PDA

View Full Version : Tag Team Battle: Me and ? vs Reptillius Pyrus and ? (ref needed)

Knight of Time
29th January 2003, 12:20 PM
Hi!

Incase anyone is wondering, Reptillius Pyrus and I were once opponents in a Tag Team Battle before, and this one will our second (first with our new teams).

Rules:

2 Pokemon each
I am on Team 1, and RP is on Team 2
Team 2 chooses first
Team 1 attacks first
For this battle, I want a good male partner (preferably someone I know well if possible), and a good female opponent please (the last time RP and I battled in a TTB, it was a guys vs girls battle. I hope I could get a rookie to veteran female opponent).
Arena: RP chooses
DQ: 5 days
Referee: Charizard04621

Cyrus
29th January 2003, 12:35 PM
Why not, I am a guy and I guess I will team with you, IM/PM me if you want to discuss strategy.

Reptilius Pyrus
29th January 2003, 12:38 PM
Whee!

My Arena:

Herpetological Society

A medium-sized room, dotted with tables and chairs. Cages of reptile Pokemon line the walls. The Pokemon battling have 3 special commands they can use in this battle. One is Break Cage. They may smash the glass on a Pokemon cage, freeing the occupants. The occupants will then move around the arena, randomly attacking one Pokemon each a round. The ref may pick the damage, and there is a 35% chance of severe poison (Toxic-ish). Break Cage takes up one move slot. The other two commands are Throw Chair and Hurl Table. The Pokemon picks up furniture and flings it at the target. For smaller Pokemon, Hurl Table may be extremely difficult, and may take up more moveslots than normal, but again, this is up to the ref. The ref also may choose damage, but Hurl Table does a considerable amount more than Throw Chair.

Knight of Time
29th January 2003, 12:44 PM
Cyrus: Man, this is a toughie.

Could you do me a favour please?

Could you PM me what Pokemon are on your ASB team please?

I am not really sure if I want you as a partner (I never knew you when I had my old ASB team which is a memory now), but if you really, really want to battle (you aren't at the three battle limit right?), I guess you can battle alongside me.

RP: Shouldn't Pokemon have to know Strength before they can throw a table or chairs (just out of curiousity)?

Aipom Of Doom
29th January 2003, 02:09 PM
I'll ref... Tag team battles are so much fun =D

BTW, I think you should just use common sense with the chairs and tables... Think about what they weigh, and if your Pokemon can pick them up. I'd also imagine that there would be plenty of other things you can do with the tables and chairs... be creative ;D

Reptilius Pyrus
29th January 2003, 02:34 PM
Creativeness is the entire reason why I chose this arena. I figured it would be really fun to try to figure out what to do with it.

BTW, I don't mind if I don't have a female opponent. The reason I am saying this is because there aren't many female ASBers, and the ones I know of are usually VERY busy. But if there is a girl who wants to join, I'd love it!

Cyrus
29th January 2003, 02:38 PM
actually, if you don't care whether your ally is male or female, RP, I would just assume to be on team 2 instead of team 1. After the BS DPtDK is spewing and all.

100FangCroconaw
29th January 2003, 03:26 PM
*sigh* Since My other tag team battle died, I'll join.By the way, I'm a guy.

Knight of Time
29th January 2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 100FangCroconaw
*sigh* Since My other tag team battle died, I'll join.By the way, I'm a guy.

100FangCroconaw: Well, since I have known you for quite a while now, sure.

Sorry about that Cyrus.

Reptilius Pyrus
29th January 2003, 06:26 PM
Ok Cyrus, you can be on my team.
Could you possibly PM me your team? I'm just curious... This won't affect you being on the team, though.

EDIT: Don't want to double post...
I choose Kvanlen, my male Aerodactyl.

Psst...Cyrus! I want to PM you before you choose, but it's full....Clean it out, please!

Cyrus
30th January 2003, 05:07 PM
Howlett, Kabutops(M)

Reptilius Pyrus
1st February 2003, 09:50 PM
Question: DP, you say it is 2 Pokemon each. Do we send out both at the same time, or send out one and have the other in reserve, like a regular 2-on-2?

Cyrus
8th February 2003, 12:14 PM
We are going to suspend this battle until Dark Prince the Darknight and 100FangCroconaw return.

100FangCroconaw
8th February 2003, 05:54 PM
I'm here all right.Might as well use my sigged pokes.First, Go, Milky!(F, Miltank)

Reptilius Pyrus
10th February 2003, 10:12 AM
Sigh...Now we're just waiting for DP...

Knight of Time
21st February 2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Reptilius Pyrus
Question: DP, you say it is 2 Pokemon each. Do we send out both at the same time, or send out one and have the other in reserve, like a regular 2-on-2?

Okay, I am back.

We each will use one Pokemon at a time (with the second one in reserve).

