PDA

View Full Version : Blue Submarine 06 is such a let-down

Roarkiller
29th January 2003, 07:03 PM
Seriously, the movie starts of with a bang and continues at that pace until near the end of the movie. Shooting, action, shooting, more action and more shooting. Hardly any plot or character development. The animation is great sometimes (hey, they used 3D images sometimes), and at other times, it juz, well, suck. Maybe i was expectiing too much from this movie i guess. Oh, and the music is terrible. It fits the movie at 0% and i dont suggest u listen to it by itself either. At least Mutio is cute :yes:

*takes a breather*

So, anyone else watched it, and what r ur opinions?

DarkTemplar177
29th January 2003, 07:55 PM
I watched it, I think it's ok, the lack of character development does suck tho

Darkmaster Kagemusha
30th January 2003, 07:13 PM
I watched it the first time it played on CN. It was good except for the fact that the plot was too straight forward and simple. The characters didn't develop enough either. I think that if it were to be made into a series starting way before the little miniseries thingy, we might get the plot and development we crave. But don't hold your breath. Even if there is one, CN will butcher it or not show it at all. **Curses CN and continues writing a nasty e-mail to them**

Pokemon Neo
30th January 2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Seriously, the movie starts of with a bang and continues at that pace until near the end of the movie. Shooting, action, shooting, more action and more shooting. Hardly any plot or character development. The animation is great sometimes (hey, they used 3D images sometimes), and at other times, it juz, well, suck. Maybe i was expectiing too much from this movie i guess. Oh, and the music is terrible. It fits the movie at 0% and i dont suggest u listen to it by itself either. At least Mutio is cute :yes:

*takes a breather*

So, anyone else watched it, and what r ur opinions?

WTF? I don't know what you were wathcing but Blue Sub No.6's animation quality remains excellent throughout all 4 episodes.And what do you mean by "they used 3D images sometimes.":confused: The whole point of Blue Sub was to blend traditional 2-D animation with highly detailed 3-D animation in a way no one had ever seen before.When I saw stills of Blue Sub at the anime expo way back in 99 I thought,"Oh man,that looks sooo cheesy." I was a sort of "2-D traditionalist" and thought any 3-D animation was only used to cut costs.(unless it was used for subtle effects) But when I saw the first episode of Blue Sub I was completely blown away.The CG is about 4-5 years old and it still looks good.

But as people here already stated,the only negative about Blue Sub is it's character development.But it's not that bad if you think about it.Even though the whole thing is 4 episodes long,Hayami didn't *instantly* go from disgruntled loner to savior of the planet.Kino falling that fast for Hayami was pretty much the only unrealistic aspect of the whole series as far as character development goes.But you know what,I know from personal experience that this series isn't going to be for everyone.I've showed it to a lot of my friends and some of them think it's okay while others were pretty much indifferent.I just happen to be a big fan of Blue Sub.The animation is great,and the story is pretty good.(that review on ANN can kiss my @$$) On a scale form 1 - 10,I'd give Blue Sub a 7.

God of Fire
31st January 2003, 09:23 AM
Ahh I remember the days this used to show on CN, the lack of character development did annoy me but the animation and the 3D graphics were very good. For a basic storyline and basic character development I actually liked Blue Submarine 06.

Yosmon
31st January 2003, 08:00 PM
i personaly found it alright... till the ending.. that sucked.... how can a few minutes of talking that i can't here since my sistes is an obnoxious "TV too loud" idiot so i can't here it proply so i don't understand much of the chat anywho.. and i havn't seen it in about 7 months now... it was alright.. charicer devlopment wasn't that big a deal it sorta made some of it but it need prequils to understand it better... meh im rabiiting on today

Roarkiller
31st January 2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Pokemon Neo
WTF? I don't know what you were wathcing but Blue Sub No.6's animation quality remains excellent throughout all 4 episodes.And what do you mean by "they used 3D images sometimes.":confused: The whole point of Blue Sub was to blend traditional 2-D animation with highly detailed 3-D animation in a way no one had ever seen before.When I saw stills of Blue Sub at the anime expo way back in 99 I thought,"Oh man,that looks sooo cheesy." I was a sort of "2-D traditionalist" and thought any 3-D animation was only used to cut costs.(unless it was used for subtle effects) But when I saw the first episode of Blue Sub I was completely blown away.The CG is about 4-5 years old and it still looks good.

Maybe im missing smthng, blue sub has 4 eppies? I was watching a movie of it, is there supposed to be 4 movies?

Also, i didnt say the 3d sucked, i was talking more along the line of the story and plot. And character development. Yeah, animation's great and all, but if thats all it has, id be better off playing Dead or Alive on the Xbox.

God of Fire
1st February 2003, 01:43 AM
Blue Submarine 06 is an OVA of 4 episodes. However you can buy it, and CN likes to show Blue Sub 06 as a movie and combine the 4 episodes into one.

Roarkiller
1st February 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by God of Fire
Blue Submarine 06 is an OVA of 4 episodes. However you can buy it, and CN likes to show Blue Sub 06 as a movie and combine the 4 episodes into one.

Cheh, no wonder. I thought the continuity looked funny.

BloodStain
2nd February 2003, 04:52 PM
the bit at the ed was so sad. that shark guy nearly made me cry. a very emotional experience for me