PDA

View Full Version : [p]Stupid Budget Cuts

phaedrus
24th April 2004, 11:34 AM
This poll is preceded by a true story:

My friend is involved in a jazz ensemble. One day, they were played a song (St. Thomas' if I remember rightly), and their drummer's hi-hat broke (or the stand). The whole ensemble froze. Their conductor said two words: "Budget cuts."

Hence, the poll:

1. Has your school/university/college recieved budget cuts?
2. Which class(es) that you are taking that have been hit hardest?
3. How?
4. If you could change what would be cut, what areas would go under the blade for a budget cut?
5. Is your school/university/college going to suffer more cuts?

*RANDOM* Overdone yet undercooked: Can YOU play a guitar? If so, do YOU have one? If so, who made it?

1. Yep. Plenty.
2. Music classes the most.
3. We can't afford crap, it's hard to get the money to restore instruments, etc.
4. Definetly science or math because I get the worst grades there.
5. Approximately 1-2 million more i think. Maybe 3 million. Really sucks for the music department.

*RANDOM: Yes I can. Yes I have two. Seagull made my acoustic, Fender made me Telecaster =)

boohoo music is suffering from those ********************* budget cuts. ='(

RedStarWarrior
24th April 2004, 11:39 AM
*shrugs* Probably.

All of my classes seem up to par.

3. How?
N/A.

4. If you could change what would be cut, what areas would go under the blade for a budget cut?
Heh...I think that I would have those bastards at the Dental School get a cut.

*shrugs* I don't know.

*RANDOM* Overdone yet undercooked: Can YOU play a guitar? If so, do YOU have one? If so, who made it?
Somewhat, no, and N/A.

MarshmallowEgg
24th April 2004, 12:01 PM
1. Has your school/university/college recieved budget cuts? - Yep.
2. Which class(es) that you are taking that have been hit hardest? - Music classes, of course. It pisses me off. Apparently music isn't important.
3. How? - We don't have as much money as we did to repair things and the like, which is bad because most of our percussionists are freshman and are always messing around/breaking stuff.
4. If you could change what would be cut, what areas would go under the blade for a budget cut? - Math. English. History. Something unimportant.
5. Is your school/university/college going to suffer more cuts? - I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised.

*RANDOM* Overdone yet undercooked: Can YOU play a guitar? If so, do YOU have one? If so, who made it? - Nope. Guitar is the one of the few instruments I CAN'T play and have no desire to learn. I'm good with my flute and saxophone, and the other assorted wind instruments I'd like to learn.

Silver Ledian
24th April 2004, 12:28 PM
1. Has your school/university/college recieved budget cuts?[/b]
Yep, clearly.

Without a doubt, Art.

3. How?
Well, let's say that we are totally out of stock and that's no joke. The paint they gave us - one tub of each colour - had to last us the whole year and it went done like after Christmas. There are also no pencils, paintbrushes, oil pastels and it is getting to the point now where paper stocks are low. I've had to buy some of my own equipment it's that bad. Our Art teachers complain about it but the school won't listen - so it's up to parents to complain.

Definately Science. The Science Department in our school gets absolutely everything and it's not like stocks are low or equipment is out of date. The school doesn't realise that art materials are used up, whereas Bunsen Burners and Tripods last forever. :sweat:

No because our school's quite well off, it just doesn't split money evenly at all. What's more ironic is loads of students do subjects which are given the lower budgets. Ugh.

*RANDOM* Overdone yet undercooked: Can YOU play a guitar? If so, do YOU have one? If so, who made it.
No, I'm in a phase where I hate guitars.

abunaidesu
24th April 2004, 02:53 PM
1 - Pretty much most of the schools in California have.
2 - There weren't much Elective classes to choose from this year. (Such as Video Production, Computer classes, etc.. We have to take one year of them to graduate).
3 - Err they don't have enough money to pay all the teachers? ;x Many teachers were also cut this year.
4 - Math because it's useless. I mean what the **** is Advanced Algebra going to do for you after High School?
5 - Possibly.
6 - No but my friend does.

suzie
24th April 2004, 04:28 PM
yes, its terrible

well they made it so you have to pay like $300 for each sport you play, and they charge $180 per kid to ride the bus so thankfully they havent cut any of my classes. they got rid of the autos/woodship classes and i heard next year theyre cutting ap calculus :/

3. How?
errm ^

id cut art/music (hahah sorry, pointless to me)

most likely, but im gone june 6th

nah