PDA

View Full Version : Rate/help my future Colosseum 2 on 2 team

Mitch's Bashamo
28th April 2004, 02:17 AM
I made this team this morning (1 am) while I was half asleep so don't be slack if I have sh!t Pokemon or crappy movesets. I don't know what items to have for them

Manectric
Static
Thunder/Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Attract
Crunch
EV's: Sp Attk: 255 Speed: 255

Ludicolo
Rain Dish
Rain Dance
Surf
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
EV's: HP: 252 Defense: 128 Sp Defense: 128

Rhydon
Lightning Rod/Rock Head
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Megahorn
Brick Break/Take Down
EV's: Attack: 255
Please help me thinks of EV's for Rhydon

Skarmory
Keen Eye
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Spikes
Toxic
EV's: Attack: 252 Speed: 252 Defense: 6

Machamp
Guts
Cross Chop/Revenge
Façade
Earthquake?
Rock Slide
EV's: Attack: 255
Please help me with EV's for Machamp

Alakazam
Synchronize
@Lum Berry
Psychic
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Recover
EV's: Sp Attack: 255 Speed: 255

I was pissed off when I realised that Skill Swap didn't work on Shedinja because I wanted a Wonder Guard Kecleon which would of been almost impossible to defeat.

Ludicolo and Manectric start first. Ludicolo starts with Rain Dance and Manectric will use Thunder the next go. Ludicolo uses Leech Seed then Giga Drain/Surf's the opponent to death.

Skarmory teams up with Rhydon and Machamp. If I know what Lightning Rod is Rhydon protects Skarmory from Electric attacks *correct me if I'm wrong* and Skarmory uses Toxic on Machamp and uses Facade. Facade does 70 damage and gets doubled if Poisoned, Burnt or Paralyzed and due to Guts Attack Power rises by 1.5

Ferilian
28th April 2004, 07:51 AM
Actually looks pretty good. I'll rate them in pairs...

MANECTRIC & LUDICOLO
[i]Go with Thunder on Manectric, since it gets perfecto accuracy in rain. And if you want a really annoying Ludicolo that's almost impossible to take out, give him Dive over Surf, and have him hold Leftovers. Here's how it works:

Manectric uses Thunder Wave/Attract, Ludicolo uses Rain Dance
(Ludicolo now heals w/ leftovers and rain dish)
Manectric uses Crunch/Thunder/the attack he didn't use, Ludicolo uses Leech Seed
(Ludicolo now heals w/ leftys and rain dish and seed)
Manectric repeats, Ludicolo uses Dive or Giga Drain
(Ludicolo now heals w/ leftys and rain dish and seed and drained HP or doesn't get attacked from dive)

It works really well, I wish I'd hadn't been dumb enough to not breed seed on my Ludy :angry: !

SKARMORY AND RHYDON
A few things I'd like to change. First, Skarmory isn't much of an attacker, so I'd suggest dropping drill peck or steel wing for Roar or Protect. If you do Protect, put Roar on Rhydon. Otherwise, go Brick Break on him. And definitely do Lightning Rod, it'll save Skarm from Magnetons, or any electrics at that. And I think these two should be your starters.

SKARMORY AND MACHAMP
I don't like your strategy here. I'm afraid Machamp might die from toxic, unless you're planning on constantly switching him out (which wouldn't be a very good idea). I'd suggest actaully dropping Machamp, and doing a Alakazam and Slaking thingy...

ALAKAZAM AND SLAKING
For Alakazam, do Psychic, ELEMENT Punch/Reflect/Recover, Protect, and Skill Swap. Have it hold Focus Band. For Slaking, go with Hyper Beam, Brick Break/Earthquake/Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, and Slack Off. How the it works (which is probably kinda obvious), is kazam takes truant, allowing Slaking to sweep every turn! And I've got Protect on kazam since he has little staying power and he'll only be attacking every other turn. You could also give him recover to heal, reflect to guard, or just another special attack.

I hope I helped! It's actually a good team, great combo ideas. Oh, and what's better than a wonder guard Kecleon? A wonder guard SABLEYE!!! Mwahahaha, it can't be hit by any attack, it has no weaknesses! Too bad WG can't be swapped :( .

phaedrus
28th April 2004, 12:20 PM
due to 'zams crappy hp, recover is a waste of a slot.

psychic-calmmind-thunderpunch/icepunch/firepunch

or

psychic-thunderpunch-icepunch-firepunch

i like triple-punch for type coverage. it helps ALOT.

shell bell and modest/timid work.

Mitch's Bashamo
30th April 2004, 02:01 AM
OK, now I need EV's for Rhydon and Skarmory. I'm putting Attack EV's into Rhydon but I can't think of what else to have. Should Skarmory have EV's in Speed and Defense and/or Special Defense?

phaedrus
30th April 2004, 11:46 AM
OK, now I need EV's for Rhydon and Skarmory. I'm putting Attack EV's into Rhydon but I can't think of what else to have. Should Skarmory have EV's in Speed and Defense and/or Special Defense?

have lightningrod for rhydon. takes out the mag problem.

rhydon-i'd say evs in def or spd.

skarmory-defense and attack/speed evs

One thing: If you toxic your machamp it needs rest or sumthin or it'll die. maybe lum.

Mitch's Bashamo
2nd May 2004, 01:32 AM
I'll use Slaking instead of Machamp

Don't Run With Scizors
2nd May 2004, 02:44 AM
Teach Protect to Manectric (over Attract), Ludicolo (over Giga Drain), Rhydon (over Brick Break), and Skarmory (over Steel Wing). Believe me, you'll be glad you did. Double battles involve predicting an opponent's attack and then nullifying it by abusing Protect.