halo is hands down the best game to come out this Generation. It's the only game I have that everyone always wants to play. I have pretty much stopped playing single player, but Multiplayer is just so much fun. There are like a billion different types of games you can create. I can't wait for the second one.

Craig
23rd April 2004, 11:50 PM
I love the multiplayer because well, the vehicles..the weapons..the everything :) I have ..non legit halo, on the computer so I have to host my games (cracked servers are hard to find) and some people join..

funny story. We're playing, the last game the other guy won.. one of his guild mates finds him

"HSR-Beowulf: What you doin in here?"
"HSR-Red: Just ownin.."
"HSR-Beowulf: lol!"
"Or: o.o"

Then, over the next 3 minutes me killing each of them about 14 times and getting killing sprees and such

"Ankh ran over HSR-Red in a Warthog"
"HSR-Red: OMG N00B"

lol :D

I <3 halo. Especially after seeing red vs blue

Razola
24th April 2004, 12:08 AM
To be honest, Halo was good, but not great. I've enjoyed Unreal Tournament 2004 much more than I ever did with Halo.

PNT510
24th April 2004, 12:42 AM
I personlly don't like FPS on PC. So as far as I am consirned Halo > UT2004 by default.

PhatZapdos
24th April 2004, 01:12 AM
halo is a very fun and rewarding game, i prefer the xbox > the pc for various reasons. i play online via xbconnect, and i attend local and national tournaments. i enjoy screwing aroung with the gametypes, and it is even better with a mod chip. by the time halo 2 comes out, i hope to dominate on xbo live as i do now LAN. tho it is 1 of the best, GTA is nothing near halo. tho it was only about 3 minutes >=P, a past national tournament (nationals PN if im not mistaken) was aired on espn. future tournaments are being planned to air on neckelodeon and perhaps mtv. halo has exploded into 1 of the best games ever over the past 3 years, by the time halo 2 is released, bungie can rest easy that they hold a landmark in video game history.

haalo > all

Lezta
24th April 2004, 01:53 AM
I love Halo simply because I can play it with my mate Jim and co-operative is a blast. I get the feeling that it is purely the fact it has a decent co-op mode that makes it good though. I base this on the fact that when I play it on my own I get bored.

Razola
24th April 2004, 01:53 AM
Ack, I'm blinded by your fanboyism.

GTA 3 has had more media coverage than Halo ever will. Look at the news reports and constant government whining about it's content. Halo will never top it in that arena. GTA 3 is known by many people even outside of gaming.

Halo followed in Goldeneye's foot steps by refining the control scheme for a FPS on consoles. The PC version is superiors in every way to X-Box Halo. Online support, controls, graphics, you name it the PC version did it better. As a port of a two-year old console title should.

It is good, but Halo wouldn't even crack my top 10 list of favorite games.

PhatZapdos
24th April 2004, 12:17 PM
no fanboy-ism. i would like to start out by saying that halo-x HAS online support :\ .....anywho, GTA 3 was released as a completely diffrent game than halo was. It was meant to cause controversy and get all all the parents afraid of its evil gameplay >=P. yes GTA has gotten media cover and such, but for the gap between vice city, and this upcoming san andreas, i havent seen GTA anywhere, it seemed to have been forgotten. Halo has slowly been creeping up, and is bigger now than it ever was, combined with the anticipation of halo 2, it is constantly being mentioned, "new halo 2 screenshot here!!, more halo 2 news!!!" on every gaming site/board that i have seen. with up-coming TV time for future tournaments, GTA should watch its back. dont get me wrong, i love the GTA series, but after i completed vice city (3 times actually -_- ), i had nowhereto go. GTA is a great game, but has limited playability. going around the same city over and over does get boring =/, even if u beat it %100. as for halo, it was made to take gaming to the next level. as i have stated before, i have met a lot of ppl nation-wide who play halo, we have lanned, gone ot tourny's, and have had a great time. same goes for halo-pc. i only prefer the xbox > pc because without a good video-card, ur not getting ANY graphics out of it. and with support of a mod chip, u can do just as much, maybe even more to the xbox version.

