PDA

View Full Version : madelyn's random thoughts. eep.

Madelyn151
29th January 2003, 11:56 AM
effort values... has anybody actually raised a pokemon to L100? i'd like to know what their stats look like. because i'm starting to believe in effort values, even though i don't want to (ugh.). it would explain the totally rigged defensive moves... i mean, let's say... you have 510 effort values to use, right? 255 gives you max stats... you get 2 max stats at most, and then your other stats are total crapola. i mean... it's nice, the "every pokemon is different" thing, but i don't wanna bother raising some pokemon up to L100 to have it have stats of, like, 147. >.<

...and yeah. english midterms are the very definition of evil.

The Muffin Man
29th January 2003, 12:30 PM
No one has confirmed what we THINK effort values do. So there is no way to know if your pokemon cannot get fully maxed stats, or only 2 maxed stats.

Oddish17
29th January 2003, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a new Effort Value system, as people I've seen with level 100 pokemon complained about their horrid stats. This also helps combat a major problem in tournaments and link battling: sharking. If they shark max stats, well you'll know they cheated, and can proceed to kick them in the nads for cheating.

The Muffin Man
29th January 2003, 03:03 PM
Actually, horrid stats could be due to Rare Candy. I really doubt anyones gotten a pokemon to lvl 100 by hand -_-;

Raichu748
29th January 2003, 07:36 PM
*really shouldn't be here but just really quickly*

Saanito: Raised from level 6, currently at 62

HP=178, Attack= 89, Defense= 106, Special Attack= 184, Special Defense= 173, and Speed=141

Um, I guess that can be helpful ... :\

*must get off computer, now!*

SilverPersian
29th January 2003, 07:59 PM
Well I guess if your pokemon do have horrid stats, it wont really matter because everyone elses will too :[

And that saanaitos stats look good for lv 62. But maybe he's used up all the EV already :<

GoldDraconian
29th January 2003, 08:11 PM
Well, a 1337 h4x0r could confirm or deny these suspicions pretty quickly...

"*5 seconds of haxxoring*

Yep."

AFAIK they use the effort value thing... if not, people are way, WAY off of max stat exp. :p

I think anyone playing the ROM could in fact raise a guy or two to lv 100 fairly quickly, if they actually played regularly...

soggy_cardboard
29th January 2003, 09:44 PM
i can raise a pokemon to lvl 100 with out sharking/rare candy, but only in crystal. maybe because it plays twice as slow. usually train up my favs(aipom, azumaril)

in crystal if battle every wild/trainer pokemon with one single pkmn (eg ur starter) u can get him to lvl 100 by the time u are about to face ash.

in r/s i found if u train 1-2 pokemon hardcore, by the time u get to minamo, the effort value is maxed out. (eg: they cant have any steriods)

it all depends how patient u are. the best ive done on r/s is trained a sharked pidgey and an aipom to bout lvl 33, where the daycare center is. But that gets boring fast...

my max lvl in r/s is probally lvl6 to lvl 70 just after the elite.