PDA

View Full Version : Survival ~ The test begins... [PG]

VirtualPlay
26th April 2004, 09:01 PM
Rated PG for mild language I realized I kept putting in. That and other stuff may come up.

Survival
Do or do not...there is no 'try'.
~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

~July 6th, 2004~

The S.S. Harriet, a beautiful luxury ocean liner, is prepared to make its maiden voyage. Currently stationed in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, the ship will soon make its 30-day trip around the Pacific, stopping on a few islands every few days. The ship itself is not very large for an ocean liner, with room for only a couple hundred people. Even still, everything looks like it's shaping up for a perfect cruise. With much celebration, the S.S. Harriet leaves port, planned to return in thirty days.

...but it never does. Not even a day into the cruise, the ship hits an unexpected storm. Unable to steady itself, it runs into a bunch of rocks jutting out of the surface of the ocean, breaching the hull and causing the ship to sink too quickly for people to react. Unable to get the lifeboats and rafts out, countless lives are lost. It seems everyone, crew and passengers, was lost at sea.

Not so; you survive, somehow. You wake up, finding yourself on or in the water around an island. An island seemingly untouched by civilization. As you wander around, you find others on the island, all of them also washed up from the wreckage. Not being alone is definitely a good thing, but you're still stranded on an island that has no other people on it. Can you figure out a way to keep yourselves alive until you're rescued...if you do get rescued at all?

~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

LSUs are closed; thank you for joining.

My sign-up:
~~~~~~~~
Name: Mike Rampart
Appearance: Tall, around 6'2", skinny/lanky, with short brown hair and deep green eyes; wearing dark blue jean shorts, a light gray t-shirt, thick-strap brown leather sandals, with sunglasses and a digital watch on his right wrist (although he's right-handed).
Personality: Very amiable, likes making and keeping friends. Not that good in a tight situation, but otherwise can sometimes be too smart for his own good. Doesn't get angry easily, but when he does get angry, there's a short fuse for quite a while.
History: His parents weren't very supportive of him, and barely noticed him or cared about him when he was around the house; they got rather annoyed when he got a programming job at 16 to support himself and started making more than them.
Reason for going: His parents sent him off to try and get rid of him without losing 'ownership' of him. Little did they know how well the first half of their plan would work...
Relationships: After a little while, he starts to "like" Alicia (if Jenn doesn't mind). Makes good friends with Elexand (If Skullfire doesn't mind).
Bag Contents: This bag with a 'Brick' color stripe (http://www.yakpak.com/product.asp?dept_id=22&pf_id=1157); contains: a now-ruined iBook and charger; a now-ruined CD-player; drenched, unreadable papers; a now-ruined cell phone; wallet with soaked money, ruined receipts, photos, debit card, and a Swiss Army Card (http://www.a-shop.com.au/swisscard/rubinas.jpg).
Other: Knowledgeable in computers, math, and science more than average.

----------

Mike
~~~~~~~~
Finally, out of that freakin' Hell-hole I'm forced to call 'home.' They hate me, they ignore me, but they won't let me move out. Jeez, I'm 18 already, I should be able to get my own house. I have the money, I have the constant income. Damn parents and their claiming me as nothing more than a tax break.

But now I was at least free for a month. 30 days on a boat, 30 days not in Hawaii, 30 days of free reign. Was I going to enjoy this? Heck yes.

I was there fairly early, about an hour before the ship was set to sail. Still, they were taking passengers already, so I got out my ticket and headed towards the gate. I passed by lots of people going to buy their tickets. I passed by someone who was frantically searching his bags, apparently for his already-bought ticket. I passed by lots of people simply there to watch the ship sail off.

"Damn, lotta people," I mumbled to myself, not watching where I was going. Consequently, I ran into someone. "Agh, too cliché for me..." I muttered, regaining my balance to see who I had bumped into.

"Sorry 'bout that," I said to the girl who was there, "You okay?" It wasn't so much of a surprise I ran into her; she was about a foot shorter than me, if not more. She didn't seem to have any bags with her, though.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said, dusting her jeans off and straightening her pink T-shirt. "I guess I wasn't paying attention, I'm too excited that Daddy's ship is finally going off!" Without another word she ran off towards the boat, her brown hair flying behind her.

"Huh," I said, grabbing my bags again. I made it onto the ship, found my room, and immediately set off wandering the place. This was going to be a good month, definitely.

...or so I thought.

~-~-~-~-~

"Get the rafts! The boat's capsizing!"
"Watch out for that pole!"
"Hurry! Get the life preservers out!"
"AAUGH!"

It was mayhem and pandemonium all blended together with insanity. Not even 12 hours after the boat set off it was capsizing. "Forget the rafts, just jump!" someone yelled. I could see why: the boats were tied too tightly to the raft release areas and nobody could get them off.

I watched as probably half of the passengers started diving overboard like lemmings. Deciding not to take that option, I climbed up the ramp the deck had become towards one of the rafts. It looked like it was almost free. But before I could get there, someone with bulging muscles ran up and took a rather large knife and cut away the last rope. Unfortunately, he hadn't been holding onto it when he cut the rope, so it fell down into the water 15 feet below, diving underneath.

"Oh great," we both muttered. Then we saw it come back up and float, inviting us. Without thinking twice the other guy shoved his knife back into his bag and dove over. I hesitated, then figured that possibly hurting myself would be better than flat-out dying. I jumped, but a sudden wave of water came and slapped into me, knocking me unconscious.

~-~-~-~-~

"Ugh..." I murmured. It was hot. And bright. "Dammit, gone to Hell in a handbasket..." I said to myself.

"Not quite," A deep voice said next to me. I rolled over and looked up. Sitting in the sand next to me was the muscle guy who had cut the boat free. "You okay?" he asked.

"I...think so," I said, sitting up. I looked around. We were on a beach, but instead of rows of restaurants and hotels lining the sand, a huge forest greeted us. "Where...?"

"Deserted island, looks like," he said, standing up. I looked to my left and saw my soaking bag.

"Aww, crap...my laptop's gotta be ruined..." Sighing heavily, I stood up as well. I was as tall as him, just a lot skinnier and weaker. "Well, if we're stuck here, we might as well get to know each other. Mike Rampart," I held out my hand.

"Elexand," he said, shaking it. I did a double take.

"Wait, you're Elexand, the guy who just won the heavyweight tourney last month?" He nodded. "I thought you looked familiar...what luck we get stranded on an island."

He chuckled as he looked out at the ocean. "Hey...what's that?" he said, pointing at something greenish floating in the water. It looked like...

"Holy crap, there's a girl floating out there!" I yelled, running out to help. Elexand wasn't far behind. In the next few panicked minutes we managed to get her onto the beach and get her breathing again. She opened her brown eyes and coughed a couple times, shaking her black hair. We helped her sit up and she looked around. "Huh...? Wh...where?"

"Deserted island," Elexand and I said in unison.
~~~~~~~~
Wow, direct interaction with three other characters and indirect mentioning of another character's previous presence. Not bad.

Well, just start from whenever, but make sure you wake up on or near the beach.

HbCharizard
26th April 2004, 11:29 PM
Name: Ark Lancast
Appearance: Attachment, guy on the right.
Personality: He is very shy, especially around people he doesn't know. He's good with computers, but is weak. Wants to learn to be strong though. He eventually opens up to people, but only if he really knows them. So...He ain't gonna open up anytime soon. He is usually calm and collected, and he doesn't give in to pressure easily.
History: TBR
Reason for going: To get some time off before collage.
Relationships: Open, not really looking, him bein so shy and all.
Bag Contents: His now useless Labtop, some instant ramen noodles, and a also useless extra battery.
Other: I'll spare you this time other.

Ark
~~~
I woke up on a sandy beach. I looked up. Saw sky. I tried to remember what happened. I remember being thrown off by a bunch of people, then blacking out. I got up, and checked in my bag.

"Well, No Labtop today..." I said. I took out the contents. My ruined Labtop, a extra battery, and a ramen noodles.

"Well, the ramen ain't gonna do much....unless I find a hotspring full of hot water of course....." I said to my self. At that moment, I looked around.

"Sand, Sand, Sand, Trees, broken pieces of the boat, girl laying on sand, sand, trees....wait a minute.... girl laying on sand!" I said, movin my head to where I saw her. She had brown hair and she looked kinda pale. I went over to her, and tried to wake her up. No avail. Then I remembered to my health classes.....
"....Naw....Please....Damn. Guess I'll have to." I said. I placed my hands relectently on her chest, and started pushing it down. After a while, I was getting worried, She still wasn't breathing. I then slowly started movin my lips towards hers, then, I felt a sharp pain in my left cheek. I doubled over, holding my cheek in pain. She had woken up.

"YOU PERVERT!!" She screamed. I started blushing, and returned to my old, shy self.

"Ehhh...uhh...sorry about that...ummm...You weren't breathing and...." I managed to get out. She went up to me.

"Ohhh...Ok then....uhhh...whats your name? Mine is Jennifer."

"Mines Ark." I replied.

"What kinda name is that?" She asked.

"...I don't know..."

"Anyways, Where are we?" She asked me.

"...I don't know...." I replied again.

