PDA

View Full Version : Darkyouth's Yu Gi Oh Deck Report #3 Plus some personal comments~

Dark-San
30th April 2004, 10:25 PM
As of lately in the forum due to some misunderstandings of 2 different pool of ppl. One bunch of them that supports Chaos Deck and another batch of them that downgrades the power of Chaos. Yes I must agree with YY aka Yoh Asakura that Chaos Decks may be overplayed by players. However when it comes down to mastering the techniques, not many ppl can actually do it. Especially when the new ban list comes into activation, like Darwin's theory of evolution, Chaos Decks too begin to take many forms. I've seen hybrid Chaos decks for example the most popular ones are DDV Chaos, Graveyard Control and Warrior.

DDV Chaos Deck! 'Nuff say. I've posted the deck so many times and I'm very sure majority of the players would hav already understand how this deck works. The strategy for this deck is to drop your opponent's heavy attack monster and you limit their hand to deprive them of high lv monsters. In this way, you yourself can first get to view their hand and understand their situation. Secondly you get to summoned Chaos creatures to take out those weaker lv monsters. Its like killing 2 birds with one stone.

Graveyard Control? Well this seems interesting~ I doubt not many ppl here actually knows this deck is. For short, this deck is an Anti Chaos Chaos Deck. Still seem difficult to understand what this deck do? Well the main component of this deck would be Kycoos and Remains of Anubis. Besides the Remain of Anubis, they also run 3 Magician of Faith with Dark Magician of Chaos. I myself don't know how this deck is actually run.

Warrior? As I have mentioned earlier Reinforcement of the Army. Yupz tis is a pure warrior decks. The only Chaos Deck that is very similiar with Beatdowns. Just basically summon Marudin Captain with any other Warrior attached United we stand and go on the attacking spree.

These are only the main types of Chaos decks that I've seen so far. God knows how many different types of other Chaos Deck are out there. The pros so far as I know, they are combining strategies from the last 2 mentioned decks to form a new breed of Chaos Deck. I posted all these to let ya ppl know the diversity that Chaos Deck have these days. They're not just the normal 'CED + Witch/ Sankan = Yata Lockdown' deck, you used to know.

@PKMN Master~ Besides I only get fed up upon seeing PKMN Master's first comment on Chaos Decks in SageofDarkness' topic. Its like implying that all Chaos Deck players are no brainers. You know I got my butt kicked 10 overtimes proberly more even I'm using my Chaos Deck. And pls PKMN Master, Chaos Decks are not the easiest way to win.

@YY~ You still can hav fun using Chaos Decks. However as far as tournaments are concerned, there is no such thing call 'fun' anymore. Its down to serious bussiness when you hav to beat the best that the tournament has to offer and fight your way to the top with your very own deck.

Ok now back to the topic *Phew~* *Breathes a heavy sign of relief* Finally I can get this load off my chest... Ok YY has lately suggested to me on building a decent Machine/ Chaos Deck. And yupz I've to agree with him that the only reasonable light type creatures that we can used for this deck are only Reflect Bounder and X head Cannon.

Hey but I was thinking YY is only half correct. We can always used Z Metal Tank too. Using their combined effect, we can easily get out their fusion counterpart easily. In this way, we can hav a better monster on the field. I got this idea from a former friend's deck and there we already have the fun part. To make this deck more serious, we hav to add in the Chaos element.

Ok heres my analysis on how to build the deck:

The below list are cards which I feel that we should put in the deck,

Pot of Greed*
Angel's Gift*
Tempest*
Theft*
Black Hole*
Witch of the Black Forest
Sankan

Don't you doods just agree to this list? Since Harpie, Raigeki and Change of Heart has been banned. Ain't the top 5 cards of the above list the new stapled cards after the big 3 got banned? O yupz and who can leave out the 2 most important creature search engines?

Especially for this deck, I was thinking of adding these cards:

302-028
FRONT LINE BASE *As recommended by the former friend too*
Permanent Magic
Once during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or
lower Union Monster from your hand. You can use this effect only
once per turn.
(Translation from Edo's website)

Comments: In order summon Z Cannon Head out faster from the hand, this is a good card.

Limiter Removal is a must card for every machine deck. You chain three of these cards on a Machine Type during Damage Step and your opponent is as good as dead.

