PDA

View Full Version : POLL - My 4000th post + random stuff! ^_^

Angel Blossom
2nd May 2004, 10:46 PM
Well, I now have exactly 4000 posts here at TPM. Heh, not that it's all that important for some of us, seeing that a lot of members have a larger amount of posts. But you have to admit that it's a whole lot of 'em. The # of posts don't really mean anything to most people, but still, just wanted to point it out. XD Anyway, I thought that I'd make this one more special by posting a Poll too. Not anything special or original, but it should be interesting - hopefully. ^^;;;

After reading it, I guess it has to do with how you are & your health conditions.. sort of! Please keep in mind the rules of PCG and try adding some quality to your replies if you usually don't. *smiles* :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

» Do you consider yourself to be a good student? What kind of grades do you usually get?

» Which do you do more - watch television or browse the internet? Why?

» Do you consume a lot of junk food during the day, or would you say that you eat healthily?

» Do you think you have a healthy hygiene? Why or why not?

» Do you have a sunburn, tan, or.. would you say you need more sunlight? (:P)

» Odd Question - how long are your nails?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, I really hope ya'll like the questions. ^^ Here are my answers:

1) I'm a -decent- student, but not someone who's ultra-bright or anything out of the ordinary. I study for the subjects I know I need some help on. My grades usually consist of a few A's, B's, and sometimes I get a C or two on subjects that I'm no good on. Oh well, it's relieving to know that I am passing all of my classes, though. '^^

2) I definately browse the internet a lot more, like some of us. I watch TV too, but I know that I spend a longer amount of time here than in front of the other screen, lol. Besides, these days there aren't a lot of entertaining sitcoms or cartoons on. If I do watch TV, it's usually just old reruns of past sitcoms.

3) I always eat quite healthily, actually. Some person once called me a rabbit because I always eat vegetables & fruits when I'm hungry. My parents are freaks.. in a good way.. they rarely buy me junk food unless there's a party or if I beg them to. XD They also don't buy me fast food so often, too. So, compared to a lot of people, I guess you could say that I do eat healthily.

4) Of course! I think it's a little gross when anyone has a bad hygiene, so I always take care of myself. XD Not much to say here.. I clean my face with cleansers to make sure I don't get irritations or blemishes, ALWAYS brush my teeth, take showers daily, etc. My hair is nice and clean all the time too, lol. Yup. XP

5) I have a tan, finally! It's been quite sunny & warm where I live, and since we've been playing softball for PE for the past 2 weeks, I have an almost all-around tan. ^^; It's a good thing that I get to wear shorts for physical education.. even though it's coed... so it's a good thing that I'm not fat. o_o"

6) Not too long, not too short. I can't grow them out too much or else they get all retarded. :P

Red Angel
2nd May 2004, 11:05 PM
» Do you consider yourself to be a good student? What kind of grades do you usually get?

I'm an alright student, overall... about a high B average... stupid Physics class <grumbles>

Internet, for sure. The TV gets no love from me... it's only on to watch news and the occasional movie.

» Do you consume a lot of junk food during the day, or would you say that you eat healthily?

I eat relatively healtily, most of the time. Junk food... well, depends. I can go many days without any and then I'll just eat junk food for no reason. I'm weird :P

Yeah... you know, brushing teeth, showers, etc.

I'm probably good with the sunlight as is... it's been really sunny here recently. I don't tan very well, though... it takes many, many days of sunlight to get a tan.

Short, unless I'm lazy.

Syberia
2nd May 2004, 11:28 PM
1) I'm ok, though I'm a bit (well ok, maybe a little more than that) lazy most of the time. Like I don't study for tests even when I need to. Probably the only reason I get mostly A's and B's is because I'm pretty good at remembering things. Though I've got a D in English right now. That's definitely not my subject :<.

2) Internet, like most people here. Don't get me wrong, TV's nice, but there's just not that many shows on that I like. Besides, you can't just turn on the TV any time and watch anything you want like you can pretty much do with the internet.

3) Yeah, lol. All the time. My entire family's guilty of that. We never cook much, and end up pretty much living on fast food and frozen food. We're not fat or unhealthy or anything, so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

4) Yeah, I hope so. Brushing teeth, taking showers, washing face, etc.

5) Not unless a farmers' tan counts. I'm white, so I don't seem to get tan.

6) Pretty short. Just cut them yesterday in fact.

Jay
2nd May 2004, 11:36 PM
I don't know. I've been out of school for a while now, and I just got back into schooling this year. :/ Haven't received any grades yet.