"Hmmm...Well, I think we should look for other people...Or atleast set up a shelter." I nodded, and we got up and walked off down the beach to search for people.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Roy Karrde
27th April 2004, 10:30 AM
Name: Jennifer Karrde
Appearance: She has long brown hair that reaches down to her shoulder blades, she has hazel eyes and light skin. Her body is a little less mature for a sixteen year old. She's about 5' 1". She wears a light pink t-shirt that is a little torn up around the mid section from rushing about at the begining. She wears blue jeans, that are frayed around the bottom, and are ripped at the knees.
Personality: She's a little shy around the new group, she doesnt know if she will ever be rescued so she remains depressed with the thought of being stranded on the island forever. When she finally does open up she can be a very sweet and giving person, who will begin to accept that they will never get off the island.
History: Her father, Roy Karrde, worked in construction and ship design, as she grew up she began to gain knowledge on such things, and the inner mechanics of ships. She aspires to be a archetech when she grows up.
Reason for going: She wanted to study the ship, and get some time to relax, she also wanted to get some knowledge on the design to tell her father when she gets back to port.
Relationships: None
Bag Contents: She forgets to grab her bag in all the confusion
Other: (do with it as you will)

Jennifer Karrde
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Blackness, complete darkness, and a fuzzy feeling on the back of my head. That's all I could feel and see, I remembered a ship, and a guy who ran into me. Everything else was fuzzy, but atleast where I was felt nice, like a cool breeze running over my body, it was calm and peaceful, not a care in the world. I was just in utter blackness. Then the pain rushed back into me, something felt like it had knocked me in the back of my head. Something hard.

I moaned and slowly opened my eyes to see, lips? No wait the lips were connected to a guy, he was trying to kiss me! I slapped him as hard as I could, I didnt mean to, but it was just a reflex reaction. "YOU PERVERT" I screamed struggling into a sitting position, how long had I been out? Why was I on a island? and did this guy do anything else to me why I was out?

"Ehhh...uhh...sorry about that...ummm...You weren't breathing and...." He stammered out as I rose to my feet. I finally got a good look at him, he was kindof cute in his own way. I felt really bad for hitting him now, I mean maybe I should have realized he was only trying to help me.

"Ohhh...Ok then....uhhh...whats your name? Mine is Jennifer." I asked walking up to him, my hair felt soaking wet, and I still had a throbing pain in the back of my head, could I be bleeding back there? Or was it just the salt water.

"Mines Ark." He introduced himself, I immediatly blurted out a stupid question, and immediatly regreated it. As it turned out, he had no idea where we were either. Could we be the only two people on this island? Maybe we were.

"Hmmm...Well, I think we should look for other people...Or atleast set up a shelter." He suggested, I nodded and we began to walk along the beach in silence. This seemed like the perfect setting for one of those action movies, could a gang of indians attack any minute? Or maybe a mad scientist owned this island and was creating monsters!

"Hey were near the Hawaian islands right? I mean maybe were on a resort or something and a city could be near by?" I asked, he seemed to shrug. It was a long shot that probley wouldnt work out but I had to keep up hope. I mean we wouldnt be stranded here forever right? Worst yet I was starting to feel that I would need to use the bathroom soon, and I didnt want to explain that to him.

"Hey I'm..really sorry I hit you back there, I didnt mean to" I appologised, running up to catch up with him. Great so we were on a possible deserted island, worst yet, we could be the only people here. I gave this guy the worst first impression possible, and oh yeah I had no idea if I had brain damage from getting knocked in the head back at the boat. This was turning out to be a great day.

Mikey
27th April 2004, 02:22 PM
Name: Marco Candella (Sigh, never gets old)
Appearance: Marco has the typical Italian look. His hair is jet black and spiky, and his skin is a light brown. He always looks high class, weaing expensive htings as his parents are both rich. His eyes are baby blue and he's pretty muscular. He has an averge sized face and is decently tall. He speaks fluent Italian as well. His clothes consist of a baby blue Armani cuffed short sleeve shirt with blue jeans. He also wears a ring around his finger (not wedding ring) and a watch on his wrist. He has the Italian Horn pendant on a neclace around his neck.
Personality: He's the all around party guy. Growing up rich made him somewhat spoiled, but he's a great person to get along with. He's almost never serious, but will do whatever he can to make other's lives easier. He'll speak his mind though, and watch out if you get on his bad side.
History: Marco was born into a rich Italian family in Rome. At the age of 14 he moved to America and spent his high school years there. He knows English perfectly and really doesn't have much of an Italian accent.
Reason for going: He is now in his 3rd year of Med School and is taking a few weeks off for the ocean trip.
Relationships: Alicia's Best Friend (Hope that's ok Jen):) )
Bag Contents: wrist watch, cell phone, a few cereal and milk bars, MP3 player, broken pair of sunglasses, wallet, and a beeper
Other- Skilled in medicine as he's becoming a doctor.

~Marco~
"Where the hell is it?" I roared out loud searching my bag for my ticket. "I know it's here somewhere!" I looked up to see a tall and lanky guy staring at me. "It's right here!" Alicia roared putting the ticket in front of my face. "Ahh, thanks!" I grinned grabbing it from her. "What would you do without me?" She smiled and started up the ladder. Alicia and I had been best friends since I can remember, and she knew me a hell of a lot better than I knew myself. Pity there was no connection other than friendship.

I followed her up into the corridor of the ship. "So where's our room?" I yelled stradling my pack and looking around. "Marco, if you're going to talk all trip then I'll get my own room!" Alicia joked. It took some time, but we finally got settled in our stay room. "Oh yeah! First class all the way. Did the Premed deliver or did he deliver?" I grinned jumping on the large bed that I claimed as my own. "He delivered..." Alicia smiled rolling her eyes. She set her stuff down and walked from the room.

~~~~~

"Get off the ship! Get off now!" It was very late and Alicia and I were just sitting on the lounge chairs outside. People began to flood the deck. Chaos enveloped the scene in a matter of minutes. "It's too late. Jump!" Someone shouted. "How did this happen?" Alicia looked stunned. Suddenly, a few men pushed through us and I lost sight of her. "Alicia!" I roared, but was suddenly hit towards the side. I blacked out as I fell to the sea below...

~~~~~

I awoke with a splitting headache on a small sandbar. I slowly leaned up rubbing my head. A large island was a few feet away. All I had to do was walk through some shallow water to get there. What happened then hit me like a brick. "Alicia!" I roared immediatly standing up. I looked around but there was no sign of her. "She's not dead, she can't be!" I roared falling into the shallow water and heading for the island. "She's here somewhere and I won't stop till I find her." I said grabbing my pack and making my way to shore.

Samchu
27th April 2004, 03:36 PM
Name: Ian Rush
Appearance: Ian's somewhere between 6'1 and 6'2 tall. He has a very strong build due to the fact that he has spent most of his life being active by running away from countless numbers of people. Ian has dep blue eyes that always seem to be alert and brown / blonde hair that doesn't seem to have any specific style. His clothes are baggy and worn, his jeans have rips in them and the colour has faded from his black t-shirt. His trainers are badly scuffed and on the verge of falling apart.
Personality: Cocky and quick-witted, Ian is the sort of guy who's used to thinking on his feet. Never thinking about the future but concentrating on surviving in the present. Tends to get looked down on due to his appearance but he's used to it by now. He focuses on himself and believes you should help no one but yourself. It's his key for survival.
History: Ian was orphaned at the age of 7 and hid out on the streets. He got into a gang after they saw him pull of what they said was 'classic pickpocketing' and he became gang leader at 16. At 18 he decided he decided to go it alone. He was getting on top of his game and he didn't want any liabilities. He'll do anything he has to to survive, no matter who he has to scam / steal from to get it.
Reason for going: He messed with the wrong guy and ended up on the run to save his life. He managed to swipe a ticket in the boarding crowd and got aboard the ship, escaping with his life.
Relationships: he's seen a few people around, chances are he's probably mugged or scammed a few of them as well
Bag Contents: A small black rucksack that contains his 'survival kit'. In it is his:
~ pocket knife
~ flashlight
~ money of various different currencies (kept dry because he keeps it in a small plastic bag)
~ his 'disguise kit' (sunglasses, baseball cap, red top and black leather pants)
Other: *I fear the other*

