PDA

View Full Version : Who's all missing?

Darien Shields
7th May 2004, 03:21 AM
I know how all the various Ru/Sa pokemon are attainable, one way or another. However, I'm curious as to what (if any) gaps there are in the ranks of the FR/LG/Colosseum pokemon. I heard Celebii wasn't attainable without a special disc, that's one. What about Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh? If they can't be caught in those games, how can they be gained?

Oh, also, I heard FR/LG don't have a record mixing thing. Does that mean they all have to get an Eon Ticket from a machine, and not from someone else?

Number1ChanseyFan
7th May 2004, 09:18 AM
So far, Mew is not obtainable. However, people that have hacked into the Fire Red/Leaf Green games have found sprites for Mew that suggest that it may be obtainable somehow, possibly through a Special promotion, like the Eon Ticket in Ruby/Sapphire. Mewtwo is obtainable. Mewtwo is in that cave by Cerulean City, that you can get into after beating the Elite 4, just like it was in R/B/Y. Lugia and Ho-oh are found on Island 8. However, getting to Island 8 requires a Mystery Ticket, and so far, there is no way to get a Mystery Ticket. Ho-oh can also be obtained in Colosseum. Deoxys is found on Island 9, but an Aurora Ticket is required to get to Island 9, and just like the Mystery Ticket, there is no known way to get the Aurora Ticket. Once again, the most likely way to obtain these tickets will be through a special promotion by Nintendo. And, like you mentioned, the only way to get Celebi is with the Japanese Colosseum preorder bonus disc.

As for the record mixing thing, I am not 100% sure, but I don't think that records can be mixed in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Poryhedron
7th May 2004, 09:32 AM
Are you sure Mew isn't going to be obtainable? Where'd the movie come from that someone posted of a Japanese FR/LG ROM player walking up to Mew and entering a battle with it? Was that faked? Or are we assuming that event will be edited out of the English Version just like they edited out the perfectly legal access to Mew in RB and the Celebi event in GS?

Number1ChanseyFan
7th May 2004, 09:49 AM
Are you sure Mew isn't going to be obtainable? Where'd the movie come from that someone posted of a Japanese FR/LG ROM player walking up to Mew and entering a battle with it? Was that faked? Or are we assuming that event will be edited out of the English Version just like they edited out the perfectly legal access to Mew in RB and the Celebi event in GS?

Well, there are sprites of Mew that suggest that it can be found somewhere in the game. The sprite was found by people that hacked into the games. This Mew sprite isn't just the regular sprite that shows up on your status screen, it is a sprite that you would expect to see of a Pokémon that you would walk up to and battle, like most legendaries. So Mew is likely somewhere in the game. However, maybe it is obtainable through some sort of trick, or through a Nintendo promotion. Nobody really knows for sure yet. As for that movie, I don't know if it is legit or not...

Darien Shields
7th May 2004, 10:46 AM
Did anyone find any extra island maps? That would expain it, if there was another island all off on its own that could only be reached via yet another ticket. That said, I think those tickets sound pretty cool.

BTW are ticket machines multi-lingual, or are they like say, Box, which will only interface with a same-language game? Just wondering, because I've already missed out on an Eon Ticket in my sapphire game because it's Japanese (I wasn't at a give away; a friend tried to Mix Records) and wanted to avoid the same sort of thing in FR/LG (although (wallet willing) I intend to get a Japanese FR and then UK LG.)

Ultimate Pikachu
7th May 2004, 06:37 PM
Oh, also, I heard FR/LG don't have a record mixing thing. Does that mean they all have to get an Eon Ticket from a machine, and not from someone else?

There is no point in having an Eon Ticket in FR/LG because there is no Southern Island. In, fact there's no point in mixing records since there are no secret bases or anyone like the guy in the Mauville City Pokémon Center.