So without further a do, here the deck,

Creatures [17]
X Head Cannon [3]
Z Metal Tank [3]
Black Forest Witch
Critter
Magical Scientist
Shocker
Drillago [2]
Reflect Bounder
Killer Snake
EX Virus
Chaos Soldier- Envoy of the Begining
Chaos Emperor Dragon- Envoy of the End

Magic [16]
Pot of Greed
Angel's Gift
Mirage of Nightmare
Cyclone [3]
Tempest
Theft
Black Hole
Emissary of Obliteration
Limiter Removal [3]
Front Line Base
Raise Dead
Early Burial

Trap [7]
Magic Drain [2]
Holy Barrier- Mirror Force
Cry of the Living Dead
Destruction Ring
Tidal Wave
Sixth Sense

Fusion Pile:
Metal Dragon [3]
XZ-Tank Cannon [3]
Red Crimson Bird [3]
Dark Flare Knight [3]
Dark Baltar the Terrible [3]
Ryu Senshi [2]
Thousand Eyes Restrict [3]

Yupz heres the alpha version of the deck~ Any comments pls feel free to comment on the deck~

SWAMPERT1
30th April 2004, 10:47 PM
Well it looks good but I was thinking, for a Chaos deck wouldn't Magic Jammer be better than Magic Drain because of the discarding effect. This would alow you to dump more light and Dark Monsters into the graveyard? Anywho besides that all looks well. Good job.

Yoh Asakura
1st May 2004, 03:34 AM
You said Pure deck, it aint Pure =]

"Its down to serious bussiness when you hav to beat the best that the tournament has to offer and fight your way to the top with your very own deck."

I refuse to call anybody who runs a Chaos deck in a tourniment anywhere near good. A n00b to the game can get a basic Chaos deck list, collect the cards and win a tourniment with it, to me that's not being good or fun.

Anywho, you have the Awesome Sphear Bomb for a Dark Machine that you have forgot to include!?!?! You also have Mech Chaser, thse strongest Level 4 Machine monster there is, not to mention it's Dark.

Nice Alpha though.

Dark-San
1st May 2004, 05:59 AM
A n00b to the game can get a basic Chaos deck list, collect the cards and win a tourniment with it, to me that's not being good or fun.

Come on dood, we hav ppl here playing for like 6 years and they are still using Chaos Decks. So you are calling them noobs? -_-" Yes a noob may get a basic list of a Chaos deck and build one him/herself but is he/she gottan survive the fury of each rounds?

Remember techniques are very important to a Chaos Deck as well. So even you hav the basic elements, how are you gotta use them is a different questions...

Spear Bomb is too small a creature to be included in this deck. I prefer Drillago over Mech Chaser because of its awesome effect. The ability to do direct damage to your opponent when his/her monsters is bigger than yours. Hey lets say we chain 3 Limiter Removal on it? Wouldn't it be as good as deducting the lifepoint of your opponent?

Yoh Asakura
1st May 2004, 06:10 AM
And then being Emmied/Forced/Cylindered/Goated/Skilled that'd leave you wide open for a direct attack by there strong ass monster next turn.

I dunno anybody who's been playing for 4+ years who uses a Chaos deck anymore, it's either Water/DDV/Warrior/Animal. Altron may use it to piss me off now and again but then he switches to a fun deck.

Anywho, this still aint pure :P

Roarkiller
2nd May 2004, 07:31 AM
The Busybody Strikes Back.

I do know of one similarity in all card games, and thats how you play ur deck. Every game, no matter MTG, pkmn, YGH or Digimon, its not what u have in ur deck that wins the game, its how u use the cards. U can build the strongest deck there is and give it to a total n00b and he still won't win against someone who knows his own deck back to front and total confidence in it.

After all, if any chaos deck is easy to win with, then we wont have any top players since everyone should be winning and losing with equal regularity.

Thats logic for u.

DarkTemplarZ
2nd May 2004, 09:06 AM
I hate standard Chaos decks, especially in English. These people think they're so clever, running scientist, yata, CED, CS, ect. Anybody with half a brain can make, run, and win with a deck like that. And that is why English sucks, everybody follows and nobody tries to make their own decks.

Anyway, as for DY, that's a Chaos deck? o.O Mixing types like that, not a good idea methinks. Running an XYZ deck and a Chaos deck in one is not really smart, they're completely different. Besides, why just get XZ when you can get the godlike XYZ Dragon Cannon?