Ian
~~~
"gotta get outta this city. Outta this country preferably," I muttered, throwing together my things. "No way am I gonna get killed over this."
I ran outside and jumped on my motorbike. I'd heard the S.S. Harriet was leaving shore today, I'd hitch myself a ride with some poor sap's ticket. They'd never expect me to be there. 30 days should be long enough for all this to blow over.
The scene on the harbour was slightly chaotic and I easily swiped some guy's ticket, walking calmly up the ramp and handing in 'my' ticket, before he sad sucker even noticed. What a loser.
Once on board, well, it was an all you can grab buffet. Millions of pockets just waiting to be picked. Only one would could be used right then...PARTY! Sneaking on this ship was the best choice I ever made!

X X X

I watched people running around in a panic. The lifeboats couldn't save them, there wasn't time. But there for me, there was always time. I managed to slice some of the ropes with my pocket knife but that only left me with a huge raft to try and steer alone against the water.
"Forget what I said, this is the worst choice I've ever made," I managed to grown, mere seconds before the boat capsized and everything went black.

X X X

I awoke slowly, face down in sand. I sat up, wiping my mouth and checking my bag for it's contents. Fortunately, all was still intact.
I stood up and looked around. Not a soul in sight? Was I the only one who survived? Am I trapped here all alone? This might be hard for even me to get out of.
I looked out across the ocean and saw what I believed to be a person, floating in the water. For a change, my concious got the better of me and I ran out to investigate.
It was a person. A girl. Floating on a piece of the ship that had become serperated from the rest. I rolled her over, checking that she was still alive. She was breathing. She was kinda cute too but then I've never thought about such things.
Her blue jeans and emerald green top were drench as I pulled her onto the shore. Lifting her to her feet to help carry her further away from the water.
I didn't notice a rock caught in the sand and I stumbled over it. We fell, her first then me on top. Why is this happening to me? She opened her eyes a little, her deep brown eyes and stared right up at me. i was just opening my mouth to explain when some crazed guy with spiky jet black hair and rather 'fancy' clothing bounded over.
I got up just before he reached the girl. He kneeled down, "Alicia are you okay?"
She nodded weakly before the boy turned to me.
"What did you do to her?"
I was taken back. "Nothing. I just pulled her from the water."
"Liar! i saw you on top of her!"
"I fell!" I shouted back at him. "I swear, I'm not that sort of guy."
The guy gave me an untrusting look then turned his attention back to the girl.
The one time I help someone out and this is what happens. Well believe me, I won't be doing it again. The second i find a way off of this hell I'm going solo. This helping people is for suckers and I refuse to be made a fool of!

Tainted
27th April 2004, 03:40 PM
Name: Elexand
Appearance: 6'1, with a heavy build carved sharply from years of training. He has black hair that is kept nicely around his head, it is short on the sides and at the back, but his bangs hang over his eyes. He has extremely pale skin, appearing almost ghost-like at sometimes. Elexand wears black jeans, a pair of black boots and a black sleeveless shirt with a, once again, black suit jacket.
Personality: Outgoing and talkative, sometimes it's not the best though, as he gets arrogant sometimes. He has periods of time at which he likes to be alone, and shows very mild symptoms of schizophrenia. Has a short temper and is quick to anger, often rushes into things without even taking a second to think them through. Lives things by the moment, rather than waiting them out long-term.
History: His prime physical condition is a result of his job-- he is a professional heavyweight boxer and currently holds a large city belt for his winning of a tournament that happened a month ago. He has been training since he was sixteen, and it shows, as he is the peak of physical progress. Definitely not to be reckoned with strength wise, as he knows all too well how to fight from years of devotion to the sport of boxing.
Reason for going: Celebration for winning a large city belt in a boxing tournament.
Relationships: Grows to be close friends with Mike
Bag Contents: The bag that he carries is his lucky gym bag, an old tattered black bag that is still rather well working. Inside of it he has:
-A pair of black trunks that have "Elexand" written on the waistband.
-A pair of black boxing gloves, of which also have his name, except on the wrist of the gloves.
-His heavyweight champion belt for the tournament he just won.
-A now ruined cellular phone.
-A large hunting knife given to him by his father when he was sixteen, it originally had the purpose of cutting the strings on his gloves.
-One boxing shoe, the other fell out of a hole that was torn in the side of the bag.
Other: No, not this time, other.

Elexand
=:-{*)X(*}-:=

My father would often tell me what made a champion; it’s not how you win, but rather how you lose. I followed the words of my father long after his death when I was fifteen, he was a professional boxer, and, like any other child, I wanted nothing more than to be just like him. I worked long and hard, training from the time I was sixteen, I’m now twenty-two and it’s finally paid off. All of that hard work, all of that pain, all goes away when I look at that belt, the big-time city belt with it’s large solid gold face and it’s jeweled letters. The most important feature being my name, engraved onto the bottom—it was mine to keep, and I would treasure it for the rest of my life.

Celebrations were definitely in order, so I took astride of any possible—finding one that stuck up clearly. The S.S. Harriet, a nice huge ocean liner, a thirty-day cruise. I took it with open arms, packing with me a couple bags of clothing—but most importantly, my gym bag. I brought my gym bag with me so I wouldn’t lose my shape or anything, as it was very important, and thirty days was a long time. My lucky gym bag was just a black old tattered bag—most lucky things tend to be old and tattered, this just happened to fit the stereotype well. My trunks, my gloves, my heavyweight champion belt, my boxing shoes, and even my dad’s old hunting knife—still sharp as hell—that he gave to me to cut the strings on my gloves before he died. The last thing I had was for contacting my fiancé, my only way to even come close into contact with her, my cellular phone.
I had wished for her to come with me, but she insisted she didn’t, she wanted me to have a nice relaxed time on the boat and plus—she had to work; I didn’t have to be anywhere. Regretfully, I had left that day, assuring her that I would return to her in thirty days, and that I would call her every night. Not even a full day into the cruise all hell broke loose.

People shouted, all I heard was the screams and cries for help—I tried my best to help as many as I could, until I realized it was nearly useless. I had only my gym bag with me, so I pulled my hunting knife from it, trying as hard as I possibly could to cut the ropes that held up the rafts. I cut the last rope and the raft fell into the water, diving underneath, but popping back up again. It was at this time that I noticed a tall lanky fellow next to me, he dove into the water to try and get to the raft, but failed miserably as a wave slapped him in the head and he went under.
I dove heroically into the water, diving deep underneath until I saw the lanky boy, who appeared to be eighteen or so. I kicked up to the surface, pulling him behind me. After I had done this, I slung him over my shoulder and slowly began paddling towards where I thought shore was. I had only gone a couple of meters when I too had been hit by a wave and knocked unconscious…

I awoke feeling my head in quite a pain, the lanky fellow was still draped over one of my shoulders, and it appeared that we had floated in this way. I was surprised that I was not dead, so surprised that I pinched myself a couple of times, seeing if the old method worked. I felt nothing, but figured it was just because of my numbed skin. I still had my gym bag but there was a large rip in it.
I took the fellow up to shore and laid him down while I searched my bag. Great, one of my boxing shoes was missing. I threw the other aimlessly into the ocean without a care for the cost of it, or the worth considering I had won a large tournament with them on. Then I remembered my cell-phone, my lovely, lovely cellular phone, I could phone my fiancé, tell her to get me some help, and we would be all right.
It didn’t turn on… It was like being right next to her, able to see her, hear her breathe, but I could never touch her because an unbreakable thin sheet of glass stood between us. It was like hell. I roared in anger and threw the cellular phone out into the ocean.
“Damn you, Fido!” I screamed, only stopping afterwards to realize how retarded I had sounded.

I turned my attention to the lanky fellow, he was speaking, but I heard only the last of what he had said. “Gone to hell in a hand basket.”
“Not quite,” I boomed. He looked up at me, kneeling in the soft sand beside him; I continued, “You okay?”
“I… think so,” he said with a small hesitation. His eyes scattered the horizon, perhaps looking for a way out. “Where” he began.
I finished. “Deserted island, it looks like.”
He looked at his own bag and complained about his laptop being soaked, I couldn’t compare that to anything really, as I wasn’t too much of a fan of electronics. Not much good a ruined laptop was going to do out here, anyway.
“Well, if we’re stuck here, we might as well get to know each other. Mike Rampart,” he stuck out his hand. He seemed like a nice kid, a little physically deprived, but nice, nonetheless.
“Elexand,” I replied, taking his hand in a strong grip. He did a double take, as most did when I announced my name.
“Wait—you’re Elexand, the guy who won the heavyweight tourney last month?” he asked. I nodded. “I thought you looked familiar” there was a short pause “what luck, we get stranded on an island.”
I chuckled deeply. He was a fan of boxing, not bad; maybe I had misjudged him at first glance.
“Hey, what’s that?” I asked, pointing to a green clump of something in the water.
“Holy crap! There’s a girl floating out there!” Mike exclaimed. He ran towards that greenish-looking spot in the water. I hurried quickly after him. In a minute or two we had carried her onto shore and had gotten her breathing.
She opened her big brown eyes, reminded me too much of my fiancé. She coughed a couple of times and shook her black hair, my fiancés hair was a dark brown, not really similar to her hair—so the resemblance sort of shook away from my mind.
She stammered “Huh… wh-where?”
“Deserted island.” Mike and myself answered in near perfect unison.
After that I turned to Mike and offered a small proposition to him.
“Us two stick together, no matter what. You understand?” I grinned. “Like the Indians—blood brothers.”

Tainted
27th April 2004, 03:48 PM
Appearance: Ian's somewhere between 6'1 and 6'2 tall. He has a very strong build due to the fact that he has spent most of his life being active by running away from countless numbers of people. Ian has dep blue eyes that always seem to be alert and brown / blonde hair that doesn't seem to have any specific style. His clothes are baggy and worn, his jeans have rips in them and the colour has faded from his black t-shirt. His trainers are badly scuffed and on the verge of falling apart.
Personality: Cocky and quick-witted, Ian is the sort of guy who's used to thinking on his feet. Never thinking about the future but concentrating on surviving in the present. Tends to get looked down on due to his appearance but he's used to it by now. He focuses on himself and believes you should help no one but yourself. It's his key for survival.
History: Ian was orphaned at the age of 7 and hid out on the streets. He got into a gang after they saw him pull of what they said was 'classic pickpocketing' and he became gang leader at 16. At 18 he decided he decided to go it alone. He was getting on top of his game and he didn't want any liabilities. He'll do anything he has to to survive, no matter who he has to scam / steal from to get it.
Reason for going: He messed with the wrong guy and ended up on the run to save his life. He managed to swipe a ticket in the boarding crowd and got aboard the ship, escaping with his life.
Relationships: he's seen a few people around, chances are he's probably mugged or scammed a few of them as well
Bag Contents: A small black rucksack that contains his 'survival kit'. In it is his:
~ pocket knife
~ flashlight
~ money of various different currencies (kept dry because he keeps it in a small plastic bag)
~ his 'disguise kit' (sunglasses, baseball cap, red top and black leather pants)

Ian
~~~
"gotta get outta this city. Outta this country preferably," I muttered, throwing together my things. "No way am I gonna get killed over this."
I ran outside and jumped on my motorbike. I'd heard the S.S. Harriet was leaving shore today, I'd hitch myself a ride with some poor sap's ticket. They'd never expect me to be there. 30 days should be long enough for all this to blow over.
The scene on the harbour was slightly chaotic and I easily swiped some guy's ticket, walking calmly up the ramp and handing in 'my' ticket, before he sad sucker even noticed. What a loser.
Once on board, well, it was an all you can grab buffet. Millions of pockets just waiting to be picked. Only one would could be used right then...PARTY! Sneaking on this ship was the best choice I ever made!

