PDA

View Full Version : Netbattle Team, Still Testing (In need of nicknames)

TheBlueDragon
2nd May 2004, 06:44 PM
Hi, you. I'm startig to play online now, in Netbattle (great program, btw ;P), Advance Plus mode (386).
I was pounded and trashed enough, so i'm trying to get a little more competitive. XD Then, i ended up w/ this:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy, Nature: Impish
129 HP, 129 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Drill Peck
Toxic
Spikes
Roar

- I think this is standard. Quick spikes/toxic pokémon, and also a pseudohazer. High Def and decent Sp.Def, and little weaknesses.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy, Nature: Impish
252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp.Def
Wrap
Toxic
Protect
Rest

- Tanklike annoyer/toxitrapper. Y'know the drill, Wrap, Toxic, Protect, Wrap, Protect, Wrap, Protect... Rest when needed. =P

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure, Nature: Timid
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp.Atk
Surf
Calm Mind
Rest
Roar

- Another tank + special sweeper. Calm Mind, Rest then sweep w/ Surf. Roar for Vaporeon/Quagsire and pseudohazing.

Gengar @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Levitate, Nature: Timid
6 HP, 252 Spd, 252 Sp.Atk
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Dark, 70)
Dream Eater

- Special Sweeper. Dream Eater is more of a filler move, just in case anyone rests while battling it. (more damage than psychic + recovery).

Tauros @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate, Nature: Jolly
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Return
Hidden Power (Rock, 70)
Earthquake
Facade

- Choice physical sweeper. Facade is a filler move, also. With a status condition on, it's better than Return.

Hitmonlee @ Salac Berry
Trait: Limber, Nature: Jolly
252 Atk, 6 Def, 252 Spd
Focus Punch
Hidden Power (Ghost, 70)
Substitute
Reversal

- Test i'm doing. Sub+Reversal combo (sub until you have 1 hp left - it can't kill you - and reversal away with salac's bonus.) should work right, but apparently hitmonlee isn't fast enough for it. Maybe I could put Endure over either Focus Punch or HP Ghost. Focus Punch for those who don't attack when you sub, and Hidden Power for ghosts. (EDIT: 31 HP IV + 6 HP EVs Hitmonlee has 242 HP, so I took them for Def - not that it'll change much. - Sub+Reversal needs an odd-numbered HP stat to work properly. And I can't change the IVs 'cause of Hidden Power.)

2x Weaknesses: Electric (Skarmory/Suicune), Psychic (Gengar/Hitmonlee)
3x Weaknesses: None (/)

There ya go. Take a look, please, see if you can make this better (probably. XP) and post here \o/. If you cared to read this much, then read the rest. I have no imagination whatsoever for decent nicknames, so could anyone help on that also?

Thanks in advance,
TheBlueDragon

Don't Run With Scizors
2nd May 2004, 10:13 PM
I don't care much about everything else, but...

1) If you're new to online battling, don't use Shuckle. Use a Blissey with max Defense as your tank.

2) I set my Hitmonlee's HP DV to 3 so I could maintain a 70 base HP Ghost and switch it in to a Blissey's Seismic Toss while still keeping HP at a level that I could use Substitute two more times and still have Reversal at max power. Mine was also Adamant. However, a Jolly Medicham works way, way, better, and has Shadow Ball to boot.

3) Gengar: try Shadow Ball\Sludge Bomb, Focus Punch, Destiny Bond, and Substitute. Don't forget your maxed attack and Adamant personality, too.

TheBlueDragon
4th May 2004, 07:00 PM
Ok, so i'll reply to this (while bumping for more answers =p)

1) Why not use Shuckle? And what moveset/item/evs would Blissey have?

2) As for this, i've never seen a seismic tossing Blissey in netbattle while playing. And it's working fine the way it is right now =P

3) But Gengar is supposed to be my Special Sweeper - -' It's my only current way to deal with low sp.def/high def pokémon, AND water-types. And I already have a subpuncher on my team =p

phaedrus
4th May 2004, 07:14 PM
2) As for this, i've never seen a seismic tossing Blissey in netbattle while playing. And it's working fine the way it is right now =P

seismictoss
softboiled
counter
aromatherapy

learn to hate it.

for nicks think up a theme and then maybe i can help with nicks.