PKMN Master
2nd May 2004, 11:57 PM
I hate standard Chaos decks, especially in English. These people think they're so clever, running scientist, yata, CED, CS, ect. Anybody with half a brain can make, run, and win with a deck like that. And that is why English sucks, everybody follows and nobody tries to make their own decks.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better. Do you see what I mean Darkyouth? before you make a generalization, you should read carefully what i'm trying to say... i really didn't intended to say that ALL chaos players are brainless... If you take it personally... well, that's not my problem... and I can't see an easier way to win than chaos, except for a match against a 5 year-old who's just learned how to play...

The Busybody Strikes Back.

I do know of one similarity in all card games, and thats how you play ur deck. Every game, no matter MTG, pkmn, YGH or Digimon, its not what u have in ur deck that wins the game, its how u use the cards. U can build the strongest deck there is and give it to a total n00b and he still won't win against someone who knows his own deck back to front and total confidence in it.

After all, if any chaos deck is easy to win with, then we wont have any top players since everyone should be winning and losing with equal regularity.

Thats logic for u.
Of course, it all depends on the player... but there are some players that just can't stand to lose, and use a cheap, overused and common way to ensure their "position". At least, I play this game just for fun, not just for the vain glory of victory...

as for the deck, is it gonna be TCG or OCG? Around here there isn't any banned list, so I don't see any problems using some of the good ol' staples...

c ya

Dark-San
4th May 2004, 03:40 AM
Please take a very good look at your first post k?

It would have been interesting to make it original and different... since it's a chaos deck, just copy paste it from somewhere else... it's not much of a brainer to use chaos sorry if I offend anyone, but it's the truth...

:sleep: 'Its not much of a brainer to use chaos' I'm not making any generalization. Yes you didn't put the word 'All' but you didn't put in the word 'some' or 'minority' either. -_-"

PKMN Master
4th May 2004, 11:43 AM
Please take a very good look at your first post k?

:sleep: 'Its not much of a brainer to use chaos' I'm not making any generalization. Yes you didn't put the word 'All' but you didn't put in the word 'some' or 'minority' either. -_-"

Two more things: You are generalizing... the word "all" isn't there, and you're the one putting it there... as a matter of fact, you manipulated my words to make them sound at your convenience... at least to me, it's not that difficult to use a chaos deck... in case u didn't know "not much of a brainer" is an expression...

and again, if you take that comment as personal, as I said before, it's not my problem... if you're a confident duelist, then why would you make such a mess with somebody else's opinion? just to let u know, I respect you for your expertise in the game, but at least I think you should act more maturely, and accept other people's opinion without manipulating their words ok?

c ya

Dark-San
5th May 2004, 08:51 AM
Well I'm not acting immaturely or watever. I'm trying to point out that your comments then are uncalled for... I mean when everybody is suggesting suitable monsters for TPM's very own Yu Gi Oh deck. And here you come along and ruin the fun by posting that ridiculous comments of yours. It is not only ridiculous, it is also unrelated to the topic.

Its like we say in Chinese idiom, Pouring in Cold Water. What upsets me that tis is the group's first attempt at reviving the situation we hav here and your first post ruin everything by spoiling everybody's mood. If you want so much to post that comment, you can do it at a new topic but y at SageofDarkness's topic? Just take it that I'm chiding you~

Yoh Asakura
5th May 2004, 12:57 PM
Woooo! flame on baby! Even gonna make that PURE machine deck with chaos DY =P hehehe

PKMN Master
5th May 2004, 03:09 PM
Well I'm not acting immaturely or watever. I'm trying to point out that your comments then are uncalled for... I mean when everybody is suggesting suitable monsters for TPM's very own Yu Gi Oh deck. And here you come along and ruin the fun by posting that ridiculous comments of yours. It is not only ridiculous, it is also unrelated to the topic.

Its like we say in Chinese idiom, Pouring in Cold Water. What upsets me that tis is the group's first attempt at reviving the situation we hav here and your first post ruin everything by spoiling everybody's mood. If you want so much to post that comment, you can do it at a new topic but y at SageofDarkness's topic? Just take it that I'm chiding you~

There was were they posted the final results, and I was dissapointed... the only ridiculous things here are your attitude and your grammar.

