Sir Gluggo
25th April 2004, 12:43 PM
Ninjask@???
+Speed, -SpA

Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Slash
Silver Wind

I start off Baton Passing a Swords Dance (and Speed Boost from ability) to one of my sweepers, T-Tar or Gyarados. The last two moves are just fillers.

T-Tar@Leftovers/Shell Bell
+Atk, -Speed

Earth Quake
Crunch
Rock Slide
Surf/Ice Beam/Flamethrower/T-Bolt

Get the swords dance from Ninjask and Simply sweep. I'm not sure about the last move though.

Gyarados@???
+Atk, -Def

Dragon Dance/Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Earth Quake
Surf

+Atk, -Def nature because Gyarados has no Physical weaknesses IIRC, and I don't want to drop any other stats. Get the swords dance from Ninjask, Sweep with Earth Quake, Ice Beam Flyers.

Blaziken@Salac Berry
+Speed, -SpD

Endure
Reversal
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut

-SpD because I'm hoping for him to get Ko'd easily, but hang on with Endure. Then just Reversal Everyone. The last two moves are just fillers.

Wobbuffet@???
+SpD/Def, -Atk/Def

Counter
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond
Encore

I'm using Wobbuffet simply because he's fun.

Magneton@???
+SpA, -???

Lock On
Zap Cannon
Tri Attack
T-Bolt/Screech

I would use Ampharos, but I find it has a very limited movepool.

There's my team!

Soneko
25th April 2004, 11:21 PM
Ninjask@???
+Speed, -SpA

Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Slash
Silver Wind

I start off Baton Passing a Swords Dance (and Speed Boost from ability) to one of my sweepers, T-Tar or Gyarados. The last two moves are just fillers.

T-Tar@Leftovers/Shell Bell
+Atk, -Speed

Earth Quake
Crunch
Rock Slide
Surf/Ice Beam/Flamethrower/T-Bolt

Get the swords dance from Ninjask and Simply sweep. I'm not sure about the last move though.
Flamethrower or Fire Blast. I'd go with Flamethrower. It covers his grass weakness, and is better then thunderbolt. o_O

Gyarados@???
+Atk, -Def

Dragon Dance/Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Earth Quake
Surf

+Atk, -Def nature because Gyarados has no Physical weaknesses IIRC, and I don't want to drop any other stats. Get the swords dance from Ninjask, Sweep with Earth Quake, Ice Beam Flyers.
Gyarados special SUCKS. Switch Ice Beam for HP Flying, for STAB. Switch Surf for Hydro Pump. Btw, why is Rain Dance an option?

Blaziken@Salac Berry
+Speed, -SpD

Endure
Reversal
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut

-SpD because I'm hoping for him to get Ko'd easily, but hang on with Endure. Then just Reversal Everyone. The last two moves are just fillers.

Wobbuffet@???
+SpD/Def, -Atk/Def

Counter
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond
Encore

I'm using Wobbuffet simply because he's fun.
Wobbuffet needs Safeguard or he'll die fast. I think it should replace Encore, since he isnt fast enough to know what move he's encoring.

Magneton@???
+SpA, -???

Lock On
Zap Cannon
Tri Attack
T-Bolt/Screech

I would use Ampharos, but I find it has a very limited movepool.
You lock on, the opponent switches, zap cannon misses. Thunderwave, and Metal Sound.

There's my team!

Eh.. Im not the best, but thats what I think.

Sir Gluggo
26th April 2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks for rating.

Gyarados special SUCKS. Switch Ice Beam for HP Flying, for STAB. Switch Surf for Hydro Pump. Btw, why is Rain Dance an option?

Rain Dance was to boost Gyarados's terrible special attack. I don't have access to HP moves as this is an in-game team, not for the bots.

Once again, thanks for your help. ^_^

Rabid_Cow
26th April 2004, 06:02 PM
Protect > Slash w/this guy. Just another turn for a speed boost. It's perfect.

T-Tar is huge, but if you EVER wanted to make another team that doesn't use a Ninjask go w/this set:

T-Tar @Shelly Belly
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Dance

DD for boosted Atk. and Spd. then Sweep like crazy! Crunch stays for STAB, and AA is for fighters. Earthquake isn't even in question.

Gyrados is the spittin' image of a not so Uber T-Tar. Go w/a physical sweep set.

Gyrados @Anything
-Earthquake
-HP (flyin)
-Facade/Return
-Dragon Dance

Facade is there IMO cause mine tends to get poisoned. He's not a good water pokemon AT ALL. Do not use him for that, he's meant to be a physical sweeper cause of his high speed and high attack. Use him for what he's good for. Trust me on this one. Hidden Power IS available, you're just LAZY. go catch a magicarp and teach it HP. Find a Kecleon or find it's type through elimination. You'll be glad you did! The whole Rain Dance thing is NOT a good idea at all. It's a magnet for THUNDER being a flyin/water pokemon as is, not to mention that you're making it rain! If you want a Special Sweepin Water Pokemon go w/something like Ludy (my fav) or Milotic. Nuff said.