Razola
24th April 2004, 12:24 PM
no fanboy-ism.
I'm wary, but let's continue.

i would like to start out by saying that halo-x HAS online support :\
It's not X-Box Live support, and therefore has little hope of beating official PC online support.

.....anywho, GTA 3 was released as a completely diffrent game than halo was. It was meant to cause controversy and get all all the parents afraid of its evil gameplay >=P. yes GTA has gotten media cover and such, but for the gap between vice city, and this upcoming san andreas, i havent seen GTA anywhere, it seemed to have been forgotten.
That is because San Adreas is in development, and not ready for public viewing. Halo 2, however, was supposed to be out last winter, and thus has many screens and information. It should also be noted that this is X-Box do-or-die game, and you can bet Microsoft will hype the hell outta it.

as for halo, it was made to take gaming to the next level.
It did nothing incredibly innovated. It was good game, perhaps even great, but it was not the end-all of the FPS genre. Splinter Cell 2 has innovated more in the FPS genre.

as i have stated before, i have met a lot of ppl nation-wide who play halo, we have lanned, gone ot tourny's, and have had a great time. same goes for halo-pc. i only prefer the xbox > pc because without a good video-card, ur not getting ANY graphics out of it. and with support of a mod chip, u can do just as much, maybe even more to the xbox version.
I enjoy WASD + mouse way too much. I suck at X-Box Halo, but I can do a decent job on the PC.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Halo, but not as vehemently as you. Looking forward to Halo 2. I think Bungie and Microsoft are going to make sure it'll be pure excellence.

PhatZapdos
24th April 2004, 02:16 PM
It's not X-Box Live support, and therefore has little hope of beating official PC online support.

www.xbconnect.com or gamespy halo does have online support.

3 yers old, halo still holds the title as 1 of the best FPS, even gaems that came out after, still cannot compare, i didnt really enjoy SC2 very much =\
but anywho, i am quite terrible at halo pc >=P, and i have a terrible video card, so the graphics are worthless. perhaps i am being a little fanboyish :eek: but o well, i love halo, and i rest assured i will be 1 of the best u will play on it. cant wait till halo 2.

Razola
24th April 2004, 03:21 PM
I had way more fun playing Onslaught in Unreall 2K4 than I did in Halo. Matter of taste, I suppose.

PhatZapdos
25th April 2004, 12:25 AM
yep, ur not the 1st ive seen that wasnt crazy about halo. however most of those ppl are ussually microsoft/bill gates haters -_-; which i think is annoying. anywho, i still play the original UT (demo actually :nut: ) and i enjoy it.

Kairyu-kun
25th April 2004, 10:57 PM
Dont flame me for u xbox/microsoft haters out ther >_< , im not here to start trouble....

anyway, are there any halo fans in here? if u dont know, halo is a 1st person shooter made for xbox and pc. tis my favorite game, and i am quite good at it :sweat2:

any other fans?
Fan boy? I wouldn't go that far but I do play lots of Halo, at least enough to play at a national tournemant once, lol. How good am I exactly? Umm well, I can run around with a sniper rifle and shoot players in the head without zooming.. >.>
Oh, I also play with the PC version. I don't find it all that great compared to the xbox version but the shear comdy factor on the PC version is too much at times XD.

Ah well, all in all Halo is still a good shooter to play around with. And with its LAN capabilities, its a party game like no other. Ok.. now where's Halo 2?

PNT510
25th April 2004, 11:02 PM
Halo 2 will be out sometime in the fall.

freshmex
26th April 2004, 01:42 AM
I had way more fun playing Onslaught in Unreall 2K4 than I did in Halo. Matter of taste, I suppose.

Halo is three years old. UT2K4 is two monthes old, doesnt it look like UT2k4 bit off of halos vehicle system just a little bit? They took the best parts of halo and improved on it, so its obviously gonna be better. Stop repeating the same **** over and over again. Halo kicks ass, i love you pnt510 :)

Razola
26th April 2004, 04:10 AM
Stop repeating the same **** over and over again.
Give me concrete proof I was repeating myself in the first place.

Oh, and vechicles are only in Onslaught and certains Assault maps. And Unreal still has dethmatch, ctf, bobming run, double domination, and the 50 other modes. And guess who's engine came out first? Yep. Looks more like Unreal just added vehicles to their engine. The two games are pretty damn different in terms of gameplay.

