PDA

View Full Version : Rate my team

Linc
5th May 2004, 02:53 PM
I call my team Rabid Destruction. Please tell me what you think! Suggestions are welcome!
Oh, and none of these have Items

Blaziken
Blaze Kick
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Overheat

Latios
Aerial Ace
Solarbeam
Dragon Claw
Fly

Salamence
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Fly

Groudon
Hyper Beam
Solarbeam
Eruption
Flamethrower

Swampert
Earthquake
Muddy Water
Ice Beam
Water Gun

Spinda (I'm probably one of the few with a Lv.100 Spinda =P)
Psychic
Dizzy Punch
Thrash
Psybeam

soggy_cardboard
7th May 2004, 01:37 AM
Psychic
Dizzy Punch
Thrash
Psybeam
Muhhhaa, I have 3 lvl 100 Spindas! :P

2 Psychic-type attacks?!

and where is Teeter Dance?! Its a must on every Spinda! :mad2:
(im glad someone else uses him tho;))

You have some powerful moves there.
And I dont think 3 Fire-type moves are good on Blaziken ^^

Unless you have some kick a$$ choice band team planned,
maybe try to add some support moves; ex. wish/teeter dance/etc

phaedrus
7th May 2004, 12:19 PM
I call my team Rabid Destruction. Please tell me what you think! Suggestions are welcome!
Oh, and none of these have Items

Blaziken
Blaze Kick
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Overheat
rates in bold. OMFGOMFGWTF!?!?!?!? never, ever, ever have THREE stabs on a Blaziken. brickbreak>blazekick, earthquake over fireblast/overheat.
Latios
Aerial Ace
Solarbeam
Dragon Claw
Fly
solarbeam??!? no.....thunderbolt/surf>aerialace, psychic>solarbeam, refresh/recover>fly.
Salamence
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Fly
er.....no. either go all special or all phys. phys=earthquake-aerialace-brickbreak-dragondance. special=flamethrower-HP~electric-hydropump-dragonclaw. tricky=dragondance-flamethrower-hydropump-HP~Electric
Groudon
Hyper Beam
Solarbeam
Eruption
Flamethrower
fireblast>eruption, earthquake>hyperbeam.
Swampert
Earthquake
Muddy Water
Ice Beam
Water Gun
water gun?!? wtf are you shitting me? protect over watergun.
Psychic
Dizzy Punch
Thrash
Psybeamdouble stab sucks ass. put teeterdance>psybeam, focuspunch>dizzypunch, subsitute>psychic. then maybe it's decent.

that was probably one of the worst i've seen. sorry to say it, but water gun on a swampert? triple stab? no. it's just not forgivable.

drizzt
8th May 2004, 10:24 AM
Hey leave the guy alone. Im sure we all at one point had a team with 3 stabs. When u just start playing the game u make mistakes ok.

Rabid_Cow
8th May 2004, 08:07 PM
Hey leave the guy alone. Im sure we all at one point had a team with 3 stabs. When u just start playing the game u make mistakes ok.

I totally agree. strat lay off. It's a rule not to act too superior to someone, and if I'm not mistaken you've had to come to me w/numerous problems you've had. I personally have kept my original Pokemon Red team, and every guy on it has at least 3 STABs on em. (i.e. my Charizard had Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and Ember.)

Dragon Rider, I'm guessin that this is your first team, and it's not too shabby. (especially the name! I'm Rabid, he he he)

As strat said 3 STABs on the same poke's not usually a good idea. When he says that though he doesn't mean that it's bad to have Giga Drain, Spore, and Leech Seed on a pokemon. He's meaning direct damage dealing moves.

Blaziken - needs to have this M/S IMO. It's awesome!

Blaziken @Salac Berry (spd)
-Overheat
-Facade
-Endure
-Reversal

Physical sweeper, so the OH downside doesn't hurt him badly at all.

Latios - not bad. I prefer Psychic/Surf/Thunderbolt/Recover here. Refresh > Recover if you attatch Shell Bell or Leftovers.

I like the mix up idea w/Salamence here. Usually I go for either physical or special, but the more I think about it splittin the EV's is an okay deal! I like your M/S xcept Aerial Ace > Fly, and Earthquake > Hyper Beam.

Totally agree w/strat on the Groudon. He knows what he's doin.

Again go w/strat on the protect > Water Gun. If you don't mind breedin for Mirror Coat, do that instead!

Spinda - I've got one lvl 100 spinda! YAY! this is the M/S:

Spinda @anything
-Teeter Dance
-Dizzy Punch (signiature move!)
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Nice Team though. Just needs some adjustment!

phaedrus
8th May 2004, 08:21 PM
I totally agree. strat lay off. It's a rule not to act too superior to someone, and if I'm not mistaken you've had to come to me w/numerous problems you've had.

Well, I have. I believe help from outside sources helps me alot, so I do that to improve my skills.

well, i'm sorry about the harsh comments, but if i remember rightly you've been here for awhile....

i think i was pissed off at a friend or somethin so i guessed it carried over <:o. sorry about that. =| *goosfrabah*

Ferilian
9th May 2004, 11:43 AM
The only thing is Rabid, Spinda's "siggy move" is Teeter Dance (even tho some other pokeys can get it through breeding), not Dizzy Punch. Kangaskhan, and several others can learn it. I'd go with something more on the lines of

SPINDA@Shell Bell
(Naive)
-Teeter Dance
-Secret Power/Return
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

That set seems fun enough! And another fun Blaziken set is:

BLAZIKEN@Scope Lens
(Hasty)
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Slash
-Focus Energy

Otherwise, those other suggested sets look good.

phaedrus
9th May 2004, 11:56 AM
the problem with your spinda set, ferilian, is the fact that it needs to split evs. put brickbreak>skyuppercut anyways.

spinda@choiceband/salac
timid: 252 spd, 252 sp.att, 6 hp
calmmind
psychic
trick/waterpulse
hp-fire
choiceband with trick, waterpulse with salac

spinda@leftovers
adamant: 252 att, 129 def, 129 hp
substitute
focuspunch
return