Browse the internet because I have no television. :p

I definitely am not healthy. But I would like to be. =P

I brush my teeth a lot and I have showers regularly, so I guess so.

I don't need more sunlight, but I don't have a tan nor am I sunburnt. I'm in the house a lot. Plus, exposure to ultraviolet rays often is deadly.

I have to keep them pretty short because I bowl. When I try to grow them long and I bowl, I break my nails. :x Like yesterday. :X

RedStarWarrior
3rd May 2004, 12:08 AM
I get good grades and consider myself to be a good student.

I do both at the same time.

I usually eat healthy.

Cleanliness is key! I have to keep myself clean in order to attract the ladies.

I need more sunlight.

Less than 1/32".

abunaidesu
3rd May 2004, 12:10 AM
Congrats Kris, I knew you could do it. California for life~

Bad grades. Bad student. I got my last two report cards and burned them, though.

I do both at the same time.

Junk Food on weekends every night, and every other day is vegetables and meat.

Yes because I care about myself ^__^

» Do you have a sunburn, tan, or.. would you say you need more sunlight?
Tan :P

Not that long.

shazza
3rd May 2004, 12:54 AM
-I guess I am quite a good student, in marks anyway. I like to mess around and then I get sent out sometimes, but when I mess around I can also listen. So the teachers get really suprised at my test results.

-I can do both at the same time, like Steph.

-I don't have much junk fruit at home, and I get take away very rarely. I usually just have a sandwich or something as a snack, at school I sometimes consume junk food though.

-I usually do. I shower every night during school, but one time I decided to become real lazy and didn't shower for a week. I brush my teeth daily.

-I have a tan.

-Quite short, although I am going to be cutting them tonight.

Zak
3rd May 2004, 01:42 AM
Congrats Kris!! *waves*

1. Nah... B's and C's. Haven't gotten an A in a while.

2. Internet by a long shot. Haven't watched TV in a while. Although thanks Kris, you've given me a new idea for a pastime :D. lol

3. I guess. Well, filling up on Dr. Pepper would count as Junk Food, and I do that every day XD. I certainly eat cookies... so yeah. Oddly enough though, I'm pretty skinny. Then again, I usually refuse to come down to dinner cause I happen to be busy (Yes AIM people, that is why I eat at odd times. It's ME alone, not my family). So yeah, I pretty much eat when I feel like it, just to sustain myself. I'm picky when it comes to food, there are lots of things I dislike.

4. Sure, I shower frequently and brush every day. Although my braces and rubber bands are starting to piss me off to the extent of me forgetting sometimes...

5. Not quite yet, but I'm going camping soon so hopefully I'll get my annual tan :)

6. Short. I bite them :P

~Zak

Dean
3rd May 2004, 06:40 AM
Do you consider yourself to be a good student? What kind of grades do you usually get?

My average this semester is about 93-94... theres an assembly today for academic awards and I've got like the 2nd or 3rd highest average in my grade. So I guess i'm a pretty good student!

I don't really browse the internet, but I do spend more time on here than watching TPM. Probably because theres awesome people like Kris to talk to :)

Shower every day, brush my teeth 3 times a day, eat healthy, and work out... I'd say thats pretty adequate hygiene!

It's snowing outside. Hopefully that gives you an answer.

I don't have nails!

Congrats on 4000 posts Kris :) *hugs*

Lady Vulpix
3rd May 2004, 07:27 AM
Curious poll...

Yes, I'd say I'm quite good at it. I've never failed a subject at university, and most people who study there have. As for my grades, the average is 8 point something at the moment, if that means anything to you (which probably shouldn't).

Browse the Internet, because I spend most of my rare free time here on TPM, and even my work for university requires using the Internet most of the time, whether it's to get necessary information, upload things or just communicate through e-mail.

I'm a healthy person. At least as far as what passes through my mouth goes, I've been called crazy more than once. http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/wink.txt

I think I do. I've never got sick for lack of it. O_o And this wasn't the odd question?

» Do you have a sunburn, tan, or... would you say you need more sunlight? (:P)
No, I have a slightly pinkish white tone that doesn't go away. I don't think I need more sunlight, though. I can't get a tan under normal conditions, I don't want to get sunburnt and I have nothing against my natural skin color, nor am I willing to spend 4 hours a day under the sun for a whole month to see if it changes at all.