Blaziken doesn't need the +spd nature. Give him +Atk. Salac Berry should take care of his speed problem, and just give him +Spd, +Atk EV trainin' and you should be fine. I use one like this:

Blaziken @Salac
-Overheat
-Facade
-Endure
-Reversal

I use mine w/a partner that can EQuake him so I don't have to worry too much about the hopin to get KO'd part. Facade is nice on this guy cause if you're poisoned you don't want to even try the Endure + Reversal combo here.

Wobbuffet needs Safeguard > Destiny Bond. He's too slow to use it. It's meant for fast psychics like Gardy.

Oh this guy sucks. Here we go:

Magneton @anything
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (water)
-Rain Dance

No Metal Sound here. 2 Thunders or HP should do more damage to an opponent than a Metal Sound + a Thunder. You have to do the Hidden Power thing here man, it's a must have for him. His 2X weakness to Ground demands it! EV's in Sp. Atk. and Speed.

Hidden Power TM's can be purchased in Slateport. (the middle green tent on the right side!)

Hope this was of some help!

Poryhedron
26th April 2004, 06:58 PM
Quick note: Hidden Power is one of those TMs that's so easy to use that any species capable of using TMs at all can use it...but Magikarp is so lame and pathetic that it can't use any TMs, including the Hidden Power TM. That means you'll have to raise it to level 20 = evolve before you can teach it Hidden Power and find out if it's Flying.
By the way, a good way to find out if Hidden Power is Flying is to go to Route 112. Find a Machop - they're decently common there - and attack it with Hidden Power. If it's super-effective, you'll know you're packing either Flying or Psychic...then just step into the Firey Path and attack a Poison-type. Either Grimer or Koffing should be common depending on your game version. If it deals standard damage, you've got yourself some Hidden Power-Flying.

Sir Gluggo
28th April 2004, 08:10 PM
I'm going to replace Wobboffet with Gardevoir or Alakazam (whichever's better). I'm also going to put Slaking in Magneton's place. I'd appreciate good movesets for each (Gardevoir/Alakazam needs an electric move)!

Rabid_Cow
28th April 2004, 08:33 PM
I really think that's a touchy subject you just brought up: Whichever's better.....

I don't really have a preference cept I like my Alakazam cause it's fun. There's many ways to go kazam here so I'll show you 3:

Alakazam
-Encore
-Disable
-Psychic
-Recover

I use this one. Disable the move they have to repeat for 3-6 turns. Fun.

Alakazam
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

Triple Puncher. Pretty self explanitory.

Alakazam
-Psychic
-Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch
-Recover
-Calm Mind

I don't like this one as much. I prefer the triple or encore/disabler.

Gardies....I like only one moveset here but that's just me:

Gardevoir
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Destiny Bond

CM as much as you dare then sweep. If gonna die use DB. Give it Salac Berry to raise it's speed in danger.

Slaking is pretty controversial too on which MS is the best, but I like this one:

Slaking
-Hyper Beam (w/truant who cares!)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast

A lot of people like Brick Break > Fire Blast but I find it to be his only defense against a Skarmory. That's just me though.

Hope this helped!

phaedrus
29th April 2004, 08:45 PM
I really think that's a touchy subject you just brought up: Whichever's better.....

I don't really have a preference cept I like my Alakazam cause it's fun. There's many ways to go kazam here so I'll show you 3:

Alakazam
-Encore
-Disable
-Psychic
-Recover

I use this one. Disable the move they have to repeat for 3-6 turns. Fun. risky but it can work.

Alakazam
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

Triple Puncher. Pretty self explanitory. love this set.

Alakazam
-Psychic
-Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch
-Recover
-Calm Mind

I don't like this one as much. I prefer the triple or encore/disabler. it should be doublepunch. 'zam's hp sucks so much it's a waste of a spot to recover.

Gardies....I like only one moveset here but that's just me:

Gardevoir
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Destiny Bond

CM as much as you dare then sweep. If gonna die use DB. Give it Salac Berry to raise it's speed in danger. reflect is an option.

Slaking is pretty controversial too on which MS is the best, but I like this one:

Slaking
-Hyper Beam (w/truant who cares!)
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast

A lot of people like Brick Break > Fire Blast but I find it to be his only defense against a Skarmory. That's just me though. return over hyperbeam if you want to switch out on the loaf turn. i'd say brickbreak>fireblast because slakings attack is like 10x higher and if you plan to use a -sp.atk personality you're wasting fireblast. brickbreak ownes =X

Hope this helped!

just wanted to point out alternatives on those mses. they're fine, yet there are other options to those mses.