PDA

View Full Version : [p] Mental Breakdown....And GROUNDED! *rargh*

phaedrus
26th April 2004, 11:45 AM
yea. i had a mental breakdown last night. all the things that've happened over the last years piled up, and i esploded last night....and i got GROUNDED in the process.

1. have you had a mental breakdown?
2. was it one of those sporatic, random ones or pressure from a long time?
3. how many times?
4. have you ever been grounded?
5. how long?
6. what happened to recieve the exstensive grounding?

1. yes.
2. pressure.
3. 1 major, maybe a couple tiny ones
4. hell yea
5. second-grade till forever! :o
6. long story.....
In the SNES glory days, Super Mario Kart reigned as King in my household. Being an "expert" that I was, I tested out Donkey Kong Jr. I was in a race, and I placed 5th. I got major angry, and I threw my controller down in my rage. Being the parent that he is, he grounded me for life, no video-games on weekdays.

=X

Number1ChanseyFan
26th April 2004, 12:24 PM
1. Nope, I've never had a mental breakdown, just the typical teenager mood swings. :)
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. A couple of times, but that has been a long time ago.
5. Never more than a week, usually just a couple of days.
6. Well, I've never done anything that was all that horrible. I would get grounded for stuff like purposely not doing chores and arguing/talking back/throwing temper tantrums and stuff like that, like most kids do. lol

Silver Ledian
26th April 2004, 12:43 PM
No, I've never had a mental breakdown, although I've let a lot of stuff build up inside me in the past which made me get major depression. Nothing mental, though.
Just the whole pressure thing, random stuff jumbling up inside my head which eventually made me lose it for about half an hour when I finally got it all out of me.
3. how many times?
Just once really.
Yep.
5. how long?
Occasionally when I was younger and misbehaved, can't say it was too often but it happened. I'm a bit old for that now though :p and I haven't even been punished in ages...bit old for that too now, I'm guessing.
Just general misbehaving, talking back to parents cheekily, not doing what I was told etc. etc. Nothing major. But the grounding never lasted the duration my parents tried to impose, how nice of them :p

Kris
26th April 2004, 02:22 PM
3. how many times?
5. how long?

1. Ive had a few tiny ones in the past but I know Im leading to one huge one sometime soon.
2. Its all down to pressure, Ive had a lot on my mind lately and for the last 6 months my life has been getting worse and worse. Most of you know why, but meh.
3. Two so far, but waiting on the next
4. Yeah
5. A few weeks at tops, havent been grounded for a good few years though!
6. The usual, shouting, getting in moods. Etc.....

RedStarWarrior
27th April 2004, 11:57 AM
No.

Well, I haven't had any as stated in 1, but I am probably overdue for the latter.

3. how many times?
N/A

Heh...I don't really get grounded.

5. how long?
N/A

N/A

abunaidesu
27th April 2004, 06:25 PM
1 - No but I know I'll get one soon.
2 - ^
3 - look at the answer above and follow it !~
4 - Asian parents don't ground, they beat(with the hanger :x)
5 - ^
6 - EHEHEHEHEH

en0miz
28th April 2004, 05:34 PM
4 - Asian parents don't ground, they beat(with the hanger :x)

Sort of like black parents, except it's usually a belt or whatever's near by. xD

No.

n/a

3. how many times?
n/a

Hell yeah. I'm being grounded/punishment right now. :)

5. how long?
The current one is supposed to end this month actually. But since it looks like I'm failing Physics again, it will probably be extended til June.

I'm punished for hanging out on Friday nights due to getting a 65 last marking period in Physics. Marking period 2 is finished this friday, and my average in the class curently is a 59. :oh: Anyways, I used to get beat for regular bad things when I was younger, but it wasn't anything dramatic - a few slaps with whatever, I cried, and in 10 minutes I'm casting the evil eye at my mom again. *shrug* Basically everyone I know remembers the time they got their ass whooped from mommy. xD

At 16, I still get in trouble - but now I get punishments instead. My mom enjoys banning me from the internet, tv, phone, and now that I go to a lot more parties than I used to - parties/social gatherings as well. Oh well, in less than 2 years, I'll be in college enjoying freedom.

mr_pikachu
9th May 2004, 05:19 AM

Yeah, but it only lasted TWO YEARS. No joke, either. Talk to my psychologists.

Constant pressure from being ill. I may say what... someday...

3. how many times?

Pretty much just that once... for two years...

Surprisingly, no. Of course, during the infamous two years, I only left the house when forced to, and I didn't have a computer. So yeah.

5. how long?

N/A

Still N/A. But "exstensive" is misspelled; it should be "extensive". ;)