X X X

I watched people running around in a panic. The lifeboats couldn't save them, there wasn't time. But there for me, there was always time. I managed to slice some of the ropes with my pocket knife but that only left me with a huge raft to try and steer alone against the water.
"Forget what I said, this is the worst choice I've ever made," I managed to grown, mere seconds before the boat capsized and everything went black.

X X X

I awoke slowly, face down in sand. I sat up, wiping my mouth and checking my bag for it's contents. Fortunately, all was still intact.
I stood up and looked around. Not a soul in sight? Was I the only one who survived? Am I trapped here all alone? This might be hard for even me to get out of.
I looked out across the ocean and saw what I believed to be a person, floating in the water. For a change, my concious got the better of me and I ran out to investigate.
It was a person. A girl. Floating on a piece of the ship that had become serperated from the rest. I rolled her over, checking that she was still alive. She was breathing. She was kinda cute too but then I've never thought about such things.
Her blue jeans and emerald green top were drench as I pulled her onto the shore. Lifting her to her feet to help carry her further away from the water.
I didn't notice a rock caught in the sand and I stumbled over it. We fell, her first then me on top. Why is this happening to me? She opened her eyes a little, her deep brown eyes and stared right up at me. i was just opening my mouth to explain when some crazed guy with spiky jet black hair and rather 'fancy' clothing bounded over.
I got up just before he reached the girl. He kneeled down, "Alicia are you okay?"
She nodded weakly before the boy turned to me.
"What did you do to her?"
I was taken back. "Nothing. I just pulled her from the water."
"Liar! i saw you on top of her!"
"I fell!" I shouted back at him. "I swear, I'm not that sort of guy."
The guy gave me an untrusting look then turned his attention back to the girl.
The one time I help someone out and this is what happens. Well believe me, I won't be doing it again. The second i find a way off of this hell I'm going solo. This helping people is for suckers and I refuse to be made a fool of!

I might be a little bit of an idiot here, but didn't Mike and Elexand save Alicia and sit beside her on shore?...

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Samchu
27th April 2004, 03:54 PM
I might be a little bit of an idiot here, but didn't Mike and Elexand save Alicia and sit beside her on shore?...

Well I did post before you so there's was really no way of me knowing. I can change it if you want but it basically means i gotta get rid of most of my post.

Crystal Tears
27th April 2004, 07:14 PM
Thats true Sam... Mike and Elexand did get to Alicia first. Sorry but I'm going with they're post.

Name: Alicia Gene
Appearance: Her hair is black, and would probably be straight if it wasn't for her small, very tight together cornrolls. Theres so many she wears them as a pony tail, if it was down, it would be about to the middle of her back.
Her eyes are a dep brown, that always have a mystery about them, they show a different side of her, though noones ever really stared at them long enough to notice.
She wears a emerald green halter top, that goes nicely with her dark skin color. Combined with her Navy Blue jeans.
Is quite athletic, and somewhat well built for a girl, not overly though.
Personality: quiet shy at the beginning, but eventually will open up to people, she can be quiet out going, and friendly to be around, takes alot to get on her nerves, but when people do, she lets them know quickly.
History: can't think of anything.
Reason for going: Wanted to take a break from everything in the city.
Relationships: single and looking I guess..
Bag Contents:
~Pocket Knife
~sun glasses
~Mirror
~lighter
Other: nope....

Alicia
~~~
The blackness consumed me, I didn't really remember what happened, I just remember someone pushing me, and a sharp pain in my head. Which was completed by a cold rush of water, with a salty taste.
Murmurs of voices floated around me, slowly coming into focus, I could tell it was two guys.

In rush light returned, the bright sunlight came, almost blinding me. A feeling of sand was under me.
Wait... where am I? I thought, a cough suddenly, feeling water come up, air, it was so nice to breathe again. Though the sharp pain was still in my forehead, I looked around.

“Huh… wh-where?”

“Deserted island.” Two guys answered in near perfect unison. “Us two stick together, no matter what. You understand?” One guy grinned. “Like the Indians—blood brothers.”

"Right... Um.. Who are you?" I asked, my head ached for a second. As the pain slowly faded, they answered.

"I'm Mike." He said, I looked at him up then down, he was.. What was that word.. Skinny? I don't know. His hair was short brown, combined with his Blue jeans, and Grey T- shirt.

"And I'm Elexand." The other one answered, I knew him, he was the Boxer Guy, I didn't really care for boxing, just had friends. He was built, I'd give him that, compared to Mike, this guy was 'The Giant'. He has black hair that had bangs that hung over his eyes, another thing was he was PALE. Very pale.. Wearing black jeans, a black shirt, and a black suit coat.. I think.. it was kinda wet...

"Well Hi both of you. I'm Alicia." I smiled, collasped back onto the sand. I need my bag...BAG?? OH CRAP!! I shot up quickly, before stoping it near where we were sitting. "Gah, I need that." I said, not really remembering that both Alexand and Mike were there. I scrambled over to it, alot of stuff had washed out of it, but what remained was my pocket knife, mirror, sun glasses and my lighter.. Which most probably didn't work. I walked(more of a limp) back towards them, before sitting back down where we were before.. "Um.. I don't remember much of what happened... So yeah.. What happened?"

EVme15
27th April 2004, 08:42 PM
Name: Kayla Zeith
Appearance: Has light blonde hair, slightly wavy, that goes partially down her back. She has sparkling green eyes. Her shirt is a blue t-shirt that's a bit long for her. She wears faded jeans. Skinny to medium build.
Personality: Optimistic and slightly (ok, quite a bit) random. She's quick to make friends and to trust others, and doesn't worry about problems. She's a bit of a slacker, but will pull her own weight if she's enthusiastic enough about what she's doing.
History: ... *can't think*
Reason for going: Fun! *throws beach ball* VOLLEYBALL!
Relationships: *waves to next person* Wanna be a friend?!
Bag Contents: A small light blue backpack. It contains a few wet dollars, some boxes of chocolate pocky (the pocky is ok because it's in plastic), and a ruined manga book.
Other: Her memory about the sinking was lost when she hit her head on... something. But otherwise she's fine. *stares* ... can I shoot it now? ^^
~|~|~|~|~
Kayla Zeith

I yawned, and immediately felt a throbbing in the back of my head. "Aw... did I fall asleep? And I was looking foward to the dance tonight too... Oh, well... Wonder why my head hurts."

My eyes slid open and I shivered. I was wet... Why? Did I go in the pool already? "OW!"

I put my hand to the back of my head and rubbed, trying to ease the throbbing. My hair felt... stiff. Bringing my hand back, I noticed it was covered in dark red flakes. Dry blood...

"Wait, where am I?" Standing up, I looked around. Hm... this wasn't the ship. It was a beach of some sort. Only it was kinda... empty. There weren't any food stands, any beach umbrellas, any people. "What happened?"

I stood up, and spotted my bag a few paces away. "May as well read if I'm gonna wait for someone to come by..."

A sopping wet manga book fell into my hand as I opened my bag. Futher inspection revealed that everything in my bag was damp. "Eh... Shuichi-kun..." Sighing, I put my book back in.

Was that a voice? I turned to see some figures standing on the beach, a bit of a ways down. "HEY!" I called to them, waving. Maybe they could tell me where this was, and what happened to the ship!

HbCharizard
27th April 2004, 10:31 PM
Ark
~~~

"Jeez, are we ever gonna find anybody?!?" I said. I was starting to give up hope.

'If me and this girl...what was her name..... Jennifer! If me and Jennifer are the only people on this island...well...I guess I won't be alone atleast.' I thought.

"Doesn't look like it. Lets rest for a little bit." She said. I sat down.

"What do you have in your bag?" I asked. She looked around.

"My bag! I guess I forgot it on the ship." She said. So I looked in my bag.