*Picks ruler.* Let's see... I think they're an average of 1.3 cm long (about half an inch or so, I think). Some are longer than others.

phaedrus
3rd May 2004, 12:01 PM
sure. A- and above. except for math, B and above.
internet. the only shows worth watching now are csi and alias =D omg the season finale is gonna be awsome =X
i forget to eat snack.
mostly. just my teeth are a bit yellowish after i forget to brush my teeth in the morning on weekdays.
probably more sun.
» Odd Question - how long are your nails? not even at my fingertips. i'm paranoid with them. so i cut them really short. then my fingers hurt.

Kris
3rd May 2004, 01:20 PM

<<I used to get mainly A's and B's with the odd few C's chucked in. But Ive left school now!

<<Internet mainly, more fun I guess!

<<I eat way too much junk food!

<<I shower every day but because my job involves a lot of physical activity, I do kind of stink every now and then!

<<Im just getting voer sunburn (see poll) but my arms are slightly tanned.

<< Not very, I cant keep them under my ski gloves of there long!

Syberia
3rd May 2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Dean:
I don't really browse the internet, but I do spend more time on here than watching TPM.
Freud is rofling in his grave.

SupremeChampion
3rd May 2004, 10:53 PM

1.) Yes, A's and B's.
2.) i watch tv more, because i don't usually get enough free time for either (you know he is Syberia).
3.) i eat rather healthily
4.) yea, for the most part. i clean myself regularly.
5.) i'm italian... need i say more?
6.) very short! (just got them cut :lol: )

~The Italian Stallion

Drago
4th May 2004, 05:24 AM
Congratulatations on the postingses! That there's a lot of posts.

I used to be a good student. However, eventually I just couldn't be bothered. I just discovered that I was above the work being set, which consisted of reading inane books and solving menile problems. It ain't my problem, dammit.

Television is my friend. Taught me more than school ever did, for that matter.

Oftentimes when I'm just snacking I'll grab some junk food, but other than that, it's all healthy for me. I like vegetables. That's quite scary, I know.

Not to the point of some other people I know, but I keep things up to snuff.

Australia gives you a tan, whether you want it or not. The only way of avoiding it is seeking shade 24/7, which I do the pretty much opposite of. If weather's going to be like that most of the time, it's best to get used to it.

Nine Inches. :yes:

PancaKe
4th May 2004, 07:40 AM

Um, I'm an alright student. I'm doing sucky at maths but thats because I have a crap teacher.

Internet. TV gets boring after a while

I dont really know. I think i eat evenly, junk food and healthy.

I think I do. Because I brush my hair, and teeth, have a shower every day, and wash my hands a lot.

I never sunburn. And when I do it just goes brown. I have tanned skin anyway *shrugs* Its kind of hard to go outside and find sun in winter though.

Nails? What nails. I bite mine/cut them short for bass guitar.

PS - Congrats!!

**PancaKe||

Indecent Exposure
4th May 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm a very lazy student. I generally get B's, with a few C's and A's. However this is with no real effort, or revision for exams. I guess if I revised for my exams more, I could probably push for higher grades, but as I say, I'm lazy.

No idea. I watch very little TV at the moment, since there's hardly anythign worth watching on. And I only usually use the internet properly for about an hour a day.

I eat ok, but I could do better. I usually eat fruit more often than chocolate etc., so I'd say I'm decently healthy when it comes to eating.

I'd say I'm pretty hygenic... because uhh, I say so.

Not really. I'm not pale though.

Short.

Ash_300
5th May 2004, 03:44 AM
Congratulations on your 4000th post.

1. Nah not really. So far I have 'achieved' an A+ for english, 100% for physics(easy SAC), 100 % for SM, 91% for MM, and some extremely bad scores for chemistry.

2. I do not really use the internet all that much but I use it more than I watch television. That is partly due to me spending most of my time on school work.

3. I do not eat much junk food.

4. Well I wish my hands and have showers so I guess I am hygenic.:D

5. I think I have a vitamin D deficiency.:D

ChicRocketJames
5th May 2004, 04:19 AM
Yeah. In high school I was able to get almost all A's and a few B's without really doing any revision, but now I'm at university I've found it's necessary to actually do a bit of work on occasion. ^^ But I don't mind that; before I used to pass exams, but I barely remember any of the stuff I learned. Now I do remember it.

Hard to say. Probably browse the internet, since there aren't many television programmes on now that I still watch, and I even browse the net while some of the ones I do watch are on.

