PDA

View Full Version : rmbtt (rate my battle tower team)

phaedrus
4th May 2004, 07:11 PM
since these are popping up:

slaking@leftovers (until i get choiceband) <jolly-truant>
hyperbeam
earthquake
shadowball
brickbreak
EDIT: hyperbeam>return.

latias@shellbell/(unless i get)souldew<neutral?-levitate>
psychic
dragonclaw
thunderbolt
refresh
props to a friend of mine, Rabid_Cow, for makin' this set. sorry if i happen to anger you by ripping off your ms.
EDIT: tweaked set

kingdra@chestoberry <modest-swiftswim
raindance
surf
icebeam
rest
EDIT: new kingdra...my anti-weak set.

that's my bt team. thanks in advance for rating it.

NOTE:I realize I have a 2x weak to Dragon, but each of them can deal with dragons effectivly, so there's really no need to switch. So don't say "switch out ________"

edit: we have a rmt subforum for a reason...

rinku
4th May 2004, 07:58 PM
Couple of points:

No Ice attacks will make it difficult to take out Dragons. Seriously consider replacing one of Latias' attacks with Ice Beam, at least when you reach 35 wins or so.

Each pokémon in BT has to have a different held item. No 3xLeftovers allowed. I'd give Crobat a Lum berry - protects vs a whole bunch of trouble, including Confusion and Attract.

Earthquake AND Brick Break on Slaking is a little redundant. Hyper Beam is better than Return for it as well.

phaedrus
5th May 2004, 09:37 AM
please keep rating this.

NOTE: tweaked the team so it owns more.

ace
6th May 2004, 11:33 AM
On slaking, once you have choice band I wouldnt (or rather, i didnt) waste valuable tms like equake and shadowball when all you will need for effective destroying is hyperbeam.

Poryhedron
6th May 2004, 02:25 PM
On slaking, once you have choice band I wouldnt (or rather, i didnt) waste valuable tms like equake and shadowball when all you will need for effective destroying is hyperbeam.

:what: And what exactly are you talking about? Hyper Beam, even a Choice-Banded Hyper Beam, will do zilch to Ghost-types, thus the need for Shadow Ball. It also does only a quarter damage to Aggron, which Earthquake would utterly destroy. And you don't need to use up unique TMs; aren't those moves breedable?

rinku
6th May 2004, 08:31 PM
Shadow Ball is breedable onto Slaking, Earthquake is not. As with most non-Ground type families, only the final evolution learns Earthquake. If you only have one EQ (i.e. no spare carts or restarts) I reckon it better used to get a breedable EQ on Flygon, Heracross & Pinsir.

I'd be cautious about putting EQ on Slaking for that reason. Shadow Ball and Hyper Beam give it good coverage, and I'd suggest a Fighting move is better for it to deal with Steel than a Ground move anyway. Brick Break and Focus Punch are both breedable onto Slakoth.

On the other hand, EQ is SE vs more things than anything else, so it makes sense on a Choice Band set.

Rabid_Cow
8th May 2004, 03:21 PM
Hey man, what's goin on. Nice BT team, you shouldn't hit too many problems. Only a few problems I see. Choice Banding Slaking is Uber, but not in BT. He's very versatile and should be able to take out at least 2/3 of the pokes you see. Give him Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, and Fire Blast. (not BB) FB is huge against the Skarms and numerous Pinsirs you'll see. Give him Silk Scarf and you should be fine!

Latios. Hm, nice MS, but one problem. I vote droppin Dragon Claw, and replacing it w/Ice Beam, or Surf. I personally went w/Surf and it was invaluable having the edge over the: Torkoals, Aggrons, Rhydons, Ninetales, and even Regirock. Go w/Surf it's not a waste of a TM and it's a good move here.

Kingdra is fine I guess. I used Regice cause of his Sp. Def. but I can see where yours would be just as good. Does have weakness to dragons, but I see w/Swift Swim that he'll take care of em w/Ice Beam pretty easily.

Nice BTT.