"Unless we find a hot spring near by, nothin in my bag's gonna help." I said. I layed back and looked at the sky. I wondered if we were the only people left on the island. Maybe this is just some freak tv show like survivor or something like that. Maybe it's not, and a tiger or something is gonna jump out and kill us. I really don't want to die.

"Hey, whos that?!?" Jennifer asked, pointing towards what looked like a girl waving her arms madly.

"Another person! We're saved!...Or not." I said, realizing that she didn't have a lifeboat anywhere near her. We started towards her. I could tell we were all glad.

VirtualPlay
28th April 2004, 02:00 PM
Mike
~~~~~~~~
"So yeah... What happened?" Alicia asked, looking up at both of us. Just looking at her, my stomach did the all-too-familiar twiddle it always did whenever I saw a cute girl. Of course, I had learned to ignore it by now, since my lack of muscle usually turned off most girls...they always went for the more muscular, yet generally stupider guys. She'd probably rather go for Elexand...but wait, didn't he have a fianceé or something?

"Well, you remember the boat, right?" She looked up at the sky, thinking for a few seconds before acknowledging that she remembered. "Well, put simply, it crashed and we ended up here. Put not so simply, the boat hit a storm and breached its hull on some rocks that were jutting out. The lifeboats were nearly impossible to cut off and the ones that were freed capsized in the storm. We were lucky enough—or unlucky enough—to wash up here."

I suddenly realized that both Alicia and Elexand were staring at me. As I usually did, I had talked myself into silence. "Sorry, bad habit of mine," I mumbled, looking away out into the ocean. I'm sure both Alicia and Elexand both turned to look in the same when the person I saw there yelled out "Hey!"

From what I could tell, it was a girl, about twenty feet out and a few hundred feet down the shore. She seemed to not be waving at us, but rather at the shore down there. I looked and saw...

"More people!" Alicia exclaimed, standing up and heading over. Elexand and I got up and followed her to the two other people we saw on the shore. Before long, the six of us were together and introducing ourselves. The girl who had still been in the water was Kayla, the guy on the shore was Ark (odd name), and the girl on the shore (whose name was Jennifer) I recognized as the girl I had run into before boarding.

"So, d'you think there are any more survivors?" Ark asked looking around the beach. Jennifer gasped suddenly, running to the edge of the ocean, her sneakers sloshing wet.

"Daddy!" she cried out at the ocean. Then I remembered: she had said her dad owned the boat. She sobbed some more, "You can't be gone...Daddy..." The rest of us looked at each other awkwardly, eventually with everyone looking at Ark. He realized this, looked between us and Jennifer a couple times, then sighed in defeat.

Cautiously he went over, attempting to calm Jennifer down. But he never got to. A loudish voice rang out from our left, the direction Elexand, Alicia, and me hadn't come from: "Alicia?!"
~~~~~~~~
And that would be Mikey's cue. :P

Mikey
28th April 2004, 02:15 PM
~Marco~

I had been walking for some time and decided to take a break by a large palm tree by the shore. I looked along the coast trying to find any hint of survivors or Alicia. It had been a few hours since I awoke and still no sign of anything. There was some wrekage but nothing else of interest. I then began to hear the faint sounds of people talking. "Alicia?" I roared as I got up, straddled my pack and turned a corner to see a group of survivors...

Samchu
28th April 2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry about that post of mine guys. I missed the end of that first post and assumed not one had found Alicia. My appologies. Hopefully this post'll be okay.

~ pocket knife
~ flashlight

Ian
~~~

X X X

X X X

I sat in the shade of a tree, watching as people found one another and eventually began to form one big group. Stupid people, thinking they need each other to survive. Well i don't need anyone. I'm gonna take care of myself. Those idiots can do what they please.
I left my spot and went searching for a stream of some sort. I had learnt that all one needs to survive is food, water and a decent shelter. All I needed was a stream for food and water and trees for shelter, food and firewood.
Fortunately I managed to find one. Not iscolated but it would suffice, for now anyway. Didn't look like I was going anywhere for a while ah well it's better than dying back home.
I started up a fire using two sticks and some bark and as the flames began to burn I tried my hand a little fishing. Now and then I wondered about the people back on the beach but then reminded myself that they wouldn't care about me and decided not to think anymore of them.
"I'd probably just rob them all anyway..." I muttered then turned my focus back to the fish.

Crystal Tears
29th April 2004, 06:52 AM
Alicia
~~~~
I spun around, that voice, I knew it. He had been on the boat with me..
"Marco?" I wispered quickly. Then suddenly his figure came, I felt my legs begin to move forward. "Marco!" I called.
We met eventually, I guess I wasn't really thinking, or it was pure happiness he had made it, but I hugged him, finally someone I knew was here. I did let go of him, but only when I realized the other people we're coming.
"These your new friends."
"Yeah, Thats Jennifer, Kayla, Ark, Mike, and Elexand." I said, the smile still hadn't disappeared.
Marco introduced himself, and we continued to look around, there was much on this island, and we had finally decided there was no one from the boat on this island.

VirtualPlay
29th April 2004, 11:55 AM
Name: Kathy Konnetsu
Appearance: taller than average, about 5'11", but much too skinny for her age (not anorexia) and physically quite weak; she has long, dirty blond hair that goes down to her butt, her eyes are a bright blue in color, yet even so her face is Asian in appearance. She's wearing a translucent ankle-length stretch waist skirt with a bright floral pattern on it, a light turquoise skin-tight tank top to match, and a sky blue bikini underneath (she was in a hurry); her shoes fell off in the ocean.
Personality: Extremely closed to people in general, very timid and quiet towards most people, always seems to be brooding over something. She doesn't like making conversation, but is too polite to totally ignore people. It takes a lot to get her mad, but if you do there's no going back on it.
History: Dad was Japanese, moved to Hawaii and married an American woman (Mom). She doesn't give too much detail about her history except that her mom died less than a year ago and she now hates her dad.
Reason for going: To escape from home. She won't give any more detail.
Relationships: None, she's too closed to make any. Even on the island she resists making friends.
Bag Contents: No bag, she only brought a single suitcase onto the boat to begin with (that and I'm too lazy to think of contents)
Other: *spares Other*

----------

Kathy
~~~~~~~~
"Kathy Konnetsu, get your a** back in this house right now!"

I slammed the car door shut and put it in reverse. I was through listening to him, I was through being a part of his life. Quickly making sure I wasn't about to back into anyone, I rushed out of the driveway.

He made a stupid attempt to stop me as he ran out of the house. If he got in my way, I wouldn't hesitate to hit him. Fortunately for him he had only gotten to the end of the walkway by the time I was gunning it.

"I am not going to be there for you anymore," I muttered under my breath as I drove to the docks.

The docks weren't that far away. If he really wanted his car back he could walk to get it. I even left the keys in it and the doors unlocked. Maybe I'd get lucky and some poor sap would steal it.

I got on the boat just as it was about to set off. That was good; no chance of Dad getting here to stop me. Finally, I was free. I only wished I could make it last forever...

Oh how well I got my wish...

~-~-~-~-~

"Owww..." I muttered, keeping my eyes closed from the bright sun. Memories flooded back to me. The storm, the crash, then blank for a while. I remembered how I got thrown overboard with the initial crash, how one of the lifeboats nearly crashed into my head as I flopped around in the water, how I grabbed on to said lifeboat until I got knocked out.

Daring to move, I pushed myself up on the...sand? Carefully opening one eye I looked and saw sand. I opened the other and looked around. I was on a beach, right next to a jungle. No sign of civilization.

"Ack, sand hair," I groaned, trying to stand up but tripping on my skirt and getting a mouthful of sand. Spitting it out, I looked and saw that the waist was halfway down my thigh. Fixing it, I stood up successfully and started shaking and brushing the sand out of my hair with my hands.

Wait...were those voices? At first I was reluctant to find out, but I figured that if I was really stranded as I thought, having other people know I was here would eventually benefit. Wishing I had thought to bring a brush, I started walking towards the sounds, painfully untangling my hair with my hands. As I got closer I could definitely tell they were voices, and, giving up on my hair for now, I lifted the bottom hem of my skirt to my knees and started running towards them, my bare feet slapping the sand.

"Ah!" I gasped as I ran around a thing of trees and saw about 7 people standing there. I started to bow in politeness, but then remembered that was Dad's custom. So instead I simply said, "Hi..." cringing slightly as all of their eyes turned to look at me.
~~~~~~~~

Samchu
29th April 2004, 03:42 PM
Well, seeing as everyone's meeting up...

