PDA

View Full Version : Celebi...?

Carbonite4
1st May 2004, 09:25 PM
I was looking through Nintendo's guide on Colosseum and it says one of the obtainable Pokemon either through Co. or RS is Celebi. At first, I dismissed this as a trading thing, but I noticed that it doesn't mention Pokemon like Cyndaquil. So...what's the deal? Is Celebi really obtainable in this game?

HavoX
1st May 2004, 09:35 PM
Nope, sorry. Celebi was only obtainable in a Japanese Bonus Disk

FusionSonicX
2nd May 2004, 11:39 AM
Yep, You can't get it. Even when you go to the Relic Stone in the forest of your friends Grandpranets' village, you can't catch it, but you can see it flutter above your Shadow Pokémon.

Carbonite4
2nd May 2004, 01:27 PM
Blast. Then why, I wonder, does Nintendo label it as a usable Pokemon...?

DarkestLight
2nd May 2004, 03:48 PM
o.O...This is probably a "no" but..

If people had access to the Japanese Preorder Disc...couldn't they load that onto their GC's and catch Serebii? Or would the Disc not work {Which is what I'm thinking}

I only ask that because ofthe compatability between the Japanese Pokemon Box and the American Colosseum and stuff.

Serebii of SPP
2nd May 2004, 06:07 PM
o.O...This is probably a "no" but..

If people had access to the Japanese Preorder Disc...couldn't they load that onto their GC's and catch Serebii? Or would the Disc not work {Which is what I'm thinking}

I only ask that because ofthe compatability between the Japanese Pokemon Box and the American Colosseum and stuff.
What it does, is it scans your save file and if you met certain criterea...it placed it in your box

There ius a difference in US and Japanese save files...it would not work

RattataGuy
2nd May 2004, 09:52 PM
Blast. Then why, I wonder, does Nintendo label it as a usable Pokemon...?
Where does it say that in the guide?

rinku
2nd May 2004, 10:56 PM
Once Celebi is transferred to a GBA cart, it would be possible to trade it to a US Ruby or Sapphire cart. That is why it has to be listed as available. Heck, there are people who have imported all this stuff and legitimately have Celebi.

Technically obtainable - just not very.

Carbonite4
3rd May 2004, 03:39 PM
Where does it say that in the guide?

At the end, in the Available Pokemon pages.

Grass:
Bayleef
Bellossom
Breloom
Cacnea
Cacturne
Celebi
Cradily
Etc...

Chikorita isn't mentioned which is available if you breed and trade. It find it odd that they mention Celebi and NOT Cyndaquil or anything else like that.

Number1ChanseyFan
4th May 2004, 08:45 AM
At the end, in the Available Pokemon pages.

Grass:
Bayleef
Bellossom
Breloom
Cacnea
Cacturne
Celebi
Cradily
Etc...

Chikorita isn't mentioned which is available if you breed and trade. It find it odd that they mention Celebi and NOT Cyndaquil or anything else like that.

I have the same guide book too. I have no idea why Celebi is listed in the obtainable Pokémon list, but it is. The reason that Chikorita and Cyndaquil are not listed is because you have to breed to get them. Nintendo chose to not list any of the Pokémon that you would get from breeding a female Colosseum Pokémon. Maybe they just included Celebi because it plays such an important part in Colosseum, or maybe Nintendo is planning on having a special promotion (e-reader?) offering Celebi in the near future.

Carbonite4
4th May 2004, 06:54 PM
Or maybe they want to F with my mind.

Darien Shields
7th May 2004, 03:12 AM
How many of the Bonus discs were made? Is there anywhere that sells them online? I've got a Japanese Sapphire, so I'm very interested in getting the disc.

Lemme guess, it works like the Jirachii discs, yeah?