Anyway, for my first Pokemon, I will choose Magno, my Magneton.

'turns to Magno'

Okay Magno, you have a good advantage against your opponents with your electrical powers and signature move, but we have to be careful, even i you are floating above the ground for the entire battle, so try to lift yourself back into the air when necessary (unless your fatigue is getting high, or you are low in HP) at any time.

Now, start things off with a sturdy Substitute.

Next, begin a Rain Dance to get the arena wet.

Finally, take careful aim, and blast a Thunderbolt at your nearest foe, or both if they are close to you (or your sub).

100FangCroconaw
21st February 2003, 07:07 PM
All right.Before Magno uses Rain Dance, Use Wailing Sing(sig move).Since Magno doesn't have ears, it shouldn't affect him.Next, Use a Rollout-Tackle Combo on Howlett.

Wailing sing~Rollout-Tackle Combo

Miltank Milky Female
Sig:Wailing Sing
Milky tries to Sing, but what actually comes out is a wailing sound that confuses the opponent.One Round gap.

Type:Normal|Accuracy:90%|Damage:n/a|Effects:see above

Reptilius Pyrus
21st February 2003, 10:18 PM
All right Kvanlen. First, Protect against the Wailing Sing. Then, set up a good sized Substitute. Finally, aim a Fire Blast in Magno's direction. Even with the rain, it should still be enough to destroy the sub.

Protect ~ Substitute ~ Fire Blast (Kvanlen)

Reptilius Pyrus
21st February 2003, 10:20 PM
Ack! Sorry, I meant Fire Blast (Magno), not Fire Blast (Kvanlen). I know this is double posting, but I didn't want to edit my post and get accused of cheating...

Cyrus
21st February 2003, 10:30 PM
Ok Howlett... Use Protect to avoid that horrid song, next use Hydropump to throw off that spinning cow's balance, hit the bottom portion of the spinning pokemon, cause it to wobble and spin out. If that works, use Submission while it is recovering, if it didn't work, make a small sub to absorb the punishment...

Reptilius Pyrus
26th February 2003, 08:59 AM
Hmmm.... I PMed Aipom of Doom, but apparently he's not going to ref this. We need another one....

Knight of Time
26th February 2003, 09:10 AM
Hmmm.... I PMed Aipom of Doom, but apparently he's not going to ref this. We need another one....

RP, you probably didn't know this, but AOD has quit ASB again.

Anyway, I got on AIM with Cyrus a couple of days ago, and we (aka him and I) are hoping that Charizard04621 could ref (I don't mean sub-ref, since no rounds were reffed yet).

I just hope Cyrus got a chance to reach C04621, since I don't want to be forced to reach her myself...

Cyrus
26th February 2003, 05:46 PM
Charizard04621 has agreed to ref the battle. But not today.

Reptilius Pyrus
26th February 2003, 06:22 PM
I had no idea that AOD left. Thanks for getting a new ref, Cyrus.

Charizard04621
28th February 2003, 05:44 PM
Pre-battle:

After much confusion and shifting, the teams are finally organized. DarkPrince the Dark Knight will battle with 100FangCroconaw as his partner, while Reptilius Pyrus and Cyrus will face them.

The room they choose to hold the battle in is not particularly large. There are several desks arranged on the outskirts, with chairs piled atop them. Large glass containers are aligned around the walls. Inside, various reptilian and insect pokémon linger; many step up to the front of their confinements, eyeing the new arrivals curiously. Others, indifferent, remain unconcerned.

Kvanlen bursts forth with a screech, spreading out his wide, powerful wings. The prehistoric flier intimidates a few of the smaller pokémon behind the glass walls, especially because he is obviously in a grumpy mood. Who wouldn't be? He'd much rather soar freely in the air, but this cramped room forces him to stay on the ground. The Aerodactyl grumbles.

Beside Kvanlen, his ally emerges, uttering a piercing war cry. Howlett brandishes his steely scythes, as if threatening all who dare oppose them with brutal pain. The spines on his armored back are sharp, and when he stands erect, he looks like a slender machine of destruction.

A soft, gentle hum introduces the first opponent: Milky the Miltank, who begins to feel nervous in the quickly filling room. Couldn't the arena have been more open so there would be decent room for movement?

As for Magno, its illuminated form loses its bright lighting little by little, until its three combined electrified balls become clearly visible. Each centered eye blinks as the Magneton shifts its magnets about a little, readying itself for the battle ahead.

Team 1:

Milky: 100%, fatigue(0%)
Magno: 100%, fatigue(0%)

Team 2:

Kvanlen: 100%, fatigue(0%)
Howlett: 100%, fatigue(0%)

Round 1

As soon as everyone gets into place, the brief moment of order is shattered by the most horrible sound known to pokémonkind! Howlett and Kvanlen, though showing signs of discomfort, do not despair, however... Their starry, spherical barriers sift out the harmful effects of the song of discord that attempt to get past, and all the two hear is the muffled tone of something awful. Magno, however, is not so lucky. Contrary to popular belief, it is not so much a mechanical being as it is a living one... And it can hear sounds perfectly well. Milky, horrified at realizing this, halts her terrible lowing, but not before her ally's mind is already hopelessly scrambled by the unbearable noise...