Ian
~~~
After eating my way through what was surprisingly the best meal I'd had in ages, I decided to try and build up a decent shelter for myself. The trick would have to be the string substitute, well I'll just have to see what I can find...
I went from tree to tree, collecting useful branches in my backpack as I went. I went all the way to one of the trees on the outskirts of the 'forest'. I was stripping bark for string when the branch beneath me snapped and I fell to the and below.
"Ow..." I groaned, looking up to see a group of about 8 people looking down on me. I stood up, brushing sand the off my clothes. "Nice of you to catch me," I muttered sarcastically.
I looked at them all. "You guys just gonna stand there?"
Nobody moved.
With a disgruntled sigh I began picking up my belongings and stuffing them back into my bag.
"What's with all the sticks?" asked someone, I never looked to see who.
"I'm building a shelter of course. Can't sleep out in the open when you're stranded on an unfamiliar island can you?"
i noticed a few hopeful glances and the odd stomach rumbling. I realised that I could make use of this many people. after all, it could be tricky to build a shelter on my own.
"Okay, before we do any stupid introductions, I'm willing to show you guys the perfect base for a camp of some sort. we can have a good source of food and water and with enough perserverance a shelter to hold us all. Now you can go do your own thing but I can't see myself building a shelter on my own and if you guys want some security tonight and a decent meal then here's your chance. Don't expect me to offer you this again. I work alone but even I know my own limits. so what do you guys say? I'll help you but this is a one time offer. Unless you offer me soemthing I want of course." I snickered quietly and finished packing my bags as I awaited their decision.

Roy Karrde
29th April 2004, 04:21 PM
Jennifer Karrde
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
There was no way he could of died, there...there just couldnt be any way, I mean I survived and so did these other people, he could of survived, he could be around here some where. Or maybe he is floating out in the ocean some where, I could swim out there and find him, I could, I could find him.

I felt Ark come over and place his arms around me, holding me in a semi comforting embrace. It felt nice, nicer than I ever felt before, for a moment I forgot what I was even crying about. I had never felt this way before, I had never had a boy come up and comfort me like this. Then it all came back, what happened, how daddy was missing, not dead, missing. I had to find him I just had to.

I looked around with a blured vision, I could make out some of the new people, I couldnt match any with the voices I heard, but a few I think I remembered from the boat. None of them would miss me if I went out for a little swim, if I went out there to look for my father. They wouldnt mind. "I-I gotta go, I-I need to find him" I said as quickly as I could breaking from Ark's embrace and wading out into the water.

I had to get to him, I just had to keep moving, the surf kept pushing me back, almost knocking me off my feet each time. I just kept pushing, just a few more feet and I would see him some where, some where off in the horizon line. Just a few more feet. The surf pushed over my body knocking me into the water, I swam to the surface trying to gasp for air, only to be hit by another wave. Salt water filled my mouth this time, pushing me down under water again. The salt water burned my lungs as I gulped it down my throat. I had to grab air some how. I kept clawing for something, my arms flaring to latch on to something as water poured into my mouth.

I felt two arms grab me by the waste and push me out of the water, my eyes remained close from the sting of the salt water, until we reached land again. I continued to gasp for air, coughing out salt water every few seconds. Every inch of my body hurt. "Are you okay?" The mysterious person asked, I recognized it to be Ark's voice. I slowly opened my eyes to see him crouched next to me, a look of concern on his face. For the first time I did something that was very out of the ordinary for me to do. I reached up and huged him around the neck and sobbed on his shoulder. That moment was when I realized that I had truely lost my family.

HbCharizard
29th April 2004, 05:54 PM
Ark
~~~

This felt very akward....I've never really been hugged before.... Except when my mom hugged me of course. I didn't really know what to do, so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I wrapped my arms around her and patted her back softly.

"Don't worry about it.....You don't have to drown yourself to find your dad. I'm sure he's out there...somewhere. Maybe he's on a populated island looking for you." I said, trying to comfort her. She just kept on crying. My shoulder was getting wet from all the tears. She really must of loved her dad. I wondered what loving you dad felt like.....

"*Glurp!!*" I said. She had squeezed on tight to me. It was starting to hurt.

"Oh...oops...sorry..heh." She said, chuckling a little bit while releasing me. She pushed back some of her hair. Her eyes were a still a little watery, but she wasn't crying anymore.

"..We should go back to the other guys..." I said, realizing that we had strayed away from the other guys. Problem is....I didn't know which way they were.
"Uh-oh..." I said while scratching the back of my head.

Mikey
29th April 2004, 06:47 PM
~Marco~
I was kind of confused by this sudden burst of emotion Jennifer was showing. I know she lost her dad and it was horrible, but she didn't need to wade aimlessly into open sea. I sighed and walked up the beach. "What a shithole." I commented plopping down in the sand under a shady palm tree.

The breeze rolled by brushing against my hair. It felt good. Living in the city doesn't give you many times like this. I leaned back onto my arms and looked up the sky. "You going to help build this with me or not?" I heard the new guy yell. I sat up indian style and kicked the sand out of my sandles. "Give us a minute." I yelled. My shirt was starting to become uncomfortable from the slow drying.

I took it off and laid back down on the sand. People began to stare, but I wasn't self conscious. Going to the gym everyday had its benefits. I closed my eyes and began to relax. "What are you doing?" Mike asked looking towards me. I sighed.

"Just because we're stuck on this island doesn't mean I can't make the best of it. Tanning helps me relax." I said and continued to lay. Alicia laughed and walked over. She sat down next to me and began to make shapes in the sand with her finger. After some time, she poked me and I got up. In the sand was a person's face. "It's that guy!" She giggled pointing to the new guy building the shelter. I couldn't help but laugh. The drawing made him look deformed and slightly retarded.

I then noticed a crab scuttling by. "Think we could eat this?" I yelled out grabbing a stick and prodding the thing. It clawed viciously at the stick, but I was in control...

Tainted
29th April 2004, 07:09 PM
Elexand

Ah, emotion. It strangely reminded me of my own fiancé, and I was thrown into my own little emotional dispute, except it was held inside. It wasn't too nice of a spectacle to behold if I were to let emotions go, anyway, a man of my size bawling tends to draw stares.
I discarded my suit jacket, just leaving it in the sand, now wearing only a tight black sleeveless shirt to cover my chest. I picked my hunting knife from my bag and took it out of its carrying case, holding it tightly in my hand.
“Fire.” I boomed. “You want to cook that crab” I motioned towards Marco “We’ll need fire. You gather up some sticks, some light wood shavings or something, and a nice flat rock. I’ll create a spark from my hunting knife, and if we get lucky we’ll get a fire going. Then we won’t be as famished.” I instructed. I knew very little about survival, but I tried my best.
I looked towards Jennifer in the ocean, crying and I was sent another glimpse of my fiancé. I took a deep breath and walked towards a few discarded sticks, pushing Ian out of the way as I went.

VirtualPlay
30th April 2004, 09:01 AM
Mike
~~~~~~~~
I looked at the guy offering assistance. I didn't really like the looks of him, and I noticed quite a few others either not really noticing or visually shoving him aside...or in Elexand's case, literally shoving him aside.

Then there was the new girl (whom I also had the slight 'cute girl twinge' with). I could tell by the way she was kind of shrinking away that she didn't like being with people. Or maybe just people she didn't know. Looking around I saw Marco sitting down in the sand with his shirt off.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he lied down and closed his eyes. He sighed.

"Just because we're stuck on this island doesn't mean I can't make the best of it. Tanning helps me relax." Alicia laughed from behind me, walked over next to Marco and started drawing in the sand. It was my turn to sigh. Okay, it looked like Marco and Alicia were a member. Dammit, why does this always happen? I meet a girl who might like me and it turns out she already has someone. I turned to walk the other way.

"Hey, think we could eat this?" Marco yelled. I turned and saw him fighting a crab with a stick.

"Fire," Elexand said, suddenly, pointing at Marco with his hunting knife. "You want to cook that crab, we'll need fire. You gather up some sticks, some light wood shavings or something, and a nice flat rock. I’ll create a spark from my hunting knife, and if we get lucky we’ll get a fire going. Then we won’t be as famished." He moved towards the forest, picking up a couple sticks.

I noticed the new girl was still holding back. She really did look cute in that floral skirt. Trying not to scare her away, I walked over. "Hi," I said. "I'm Mike." I held out my hand.

"I'm...Kathy," she said hesitantly, slowly shaking my hand. I turned towards the rest of the group.

"Well, that's Marco and Alicia, Elexand's the guy with the hunting knife, Kayla's the blonde girl, and we don't know who the guy making the shelter is." I pointed towards the ocean, "and over there are..." I stopped, seeing nobody. "Uh...where are Jennifer and Ark?" I asked nobody in particular.
~~~~~~~~
Nah, don't feel like posting for Kathy right now...although Craig really should get a post up...

Roy Karrde
30th April 2004, 12:35 PM
Jennifer Karrde
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I wiped my eyes off and began to walk along the side of the beach. I really didnt care if we got back to the group any time soon, I knew there would be safety in numbersm, but I really didnt want to confront them. What would they think of me? They probley thought I had completely lost it.

"We better just head in this direction and hope we run into them" I suggested with some fake enthusiasm. Ark joined myside and we walked in that direction for a few minutes, both of us silent.

"So, are you hungry?" Ark asked as we walked along the beach. I nodded my head slowly, and he sighed. "Me too, hopefully the group will have some food when we get back"

"You know I bet a rescue plane is allready searching for us, they probley allready picked up the other survivors" Ark said trying to reassure me that my father was still alive. It was nice to know that he cared egnough to try and make me happy, but I had studied the ships course, we were in the middle of nowhere on a island that wasnt even on the map, atleast I doubted it was on the map.

"Yeah they will find us soon, I think this island is on the maps" I lied. I didnt want to lie to Ark, I felt closer to him than any one else in the group, but if he knew we had a very slim chance of being found he would be depressed and I didnt want him to be depressed.