PhatZapdos
26th April 2004, 07:31 PM
UT is a a legendary game all in its own, it is unique, and the geniuses that made it do every game with its own "special" touch.

I wouldn't go that far but I do play lots of Halo, at least enough to play at a national tournemant once, lol.

whered u go?

Kairyu-kun
26th April 2004, 07:45 PM
whered u go?
The tournament was held in Philadelphia, at the downtown Marriott hotel. lol, it was great fun but me and the team didn't place too high, the competition was indeed vicious.

PhatZapdos
26th April 2004, 07:50 PM
The tournament was held in Philadelphia, at the downtown Marriott hotel. lol, it was great fun but me and the team didn't place too high, the competition was indeed vicious.

u were at the MLG nationals =D, what team were u on, and who did u lose to?
i lan with TsK quite a bit (not sure if they were there), and i play with some of StK strangepurple on occasion, and i play with war online a lot. i was planning on going, but i couldnt get a team in time. i play with a lot of the dudes that have placed top 10 in the comp, and from what i hear it was a very fun competition, wish i could have gone. the ogres tore up the FFA's, and,.....god i wish i went >_< anywho, which team did u play 4?

Kairyu-kun
27th April 2004, 12:55 AM
u were at the MLG nationals =D, what team were u on, and who did u lose to?
i lan with TsK quite a bit (not sure if they were there), and i play with some of StK strangepurple on occasion, and i play with war online a lot. i was planning on going, but i couldnt get a team in time. i play with a lot of the dudes that have placed top 10 in the comp, and from what i hear it was a very fun competition, wish i could have gone. the ogres tore up the FFA's, and,.....god i wish i went >_< anywho, which team did u play 4?
Oh you know the Ogres? lol! They tore everyone up! *feels sorry for darkman* My team was nothing compared to the top teams there, none of us didn't even place in the top 16 >_<. Oh and strangepurple's team, me and the team got to face them a few times, just for fun.
Btw, my team was the Hawaiian Hellcats. Hopefully, we'll make another appearance when Halo 2 is established. And don't worry, we've already improved quite a bit since the tournament. hehe..

PhatZapdos
27th April 2004, 01:40 PM
JzT hopes to make its nationals debut at MLG, i LAN with some of the best in the country, aand i hope i can get myself a good team so that we can do some damage. i LAN with TsK a lot who made teh final 8, also with strangepurple, Red alert, epiphany and a lot of others. if u decide to go to georgia, perhaps we can face eachother ;) i know im able to make the final 16, with a good amount of practice, we can get it.

bah, i finished talkin with my boy who was at the tourny, he played with RoS Fantastik 4 and they made it to 9th place, he tells me that he playd wit u =D

shazza
15th May 2004, 03:24 AM
Halo kicks ass. I still play multiplayer quite frequently, and love it. It is my favourite game. :lemon:

The Muffin Man
15th May 2004, 10:32 AM
yep, ur not the 1st ive seen that wasnt crazy about halo. however most of those ppl are ussually microsoft/bill gates haters -_-; which i think is annoying. anywho, i still play the original UT (demo actually :nut: ) and i enjoy it.

Yes because Halos mediocrity means we hate Microsoft. That's exactly right. Thanks for blowing the roof off that scam.

Look, Halo didn't do anything but set the standard for XBox FPS. That's not a huge deal. The first FPS is bound to do that...(well first big one. I dunno if TS2 was out first or not...don't think so)

And don't go calling me anti-XBox. Especially not when Knights of the Old Republic is quite possibly one of the finest damn games of our time.

EDIT - Oh, and if you look in Mikeys thread, Halo 2 is going to be released on November 9th. Let's just hope there's no more year long setbacks.

PhatZapdos
15th May 2004, 11:01 AM
the majority of ppl that "I" have foudn that dont like halo/xbox, are microsoft and bill gates haters =\ o well, not all are i guess :P

like i said, it depends on how u look at and experience the game. im not gonna try to swing u to love halo, cuz i honestly dont care for that. there are enough ppl that would agree halo is 1 of the best ever made.

freshmex
25th June 2004, 09:21 PM
:lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::