PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Are traditional musical instruments dying out?

mistysakura
29th January 2003, 04:03 AM
1. Will traditional musical instruments be replaced by electronic synthesizers etc. in the future?

2. Should it, as in the logical reasons?

3. Do you want it to, as in for sentimental/ other reasons?

1. I say they probably will, since technology seems to be replacing everything 'old-fashioned'. Unless they come up wiath something more technologically advanced than the electronic instruments...

2. I'm undecided. Electronic instruments could be really useful. Learning one instrument would mean learning all of them. Also, we all know how expensive things like bassons and pianos are.

However, I don't think they'll ever be able to reproduce the timbre and sound in general exactly Okay, maybe they will, but I think they can't.

3. No, I don't want them to die out, I love the instruments as they are. Besides, can you imagine an orchestra full of electronic gizmos? (I do know I sound like an anti-technology granny, but at least my points kindof make sense)

Ultimate Charizard
30th January 2003, 09:35 AM
Sorry but electronic pop etc will never replace real instruments. And if your talking about Orchestral stuff just look up a guy called John Williams.
Hes the one behind the musical scores for most of the Big movies. Infact if it werent for those tunes then i would say those movies wouldnt have been quite so good.

As a demonstration of his power hes done......

Jaws
Star Wars
Independance Day
Back to the Future
Jurrassic Park

I could keep going bu i think u get the picture.