"Hey I think I can see them" Ark announced peering off in the distance. It was true you could bearly make out a group of black shapes off in the distance that could either be our group or some really big animals.

"Ark?" I asked quietly, with almost a wisper in my voice. He turned to face me as I walked slowly over to him. "I kindof wanted to say, you know, thank you for going after me" I said, leaning up and kissing him lightly on the cheek. That was something I would never do, so why was I doing it now? This island was really turning into a wierd adventure.

HbCharizard
30th April 2004, 10:57 PM
Ark
~~~

I started blushing after she kissed me on my cheek. It felt good. I felt good. I could tell she doesn't do this stuff alot by the way she was blushing.

"..ehh...umm.. your welcome." I said, at a loss of words. The rest of the trip went in a akward silence. It turned out that the black shadows turned out to be just a bunch of birds sitting around. Stupid birds.

"Damn..." I said, kicking a tree. It was getting dark too.
"I think we should stay here for the night. We'll get up early and find the others tommorow...."

"Ok..." She said, sitting down next to a tree. I looked around. Nothing to build a shelter with except for some drift wood and some leaves. Some trees had some coconuts in them, so we wouldn't starve. I climbed a tree and picked a couple, letting them fall to the sand below. I grabbed them then we both cracked them open.

"Ya know, this stuff in coconuts taste alot better then they look like they taste on TV." I said, sipping some of the milk.

"Yea...You think it tastes like some nasty disgusting old milk." She replied. After we had finished, I threw the shells into the sea, and made a makeshift fishing rod out of some drift wood and other stuff. I tried to catch some fish, but I ended up with some drift wood, a old boot, a drenchted doll, a case of wet papers, and really, really small fish that I let go. When I was finished, I looked over to Jennifer. She was sleeping soundly. I sat next to her, put my head on the tree, and went to sleep.

Craig
30th April 2004, 11:33 PM
Name: Craig Symonds
Appearance: 6'0, Light build. Has shaggy brown hair and fairly pale skin. Wearing a long-sleeved (expect them to be cut off) shirt, and black jeans. Has a few rings on his fingers, a watch and a pendant of an ankh.
Personality: Can be a loner, but can work with people if needed. Once you knwo him he can be pretty open and a fairly funny guy... Can think under pressure and isn't easily overwhelmed.
History: Grew up in Toronto, lead a standard boring life.
Reason for going: To take some time off before going to Film School
Relationships: None, unless someone else wants to be friends with my character.
Bag Contents:
-Wallet (ruined)
-Pen
-Car-keys
-Digital SLR Camera (Was in a protective case)
-Extra camera battery (Was also in the protective case)
Other: He'll be taking pictures of stuff.

----

"Get the HELL out of here, you stupid kid!" a sailor yelled trying to keep a door closed. He was talking to me, of course. I was too damn pre-occupied in taking a picture of something that "looks cool" to notice that the ship was sinking.

"You know, thats not a bad idea" I said, snapping the lens cap on the camera and zipping it in its bag and then running to his designated "life boat" area....

"Wait... where the hell is everyone?" I said, trying to stay out of the massive rain

"Just jump, there is sopposed to be an island nearby!" a random dude said, and jumped off the side.... and then something fell and ... blank I don't remember anything after that.

Until now...

"Where the hell am I?" I thought, before having a wave splash in all over my face, causing me to cough and splut. Taking a good look around "an island? Atleast its better than being dead..." I said to myself "I wonder if anyone else made it here..." standing up on the beach and looking around.

Taking a few steps around... I realised probably no one else is on the island, so I guess I am on my own... Whatever. That means that a "lord of the flies" scenario can't happen... For this, I was happy :)

"The most important thing is fire" I said to myself. Grabbing a few pieces of dry wood buried in the sand I put them in a small pile... and ... opened my camera bag. Which was soaked... "oh ****" I said, opening the camera bag "please be okay, please be okay..." and it was. Good thing, too.

Taking a protective filter off of the camera lens, I held it up to the sun which concentrated it into a small dot on the wood. Slowly a spark came, and after a little bit of goading I had a miniature fire... Hopefully this would send out a signal for rescue craft.

---

So, my character still doesn't know their are others on the island. I guess someone can find him while they are looking for fire wood.
And sorry for not posting, my life doesn't always revolve around this forum ;)

Crystal Tears
1st May 2004, 09:58 AM
Alicia
~~~~
"Ark and Jennifer went for a walk or something." I answered, getting up and standing beside him.

"Well do you know when they're going to come back?" He asked, leaning against a tree, Mike was a nice guy, I'd give him that, he was determined to keep the group together. I don't know why but he was different from anyone else, even Marco.

"Uhh.. No. Sorry." I answered, still fixed on his deep green eyes, I left them suddenly, only to notice it was getting dark.

"Great.." I muttered, we're stuck on a island, which most probably isn't on any map, and now, its getting dark. Its like that survivor show but no money at the end.

I went and sat alone at the seashore, watching the sun set, it was beautiful, but we still needed to make a fire, or we'd probably freeze to death. I was thinking about Mike, he just seemed to be on my mind, and it was driving me insane. He's a great guy to have around and all, but why was I thinking about him so much? This island is probably going to drive me crazy for the time I'm stuck on it.

Samchu
2nd May 2004, 02:59 PM
Ian
~~~

Seeing as how it didn't look like anyone was gonna give me a hand with this shelter it looked as though I'd have to follow them and babysit their butts. It was in my best interest to stick with them really. Who knows how deserted this place really was...
I went a little away from the trees and used the wood I'd gathered to start up a fire as the evening was rolling it fast and a chill was coming. "I'd better make this pretty big, I'm gonna have to share it. Hell, I'm probably going to have to do all the work from now on. Well at least I don't have to worry about them trying to kill me."
Once the fire was started people began heading over. I noticed that Alicia was still sitting alone. I'd have to go tell her I guess, otherwise she'd moan that I'd let her get cold by not telling her the fire was ready. Probably.
I walked over and stood behind her. "Hey, it's starting to get a bit chilly. There's a warm fire over there if you start to feel cold."
She didn't say anything. Is this what being ploite gets you? i get better responses when I'm a jerk!
I sat beside her in the sand. "Are you okay?"

VirtualPlay
3rd May 2004, 10:14 PM
Kathy
~~~~~~~~
I looked around at the group. So that was eight other people on this island with me, even though two of them were lost right now. That meant eight new people that I still had to meet and get used to.

Well, seven if you consider Mike's introduction enough of a 'meeting.' Still, I only knew a little about him and still less about everyone else. Although I could tell that the shelter-maker guy was up to something...I could see it in his eye. I still didn't know his name.

Yeah, yeah...I guess I could fix that...

"Hi, so what's your name?" I asked, trying my best to sound sweet. I didn't believe myself, and he seemed indifferent to my tone of voice.

"So you finally gonna help me with the shelter?" he said. Jeez, I still wasn't sure if I was right about him being up to something, but I did know he was a total jerk. Still, I kept my little 'sweet' act up.

"Maaay-be..." I teased, "but definitely not without knowing your name first."

That set him off. He gave me a glare as if to say, 'I dare you to say that again.' Finally, after about fifteen seconds of staring at me, he simply said, "Ian," and turned back to his work. "So you gonna help or what?"

I wanted to smack him in the face, but I figured he wouldn't take too kindly to that. And he also seemed to be the kind of person who'd hit girls as easily as he'd hit guys. "Alright, what needs to be done?" I said.

He looked at me again, this time looking me up and down. "Well, you seem too weak to tie these things down," he waved at the makeshift tents as I silently fumed at his insult, "but you can help get more firewood. There should be some a few feet into the forest."

Glad that I wouldn't be tempted to smack him anymore, I wandered into the forest in the direction he pointed. Unfortunately, I didn't see any firewood and ended up wandering too far in. It started to get really dark from the lack of moonlight, although if it hadn't been almost the full moon, it probably would have been impossible to see anything.

Suddenly I saw a glow from in front of me. It was an eerily bright sapphire blue glow, and I pushed forward through the trees to see what it was. Before long, a beautiful river stared back at me, with rocks all around it glowing in the moonlight shining through the hole in the forest canopy. A small waterfall flowed down, sprinkling the air with sparkly, clear water.

I must have stood there for about five minutes, even though it felt like an hour. This place...I'd have to keep it a secret. It was just too beautiful, and I didn't want people like Ian ruining it. Although Ian might be the only "person like Ian" on this little island. Still, I didn't want to risk it, so I hurried back, promising myself I'd come back after everyone else was asleep. I really needed to have some time alone to think.

As I hurried back out of the forest I noticed a pile of firewood as Ian said was in the forest. Grabbing as much as I could, I carried it back to the fire.

As I expected, the first words out of his mouth were, "Took you long enough." I dropped the firewood next to the fire, then looked at the tents Ian had made out of palm leaves and some stringy things. They didn't look like much, and they only held one person (barely), but at least there were enough. Hey, they were better than nothing.

Someone had managed to get a fishing line together and caught a fish that was about half an arm's length. So after a hastily cooked meal of fish and crab, we were all getting full. Although I was hungrier than the others; I really didn't want to explain why, and I didn't really want to think about it either.