And changing subject: is this gonna be an english deck right? and from what I can see a machine-chaos one... for light types that might be useful there's a light-type one with an interesting effect, and should be quite fun to use: Roulette Barrel. Roll a dice, and destroy a monster in the field with the same number... you can destroy one of your opponent's monster, but if it destroys itself, it'll go to the graveyard... i think it might even surprise your opponent, as he sees how you destroy your own monster, unaware of what's coming next... just a thought :p

c ya

Dark-San
5th May 2004, 08:41 PM
If its the spelling mistakes you mean, I'll edit them. Look here dood~

Stop changing the subject here. First of all, you ruin everybody's mood. We're just discussing about TPM's very first Yu Gi Oh deck. Then you came along and posted in that topic after which nobody seem to be bother to reply on that topic anymore.

Secondly its unrelated, we're discussing on Monsters that is suitable for the deck. We need suggestions not some lame remarks on Chaos. If you don't want to suggest anything constructive, then just keep your damn mouth shut.

The third point is what makes me mad is that I myself is a regular Chaos player. And even if your comments doesn't suggest all Chaos players, it still bothers me a lot. The top 5 players in my country are all Chaos players. And one of them was even ranked 2nd in a tournament held in Japan.

If you can't even win a Chaos Deck, blame it on yourself. Chaos Decks are so easy to beat. I have been winning Chaos Decks in a regular basis using other decks. There is a constant pattern on how Chaos Deck is being run. If you can figure out that pattern and break it, you will proberly find yourself on a winning streak against Chaos Decks too.

BTW, this isn't an English deck. I posted this deck as suggested by YY. Its not a continuation of Sage's topic~

@YY~ I tried running a pure deck and boy it doesn't works well. First the pure deck was too vunerable to EX virus. Secondly this deck got run over by Chaos Pod and Man eater bugs. So yupz thats the reason why I threw in other sub types as well as scientist.

@Dark Templarz~ Yupz I was thinking of running a full XYZ deck but like YY had said. There is not a chance that they will all be on the field at the same time. So yupz just Those two machines will do.

PKMN Master
6th May 2004, 12:59 AM
If its the spelling mistakes you mean, I'll edit them. Look here dood~

Stop changing the subject here. First of all, you ruin everybody's mood. We're just discussing about TPM's very first Yu Gi Oh deck. Then you came along and posted in that topic after which nobody seem to be bother to reply on that topic anymore.

Secondly its unrelated, we're discussing on Monsters that is suitable for the deck. We need suggestions not some lame remarks on Chaos. If you don't want to suggest anything constructive, then just keep your damn mouth shut.

The third point is what makes me mad is that I myself is a regular Chaos player. And even if your comments doesn't suggest all Chaos players, it still bothers me a lot. The top 5 players in my country are all Chaos players. And one of them was even ranked 2nd in a tournament held in Japan.

If you can't even win a Chaos Deck, blame it on yourself. Chaos Decks are so easy to beat. I have been winning Chaos Decks in a regular basis using other decks. There is a constant pattern on how Chaos Deck is being run. If you can figure out that pattern and break it, you will proberly find yourself on a winning streak against Chaos Decks too.

BTW, this isn't an English deck. I posted this deck as suggested by YY. Its not a continuation of Sage's topic~

@YY~ I tried running a pure deck and boy it doesn't works well. First the pure deck was too vunerable to EX virus. Secondly this deck got run over by Chaos Pod and Man eater bugs. So yupz thats the reason why I threw in other sub types as well as scientist.

@Dark Templarz~ Yupz I was thinking of running a full XYZ deck but like YY had said. There is not a chance that they will all be on the field at the same time. So yupz just Those two machines will do.

1. It's your mood I'm ruining... and after that post, many people replied, yourself included.

2. The poll final results were posted there, and I thought we were able to make comments about it.

3. If it bothers you, then there must be something right about it? like we say in spanish, "la verdad no duele, pero incomoda"... and that the top 5 players in Japan are chaos players is not a shocker... if a zombie, water, burn or even a beatdown was on that top 5 I would be impressed.

4. I didn't say it's difficult to beat a chaos deck, it is BORING. and if they are so easy to beat, why don't you change to another more difficult type?

5. This whole situation is just for one comment. If you were mature enough, you should have just let it go a long time ago... and you would have even realized that other people also made rude comments about chaos, and the only one that really got you was mine... geez, it's just a game, and you're supposed to have fun, no matter whether you win or lose... it was the same thing with pkmn, everyone used the very same pkmn on their teams, and that is what drove me off the game... if you can't difference that from real life and you're obsesed with winning, then you've got a serious problem.

6. If you want to discuss this, then contact me on aim...

c ya.