With that, Milky decides that she had better take matters into her own hands. Not like she gave her partner much choice, anyway. She'll have to cover for poor Magno until it recovers from her egregious error. The Miltank curls into a ball and begins to pick up speed as she rolls... But it is, in her mind, not worth the trouble. The cluttered arena offers little room for rapid movement, and she needs to constantly dodge the spare table or chair in the way. In the end, her efforts come to naught, anyway; Milky finds herself violently thrown off course into a glass container by the force of the water that explodes beneath her. The case shatters upon impact, releasing a particularly agitated Beedrill, who jets out of his prison. He leaves Milky alone, though; his primary concern is to escape from this crazy confinement. He exits through an open window, glad to be free. Magno, meanwhile, has a dim idea that it should summon rainclouds... But how it is possible in this room, of all places, is beyond it. It doesn't really feel like it can perform the task, anyway; its thoughts are too disorganized at the moment.

That quickly changes, however; Magno firmly recollects what it's been asked to do next. When the Magneton sees its ally being brutally beaten by the opposing Kabutops, it does not have to think twice before blasting the offender with a particularly vicious bolt of electricity. Howlett staggers backwards, dazed. Milky, on the other hand, is relieved, and thanks her partner for the timely aid. She doesn't feel like throwing herself into Howlett just yet, though; instead, the Miltank carefully removes the glass shards from her coat and steps gingerly away from the broken container. Kvanlen, meanwhile, snickers. The Magneton will suffer the fiery wrath of his blazing kanji flame... Indeed, Magno's body double is crushed beneath the fire.

Team 1:

Milky: 60%(Damage Caps), fatigue(14%)
Magno: 73%, confused, fatigue(7%)

Team 2:

Kvanlen: 78%, Substitute(22%), fatigue(20%)
Howlett: 74%, fatigue(19%)

Knight of Time
28th February 2003, 05:48 PM
Aw man, I knew that sig of yours would mess up Magno, 100FC.

Magno, are you okay?

Magno: ?

'glares at 100FC and Milky'

I should have known a Magneton can still 'hear'.

Oh well, maybe Magno can get a little payback in the next round, I hope...

'is feeling quite embarrassed'

Reptilius Pyrus
28th February 2003, 10:10 PM
Wait a sec... How did Kvanlen get 12% damage dealt to him? I scoured the reffing, but I could find nothing that hurt him...

EDIT: Ach, the sub.... Of course. Um, never mind.

Cyrus
2nd March 2003, 01:48 PM
RP... clean out your PM box, tracking folders and such so I can PM you ;)

Reptilius Pyrus
2nd March 2003, 10:08 PM
Done. Oh, and according to PM tracking, I sent you a message that you haven't read yet...

Knight of Time
5th March 2003, 05:57 PM
Hi!

As much as I hate having to win any battle by DQ, the DQ here is up.

This is only my second Tag Team Battle DQ win (after TDM and I beat Ivoreon and Uindii by DQ several months ago). I can't believe this had to end so early.

100FangCroconaw, if you want to collect an evo/catch you can go ahead, but if not, I think I might want to evolve Spooky my male Haunter into a Gengar.

100FangCroconaw
5th March 2003, 06:35 PM
Hang on, I thought that in Tag Team Battles , the winning team each gets a evo/catch.

Knight of Time
5th March 2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 100FangCroconaw
Hang on, I thought that in Tag Team Battles , the winning team each gets a evo/catch.

No, in a Tag Team Battle, only one person on the winning team gets the evo/catch.

100FangCroconaw
6th March 2003, 05:04 AM
Well, I guess I will evolve my Charmander, Mini-Smaug into a Charmeleon.*collects his one yen and runs away*

Reptilius Pyrus
6th March 2003, 09:38 AM
I am very sorry you had to win like this. Cyrus and I were having communication difficulties, and I was also really busy with the Free-for-All Tourney. Well, if you didn't want to extend the time, that's fine...

Knight of Time
6th March 2003, 09:50 AM
I am very sorry you had to win like this. Cyrus and I were having communication difficulties, and I was also really busy with the Free-for-All Tourney. Well, if you didn't want to extend the time, that's fine...

I understand, RP.

I kinda wanted to let 100FC get the evo/catch, since I have more Pokemon than him.

BTW, should we ever battle in a Tag Team Battle someday again RP (possibly sometime after the Free-For_All Tourney is over), I hope we could both have vets as partners.

Oh well, at least I get 1Ľ.