3rd May 2004, 10:28 PM
Claydol @Leftovers
Ground/Psychic
Levitate
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Rest

After reading some comments about my unfinished team, I got the urge to use this guy. And I remember Claydol being one of the tougher opponents I've had whenever facing him. The strategy is basic. Use Toxic, Cosmic Power once or twice (or more), Rest and hit them with Psychic. I chose Psychic over Earthquake or Explosion because it can be used in more situations and becomes more powerful by lowering the foes Special Defense occasionally.

Heracross @Salac Berry
Bug/Fighting
Guts/Swarm
- Bulk Up/Endure
- Brick Break/Reversal
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

I can't decide whether to use Endure/Reversal Combo or just a normal sweeper. I like them both. *sigh*

Ludicolo @Leftovers
Grass/Water
Rain Dish
- Rain Dance
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Surf

Variation on the standard. I'd use Dive, but I needed a strong Water move on the team. I've always wanted to use Ludicolo, but I'll take any suggestions.

Weezing @???
Poison
Levitate
- Haze
- Protect
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Needed a Hazer and never used Weezing before. I can't decide on the item. I'm never good with those. The option for the Fire moves is there because I don't have them anywhere else. Protect is around to see what kind of strategy the opponent has. Recommendations welcomed.

Gardevoir @Salac Berry
Psychic
Trace/Synchronize
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Reflect

Fairly standard and self-explanatory. Suggestions welcomed and I'd like advice on which ability to use.

Exploud @???
Normal
Soundproof
- Hyper Voice/Return
- Ice Beam/Flame Thrower
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

I've never used this strategy before, but I like it in theory. It allows me to finish up whatever moves I need that haven't been used. I was thinking more Ice Beam because Dragons are very prevailant. Need an item here too. Strategy is simple, Rest when recovery is needed and Sleep Talk during that time.

Well, as usual, rate however you want. I'm open for anything that can come from Colosseum or Ruby/Sapphire and any suggestions or changes are appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and I did check, and the only major weakness of this team is Flying because of Heracross. I feel good I didn't make a team with an overabundance of weaknesses. :)

Ferilian
3rd May 2004, 10:35 PM
CLAYDOL: Light Screen, Earthquake, Cosmic Power, Explosion.

HERACROSS: I prefer Bulk Up and Brick Break, but whatever you want.

LUDICOLO: Dive over Surf, for stall and HP help.

WEEZING: Sluge Bomb, Fire Blast/Shadow Ball, Explosion, Haze.

GARDEVOIR: Good.

EXPLOUD: I dunno much about this guy, but he looks good.

Looks pretty good, but a few changes. I don't know how your Weezing and Claydol sets work, so if you've used 'em and they work well, then I guess that's fine.

Chris 2.1
26th May 2004, 02:49 PM
Umm I can offer advice on Gardevoir.

I prefer Synch, I found with Trace you can often get weighed down by certain abilities.

If you want, make it deadlier by breeding Destiny Bond in instead of Reflect. Mine has DB and I like her loads, but the standard reflect still works wonders. It's a spiffy Pokemon.

Whisper in the Wind
26th May 2004, 03:39 PM
personally, I love trace. Many OU's have an ability that iradicates their STAB move (Ninetails + Flash Fire for example) which helps a lot. Also, yo ucan take advantage fo their mvoeset since some Movesets are designed around certain abilities (e.g, trace chlorophil making your opps ability practically useless at the same time and if you eliminate him/her, the bonus remains). For me it beats Trace

Poryhedron
26th May 2004, 07:03 PM
The only real dangers with Trace, I think, are if you wind up accidentally Tracing a Slaking or Kecleon. Getting Truant is amazingly annoying, and if you're unexpectedly saddled with Color Change, you'll need to watch out for enemies taking advantage of it (Can you say Dragon Claw?) A more minor issue is Forecast, since that can cost you STAB.

phaedrus
27th May 2004, 11:58 AM
Claydol @Leftovers
Ground/Psychic
Levitate
- Cosmic Power
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Rest

i think eq works better, but whatever. don't overload on the cosmic power.

Heracross @Salac Berry
Bug/Fighting
Guts/Swarm
- Bulk Up/Endure
- Brick Break/Reversal
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

bulkup, counter>earthquake, brickbreak. helps vs. flying

Ludicolo @Leftovers
Grass/Water
Rain Dish
- Rain Dance
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Surf

meh, surf>dive anyways. dive gives the switchout/protect opportunity, so surf>dive anyways. helps more against poisons anyways, but ludi is screwed against rby grass/poisons anyways.

Weezing @???
Poison
Levitate
- Haze
- Protect
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower/Fire Blast

you can put flamethrower/fireblast over protect, pick sludge bomb, and explosion>willowisp. @leftovers

Gardevoir @Salac Berry
Psychic
Trace/Synchronize
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Reflect

synch definetly. petaya works better.

Exploud @???
Normal
Soundproof
- Hyper Voice/Return
- Ice Beam/Flame Thrower
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

personally, exploud doesn't really have the defenses to rest+sleeptalk. but you could use it. i'd go with @leftovers/petaya, beam-thrower.

it's fine. i'd use slaking>exploud, but that's me.