I eat so much junk food it's not even funny. Other than that I do eat fairly healthily - I'm a vegetarian, so on the one hand I don't eat a lot of greasy fast food burgers and stuff, but on the other hand some people don't consider that healthy. Well, hey, I'm still here and I haven't been sick in years!

I have impeccable hygeine. I don't think I could get through the day, much less go outside, without showering, shaving and fixing my hair. Yeeuch.

I'm so pale I glow in the dark. But I wouldn't say I need more sunlight; I'm not a big fan of the "cooked" look, especially when it turns orange. Besides, at least I won't get skin cancer or turn prematurely shrivelled and wrinkly.

Very, very short. I keep biting them. I have to stop that .. but I bite them neatly! They're not all jagged!

Crystal Mew
5th May 2004, 07:22 PM
1.Yeah, I'm a decent student ^_^; I only get A's and B's....never below a B- my whole three years of high school, which is a shocker! lol, in middle school I got F's and D's alot....but then in high school I decided I would get good grades, and I have been 8)

2. I do both pretty much everyday...but I guess I'm online more..*shrugs* the internet has more to do, and I come on when my brother or sister are watching something stupid, or if there is nothing on
3. ew, no. I seriously do not like to eat crap, i.e junk food. I eat junk food everyonce in awile, lol today I ate a three musketeers bar...first candy bar in like two weeks => I like to eat healthy =)

4. I should think so =) I take a shower everyday, make sure my face doesn't break out, but thanks to pms, thats sometimes hard to do :mad2: but anyways ^_^; yeah, I try, and I don't have acne or anything :>

5. I'm not pale white or anything, I'm kinda tanned o.0; and no, I don't sunburn easily. good ol asian type skin

6. first off... Boys with long nails: YOU ARE DISGUSTING! that is all :wave:

I really hate when I see a guy with long nails, it sickens me, lolol

anyways, I just cut my nails, so they are kinda short =) normally I try to grow them so they look like fake nails...well, people always think they are fake when I grow them long,lol o_0; but its cool

Chris
6th May 2004, 02:23 PM
Congrats on 4000 Kris :)

I consider myself decent; I usually get straight A*/A grades, though the very occasional B slips in. Occasionally. :P

Definitely Interweb, because there's much more variety. I hardly watch TV at all now.

"Healthy"? What does "healthy" mean? 8)

Meh, my personal hygiene standards are good enough, thanks. :P

Need more sun. Need more sun. Need more sun. Hopefully I'll get some of that on holiday this year. :)

Uh, yeah, quite an odd question. :P Right now I have no nails, because I just cut them.

woz
6th May 2004, 02:30 PM

i would consider myself a terrible student; i rarely do homework and i drift off during lessons. my grades are average because i'm lazy.

browse the internet; television has been stale lately.

i rarely eat junk food and i would say i eat healthily.

my personal hygience is quite awesome, thanks.

i'm pretty white at the moment and i probably need more sunshine.

i recently cut them, and i can't be bothered measuring them.

Aipom Of Doom
6th May 2004, 02:36 PM
I'm a good student, yeah :o. So far I've gotten all A's for overall grades in high school... I could get a B in English tho, since I've gotten B's the first two marking periods :/

Internet :O. I hardly ever watch television anymore.

Well, some junk food =/. Not really healthy, but I'm trying to be not too unhealty :x.

Err I guess so o_O. I shower enough so I'm clean, I brush my teeth enough so they don't get cavities, and stuff.

Err... I would go under the "need more sunlight" category, but I don't want more sunlight =[. Skincancer--;.

Eh, not quite long enough for me to go and cut them yet, but getting close :o.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th May 2004, 09:18 PM
1. Do you consider yourself to be a good student? What kind of grades do you usually get?

2. Which do you do more - watch television or browse the internet? Why?

3. Do you consume a lot of junk food during the day, or would you say that you eat healthily?

4. Do you think you have a healthy hygiene? Why or why not?

5. Do you have a sunburn, tan, or.. would you say you need more sunlight? (:P)

6. Odd Question - how long are your nails?

1. Generally, yes. I get A's and B's and an occasional C. I do think that sometimes I could study a little bit more. Sometimes I can get a little "lazy" with my schoolwork though. I never really do bad or put myself in any kind of danger of failing, but I probably could do a little better sometimes.

2. Usually, I browse the internet more, but I also watch my fair share of TV. However, if the Cleveland Indians games are on TV, then I will always get off the computer to watch them.

