PDA

View Full Version : Pokerus?

Arnen
24th April 2004, 02:33 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Pokerus? All my Pokemon in Ruby have been infected with it, save one I never use. Does anyone know what it does? Can it wreck my game?

andyizcool
24th April 2004, 02:40 PM
It's a good thing that lasts on your Pokemon 2-3 Days. It can last forever on a Pokemon if you store it in your box. Pokerus will make the Pokemon that have it gain Double EVs from battles so EV Training becomes much easier. I suggest you keep one or two Pokemon with it in a box so you can always have it for EV Training later.

Number1ChanseyFan
24th April 2004, 02:47 PM
If a Pokémon is infected with the PokéRus, it will earn double EVs after a battle. The Macho Brace does the same thing, but the Pokérus doesn't cut your Pokémon's speed in half like the Macho Brace does. (The Macho Brace doesn't permanently cut your Pokémon's speed, it only cuts it while it is holding the Macho Brace.) The Pokérus can also be combined with the Macho Brace. If you give a Pokémon infected with the Pokérus that Macho Brace, it will earn 4x the EVs that it usually would. After a couple of days, the Pokérus will go away The Pokémon that were already infected with Pokérus will have a small black dot appear between the Ball that was used to catch it and their Level on the status screen. Pokémon with the black dot cannot be infected again. However, there is a way to keep the Pokérus. Simply take a Pokémon that you don't plan on training or using for awhile, and infect it with the Pokérus. Put it in a box in the PC, and keep it in there until you need it. It won't infect the other Pokémon in the PC box, but the Pokérus won't leave the boxed Pokémon either. Whenever there is a Pokémon that you want to infect with the Pokérus, bring out your boxed Pokérus Pokémon, and infect the new Pokémon. Once you do that, put it back in the box. Just to be same, you can infect a couple of Pokémon that you don't plan on using for anything other than infecting other Pokémon, just to make sure that you don't lose the Pokérus. So don't worry, the Pokérus is a very good thing!!

EDIT: andyizcool beat my reply!! :)

Arnen
24th April 2004, 02:52 PM
Oh... I was wondering why my Manectric's speed was already 96 at level 36 XD

andyizcool
24th April 2004, 03:57 PM
Oh... I was wondering why my Manectric's speed was already 96 at level 36 XD
Manectric has a High Base Stat in Speed because it's an Electric Pokemon. It could also be because he's collected Speed EVs.

Poryhedron
24th April 2004, 05:47 PM
By the way, I don't think this has been mentioned yet...when a pokémon is infected, it will get double EVs forever (well, until it reaches its maximum EV count. Pokémon can only have so many Effort Points.) When the Pokérus "goes away", the pokémon will still be getting double EVs. It just won't be able to infect other pokémon ever again.