Mike spoke up first. "Alright, I'm getting some sleep," he said, grabbing the tent closest to him. It provided him with too much room, due to his skinniness. Elexand quickly took the next tent over, the tent barely fitting over his huge muscles. Alicia took the one on Mike's other side, and Marco took the next one down. I quickly took the one next to Marco, because I really didn't feel like sleeping next to Elexand; he seemed really intimidating. Kinda like my dad...

Gah, no, stop thinking about him. He doesn't matter anymore, he was just a big jerk. Heck, a bigger jerk than Ian.

Before I got into my tent I pulled my hair back and held it. Keeping it out of the sand, I slid into my tent (I had plenty of room), lied down, and waited for everyone else to go to sleep.
~~~~~~~~

I'm assuming that Ian and Alicia would have finished talking by now and Ian gone back to making the shelters and stuff.

Roy Karrde
3rd May 2004, 11:30 PM
Jennifer Karrde
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I woke up to pain, alot of pain, I sat up with my hands on my stomach, it felt like something was twisting and turning in there. It dawned on me that I hadnt eaten all day, or had gone to the little girls room. By the looks of the sky, it was night time, late night or possibly early morning.

I began to get up when I felt a arm, it droped down my shoulder on to my leg. I supressed a scream when I realized it was just Ark. I moved the hand off of my leg and looked over at him. He actually was quite cute, I hadnt noticed that before, but something about seeing him in the moon light, it made him look innocent and cute.

I stood up and realized something as I began to walk away, I was actually growing feelings for him, it sounded so silly for me to grow feelings for any one. I was always silent and kept to myself, but when I was around Ark, I-I felt relaxed like I could actually talk to him about anything. Maybe it was just the shock I was going through about losing my dad, who wasnt dead, I would find him, but back on the subject, I really thought we were getting kindof close in all this chaos.

I began to chew on some berries as I walked along a path in the woods, everything was so dark that I couldnt see any more than ten feet in front of me. I also made a mental note to tell the other girls that this forest wasnt very woman friendly. After a while I found a nice little river, it seemed tranquil and calm compared to all the activity in the forest which included the stupid misquitos. I really couldnt stop thinking about Ark, how he saved me earlier, it was really silly, I should be thinking about how we should get off this island, or where my dad was, but I couldnt stop thinking about him.

It had to be almost morning by now as I sat by the river trying to skip rocks into it. Should I tell him I had a crush on him? No that was stupid he would just laugh it off or believe that I was just trying to repay him for trying to save me. So I sat there tossing stones into the river, I began to wonder if I should go back there, just go back there, lay down, and pretend I was asleep this whole time. Yeah that would work, just lay back down next to...him, and pretend that I had been sleeping the whole time.

I turned to head back when I heard some movement in the bush behind me, was it a animal? Were there animals on this island, were they dangerous? Maybe it was a monster or dinosaur like in those movies. I began to back up, further and further until my foot splashed into the water of the river. What ever it was I would have to fight it alone, with out the help of any one else, I was defenceless.

Tainted
4th May 2004, 07:07 AM
Elexand

There was my fiancé again, silhouetted at the back of my eyelids, so I was forced to stare at her while I slept, ever wondering if she was alright—if she thought I had died and moved on to another man… There were just too many things to think about. I needed a nice break from reality.
I picked myself up from my tent and walked outside, carrying my hunting knife on me for those ‘just-in-case’ situations. I slowly walked through the brush, cutting some twigs from the trees to make travel easier. I was beginning to approach a clearing when I heard a small splash in water. Water was my first thought, blue was my second, a little bit of white was my third—but my fourth—that one caught me. My fourth thought was, was it an animal? Would it be edible, because I was craving for a nice sized boar?

I ran into the clearing with my hunting knife held high, only to see Jennifer. She screamed, a tad spooked at the idea of a man such as myself running through the brush with a knife in his hand. I breathed a sigh of relief and put my hunting knife in a small satchel on my belt, beginning to approach Jennifer.
“Are you alright?” I asked, before looking around to see the stream glittering in the moonlight. It was quite a spectacle to behold, so I immediately followed it up with “Want to go for a swim?”

Samchu
4th May 2004, 10:14 AM
Ian
~~~

I didn't feel like sleeping in a tent, too confined for my liking. I propped my head up on my bag and laid down, thinking about my 'talk' with Alicia. Well, she hadn't said anything to me, she must've been thinking. based on how she looked I'd have to say it was about a guy. Thank God it wasn't me! Hell, why should i even try to make any friends? I don't need 'em.
I sighed and looked up at the sky. This place wasn't so bad really, nice and quiet and I guess - maybe - the compay weren't all that bad. Though there was a distinct pattern emerging between the group.
I shook my my head. I was thinking too much, not good for the mind. Not my mind anyway. I looked over at the tent that girl who'd helped me had gotten into. Maybe i should be a bit nicer, to her anyway. She did help me out.
"Maybe..." I muttered, closing my eyes. I wouldn't sleep, i hardly did nowadays, but a bit of rest might be nice.
I heard Elexand leave his tent but didn't pay any attentino to it. I didn't care about his business. i just listened silently to the sounds of the forest. Well i would have, except someone else decided to try and sneak away. Can't they just go to sleep and stay asleep? It's not hard!
I opened my eyes. It was that girl. Funny how I'd just been thinking about her. I really should find out her name, seems kinda rude to keep referring to her as that girl.
Wondering where she was off to, I got up and followed her. i wasn't getting any sleep anyway. I followed her through the woods, making sure not to get spotted but not losing sight of her.
I ended up following her to the same place I'd found early. If you looked close enough you could see a small burnt patch where I'd set up the fire originally, but you had to look really close.
I climbed a tree and hid in the shadows watching her. She just kinda stood there, thinking i guess. Why were all the girls thinking around here? Was it some kinda weird disease.
i noticed then, that she had her hair down. It was...kinda pretty. So was she come to think about it. What the hell am I thinking!? I smacked my head against the trunk to try and gets thoughts of that girl outta my head.
I smacked my head a bit too hard and ended up falling off the branch and smacking onto the ground the ground below.
"Ow..." i groaned.
I looked up to see that girl looking sdown on me, very annoyed.
"err...hi there," i said.
"Why'd you follow me?"
I stood up and brushed myself off, kinda emabarassed that i still hadn't got the thought that she looked cute outta my head. "Well i wanted to appologise," i said. "i was a jerk and I should have been nicer to you. I wanted to say that i really appreciate you helping me earlier and if you don't mind this loser's company I'm gonna try and make it up to you."

Mikey
4th May 2004, 06:49 PM
~Marco~
I suddenly awoke not knowing anything. I looked around to see the sky had grown dark and I was still on the beach. I quickly sat up but hit my head on the tree behind me. "Ow!" I muttered. I then noticed a few tents around. "Great, I fall asleep outside and no one bothers to wake me up!" I roared. I noticed it was a tad cold and looked to see that my shirt was still off. I grabbed the now dry blue shirt and slipped it on.
Dusting the sand off, I decided to find Alicia. I was growing very protective of her around these people. They may have been cool, but it's the job of a male friend to look out for their female friend. "Alicia?" I whispered looking into each tent...

Crystal Tears
4th May 2004, 08:45 PM
Alicia
~~~
I woke up suddenly, my sound sleep was disturbed by the mutting words from Marco.
"I'm over him.." I wispered back, the darkness was surround me again, but the dim lights of the stars and the moon brightened the night enough for me to see Marco coming into my tent. "Hi.." I muttered.
"Hey.."
"why you wake me up?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

~~~

~CT

HbCharizard
5th May 2004, 08:49 PM
Ark
~~~
I woke up, and felt around. Jennifer wasn't there. I got up and looked around. I supposed she just went out for a walk. I went over to the ocean and washed my face. Then I tried my hand at fishing again. I cought some big fish this time. and then stopped. I built a fire and cooked the fish.

"Yummmm.... Smells soooooo...good." I took a bite out of one. It felt good, seeing as I haven't ate anything, and I forgot to go to the buffet on the ship. After I finished eating one, I heard a low growl. I looked around. A bush rumbled near me. I looked, and out sprung a tiger.

"Oh CRAP!!" I screamed, running and picking up my bag. I ran into the forest. I looked ack, and the tiger was eating all my fish!!

"....Stupid Tiger" I said as I stopped by a stream. I followed the stream down, and went down the way the river was pointing at when it stopped. Before long, it started to get hot. I wondered why, and I soon found out. I walked past some trees, and found the best thing I had found on this island so far.

"A HOT SPRING!!" I screamed, jumping up and down. I can finally cook that damn Ramen in my bag. I would like to take a dip first though.....

"Meh, the food can wait, I just ate!" I said. I took of my cloths and took a dip. It felt good, just sittin there in the hot water. I relaxed and fell asleep......

Craig
9th May 2004, 03:51 PM
I am going to post later today, probably in this post (edit) but I was just wondering: How can an Island this size support a large predator like a tiger?

HbCharizard
9th May 2004, 04:41 PM
...I don't know.... Here are some reasons
1)..It's a "unknown Island", meaning we have no idea what the hell's on it.

...Thats about it.

VirtualPlay
9th May 2004, 08:25 PM
2) Who said it's a small island?
3) I have plans for that tiger, so leave him alone for now ;)

I'll post before I go to sleep, hopefully.