3. I don't eat as healthily as I could/should. I don't eat a lot of food, but I don't eat many good foods either. I am pretty addicted to caffeine and pop, so that isn't all too healthy for me. I am on a little diet right now though. I have been having a healthier breakfast, and replacing a can of pop each day with a glass of grapefruit juice.

4. Yeah, I shower every day, and wash my face and my hair every day too. I also brush my teeth once or twice a day. So, I think that I have pretty good hygiene. Luckily, I haven't had to deal with acne, although of course I have to deal with a small breakout at certain times. ~_~ The breakouts aren't too bad when the face is kept clean though!!

5. I am extremely pale. I don't really tan, I just burn if I am out in the sun too long. I always try to stay in the shade when I am outside if it is possible. So yeah, people are always telling me that I need more sunlight. I couldn't really imagine myself with a tan though. O_o

6. I keep them pretty short. I just cut them yesterday. Long nails can be irritating and get in the way, and they break a lot easier.

Chaotic Heavens
6th May 2004, 11:20 PM
*sigh* I've been here for five months longer, and I haven't even surpassed 1000 posts. Go me and my random inactivity! Good job! :D *goes back to his cave*

Toxicity
8th May 2004, 11:28 AM

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1. I guess I'm okay for a student. I used to pull Cs in my honors classes, but all my grade are now around the As and Bs range.

2. Probably the 'Net, because the only use of my TV is for news and Adult Swim(usually on Saturdays only for AS)

3. I mostly eat healthy, although sometimes I might eat junk(*whines over the fact that she had McDonald's for dinner last night*).

4. I think I pretty much gave good hygiene: I shower twice a day, brush my teeth twice a day, and wash my face and hair. I normally have a few breakouts and a fever blister because of PMS, though...:<

5. Well, I guess I need some sunlight...but I'm not death pale or anything, although I am pale. In the summer I usually build up a small tan, and I sunburn rarely(and if I do, it's probably going to be small).

6. I don't really care about the exact length of my nails right now, yet I do trim them to keep them from irritating me.

mr_pikachu
9th May 2004, 02:48 AM

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a mega-geek... straight A's through high school. Enough said.

That depends on a lot of factors. For instance, I try to watch KidsWB from 3 to 5 on Monday-Friday, and 7-11 AM on Saturday. But if I have classes interfering, I may not get to watch some of the time on Monday-Friday, and occasionally I miss it entirely. I don't really watch many other shows, unless my parents have the TV on and it's Law and Order or CSI. And my internet usage, while meager during busy times in the schoolyear, increases DRASTICALLY once summer begins. For example, last summer my mom was practically begging me to go outside, since I was on the computer every waking minute that I wasn't eating or... er... "expelling". (How do you say that in a non-awkward way?) I think I spent maybe three hours a day on TPM Hangman alone frequently that summer. So, to answer the question, I'd say I'm on the net more.

Heh... let's put it this way... when I'm watching KidsWB during my scheduled period on Monday-Friday (see previous question), I've been known to eat one and a half of those humongous bags of Lays chips... plus some ice cream. Does that answer your question?

Erm... I have... uh... about the same personal hygiene as a college student. Beyond that, I can't say. Or won't say...

I have about as much of a tan as you can get from the light of a computer screen.

Well, my fingernails are really, really short, because I chew them all the time. I have no need for clippers for them. My toenails, on the other hand, are usually way overgrown, because I typically don't bother to trim them. And I rarely chew them, because they're hard to reach. Whoops... did I just say that out loud? :eek:

Silver Ledian
9th May 2004, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I consider myself to be a fairly good student. Most of the time I sit on A's and B's. I actually expect myself to get A's, which isn't really a good thing because I'm not a cocky person, I just think I have the capability to earn them :/

I do both quite a lot actually. I'd say on weekends that I probably surf the NET a bit more but I also watch t.v. a lot, I guess they're equal.

I eat a lot of junk food. I normally east around 4 packets of crisps per day and I eat a fair amount of biscuits also. I do, however, eat my fruit every day, so even though I tend to pig out sometimes, I still eat my healthy fruit.

Yep, I'd say I'm very hygenic. I wash myself every day, have a shower every other day, brush my teeth, look after my hair, cut my nails (not bite) so yep, I'm pretty okay :)

Well I'm not as white as a ghost but I'm not tanned. I think I need more sunlight but that's what I get for living where I live. Well, at least we don't suffer natural disasters XD

I just measured and the average nail is about 1.1cm long - that's both the white and pink bits together. The white nail alone probably accounts for 2mm at the most, :heh: