PDA

View Full Version : Ash in Houen

Cheens
28th January 2003, 04:02 PM
Ino in the end he'll probably make it to the semis or sumthin or even win the championship but you have to wonder how he is going to fare against the new r/s pokemon. especially since he has only got pikachu, taillow and treeko so far. it will be good to see him get some of the new houen pokemon but the new league looks the toughest so far. its got a lot of interesting and useful pokemon and some of the strongest as well.

Zak
28th January 2003, 04:11 PM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again..... REMEMBER to put a SPOILER tag next time, please. Thank you.

~Zak

Cheens
28th January 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Zak
I've said it once, and I'll say it again..... REMEMBER to put a SPOILER tag next time, please. Thank you.

~Zak

I wasn't looking to get any spoilers posted here, just asking how he is going to manage when a lot of the pokemon are tougher than in previous leagues. his team of first level pokemon has managed to last before but with the Houen League are they going to be strong enough? Ino its possible someone may post a spoiler or two but theres not been any updates of any of the three getting new pokemon and as the pokemon community is down doing improvements i thought it would be a while yet till we recieve any new news.

Hanada Tattsu
28th January 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Cheens
I wasn't looking to get any spoilers posted here, just asking how he is going to manage when a lot of the pokemon are tougher than in previous leagues. his team of first level pokemon has managed to last before but with the Houen League are they going to be strong enough? Ino its possible someone may post a spoiler or two but theres not been any updates of any of the three getting new pokemon and as the pokemon community is down doing improvements i thought it would be a while yet till we recieve any new news.

What do you mean 'no spoilers'?

You said in your first post that Satoshi gets Pikachu, Subame, and Kimori. Some people either don't know about Satoshi getting those Pokemon or they don't want to be spoiled.

Anyway, to answer your question, he might have to get some evolved forms in order to beat the league easily, but other than that, I think he'll do all right. His Pokemon are trained well, so other than a few losses, he'll do fine.

T M Pikachu
28th January 2003, 06:05 PM
Hey people! Did you forget about Tauros, Muk, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, Totodile, and the others? Do they sound familiar? Yeah Ash's orginal Pokemon.

Yeah that's at Oak's. Meaning he could easily break with his thoughts and get some to use for the Houen championships. By then Subame and Kimori could be really strong and Ash could get some his orginal Pokemon back and Ash could catch more Pokemon and evolve some.

So I think Ash shouldn't have that much of a problem getting to the top four this time at least. Ash basically starts fresh each time and he's been doing fine. He may not place first but at least he didn't lose early on.

Cheens
28th January 2003, 06:34 PM
ino he's got plenty at oak's lab but i dont want the writers to just keep going back to them, this time round what i'm saying is i think he's going to need more than one pokemon in his group to evolve and that with the league looking interesting i hope we see him become a stronger trainer through having a more evolved team. We've seen him with all the cute pokemon for long enough, he's got a more experienced and more mature look about him this time round so lets see him take the next logical step in becoming a master and get a more evolved team.

Zak
28th January 2003, 07:15 PM
Cheens, if a topic contains any information on future events, it **NEEDS** a spoiler warning, no ifs, ands, or buts. Doesn't matter if its not something new to those who read spoilers... but, if a topic contains ANY info on future events, it needs a spoiler warning. Some people don't wanna know that Ash gets Treecko and Taillow.... If I let this topic stay without a spoiler warning, people who wanna have the fun of watching the episode would read it, and would be dissapointed. They wouldnt have wanted to know Ash gets Treecko and Taillow.

Let this be a reminder from now on.

~Zak

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th January 2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cheens
I wasn't looking to get any spoilers posted here, just asking how he is going to manage when a lot of the pokemon are tougher than in previous leagues. his team of first level pokemon has managed to last before but with the Houen League are they going to be strong enough?
Well they may be first level evolutions but like most all of Ash's other Pokemon they are far from inexperienced or weak. *SPOILER* Subame was the leader of its flock from what I heard and it was indicated that Treeko had fought to protect it's tree for some years.

I certainly think things will be tough for him, what with the sheer size and power of so many Hoenn Pokemon, but Pikachu's high level of experience should help (it defeated Subame and later Treeko) and I'm almost certain that Treeko will evolve as in its current form it can't use it's trademark move Leaf Blade, and Ash has never been without a cutting Grass type for long.

I do wonder though if he will often be using his Pokemon at Oaks since in the whole opening they only show his "travelling with him" team as being Pikachu, Subame and Treeko while in the past the openings usually showed just about every Pokemon Ash would catch that season. If he doesn't catch more than Treeko and Subame for some time than he'll have to send for the others at least occasionally, I mean he's always had a Water and Fire type with him.

Hanada Tattsu
29th January 2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Well they may be first level evolutions but like most all of Ash's other Pokemon they are far from inexperienced or weak. *SPOILER* Subame was the leader of its flock from what I heard and it was indicated that Treeko had fought to protect it's tree for some years.

I certainly think things will be tough for him, what with the sheer size and power of so many Hoenn Pokemon, but Pikachu's high level of experience should help (it defeated Subame and later Treeko) and I'm almost certain that Treeko will evolve as in its current form it can't use it's trademark move Leaf Blade, and Ash has never been without a cutting Grass type for long.

I do wonder though if he will often be using his Pokemon at Oaks since in the whole opening they only show his "travelling with him" team as being Pikachu, Subame and Treeko while in the past the openings usually showed just about every Pokemon Ash would catch that season. If he doesn't catch more than Treeko and Subame for some time than he'll have to send for the others at least occasionally, I mean he's always had a Water and Fire type with him.

I always thought that Ash was gonna be acting like Gary this season. While training his stationairy Pokemon, which are Pikachu, Taillow, and Treecko, he will also be training the ones at Oak's lab (such as Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Noctowl, etc.) and just give them experience as well.

However, I think the writers will just have him catch new ones anyway.

pikasaiyan
30th January 2003, 02:40 PM
well although ash's pokemon will be at oaks, i still think that they are going to get training in. I mean snorlax got a lot stronger there and it even made krabby evolve in his first battle by staying there a while, not to mention how strong tauros and his other pokemon got. I think that when ash does withdraw them they have a greater chance of evolving, but i guess that we will have to wait and see.

pokemonm
30th January 2003, 06:52 PM
ash is pokemon is also a peace keeper it also help there levels

Darth J.
23rd February 2003, 07:21 AM
I really hope that before the Hoenn League, Ash changes some of his Pokémon and first train them a bit.
That would be nice and it would show that he has changed as a trainer also ...