PDA

View Full Version : Help my team please...

MaxPegasus42
26th April 2004, 08:27 PM
Dusclops (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 251 Atk / 26 Def / 137 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp

Stantler (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP / 102 Def / 71 Spd / 88 SAtk / 77 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Sceptile (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed

Octillery (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 6 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Rock Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave

Rapidash (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
- Toxic

Glalie (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Crunch
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse

I am open to suggestions, just please do not suggest anything really over used like Salamence or such... I want to keep Stantler and Octillery as they are as far as movesets, but EV suggestions would be good...

Kari and Mewtwo
26th April 2004, 08:51 PM
clops- i remember him. Didn't really use the focus punch on him that much, bit i guess someone should help you out here.

Stantler- The set itself is fine i guess. Might wanna make it a tank and go with EVs towards HP, Def, and SD only.

Sceptile- same set i use, only with 6 EVs in HP instead of def.

Octillery- I know youre tryng to use it as a ninjask counter, but i personally feel octillery is better as a special attacker:

[21:47:42] <Probationsmack> ninjask is common but there are plenty of reliable counters
[21:47:46] <Kari_Kagome_and_Mewtwo> that i should devote one member specifically for beating the **** out of it?
[21:47:52] <Kari_Kagome_and_Mewtwo> like?
[21:48:02] <Probationsmack> anything with good defense and a way to phaze

There are other things out there.

Rapidash & Glalie: The sets look fine, but I'm not too fond of these pokes that much. Blaziken or Charizard are probably the best fires out there, but you said no overused pokes. As for Glalie, if youre really that desperate for n ice move, then octillery is your best bet, even if it lacks stab.

DaBlackBandit
27th April 2004, 06:32 PM
Dusclops:
Confuse Ray over Focus Punch. If you like Protect, keep it. Or Rest for staying power. And use Chesto Berry

Stantler:
I guess that can work, but I think he would be a better wall. Reflect, Light Screen, Thunderbolt/Psychic, Thunder Wave

Sceptile:
Protect over Leech Seed.

Octillery:
he's ment to be a special sweeper. So drop everything but Thunder Wave. and add Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Surf. Maybe Haze.

Rapidash:
Protect over Toxic

Glalie:
Maybe Spikes for annoyance. Or Earthquake for Fires.

MikeAeroMaster
11th May 2004, 09:33 AM
Hmm...

Dusclops: I see you're making it into a staller with the nature. Protect and Will would be good choices, but Rest may also work. Go with Seismic and possibly Shadow Ball to make sure you don't get raped by ghosts.

Stantler: Calm Mind on him can work. But, use a nature to boost defense, since that's where it's weakness is. Psychic, T-bolt, T-wave the rest of the way.

Sceptile: First off, don't max out that many stats unless you actually plan to use it for Choice Band. Reflect/Light Screen is a must on him. The rest can be any of these moves: Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Hidden Power Water, Crunch, Dragonbreath (annoying par idea)

Octillery: Interesting supriser there. But, you could split and go half/half and make it interesting.

Rapidash: Sub over Toxic. Tis was your idea.

Glalie: Like I said before, maxing out stats is only for Choice Banders. Spikes over Hidden Power.