PDA

View Full Version : To 'cube owners:Question

ace
7th May 2004, 05:20 PM
I want to buy a gamecube and pokemon colliseum, and to be able to save my game. I take it that the gamecube doesnt have a built in memory card :( . Is that all i'll need for a perfect colliseum experience? I have sapphire, so will buying a gameboy player enable me to upload/download pokemon to and from sapphire/colliseum?. Please bear in mind that I have an income of £45 a month(i'm 14), so how long will i have to wait to buy all this, how much will it cost??
Do i need:
other than the gamecube+colisseum,
A memory card
A Gameboy player/link cable to Gc
on top of the cube and game?
Please help meeeeeeeee.......

Don't Run With Scizors
7th May 2004, 05:25 PM
Memory cards usually come with the Gamecubes, so you probably won't need to worry about that extra cost. You won't be needing a Gameboy player, since you can't link up to Colosseum with one of those - just the GC-to-GBA link cable.

Darien Shields
8th May 2004, 12:38 PM
There's a package that has everything you want (sans the GB Player, which you may not actually want) plus Pokemon Box. IT has the link cable too. Too bad their's no Colosseum/Box deal for those of us who already have a cube ^_~

Someone punch me up the price of that pack, willya?

Number1ChanseyFan
8th May 2004, 12:46 PM
The Colosseum Mega Pak comes with a Black GameCube, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon Box, GC to GBA Link Cable, and a Memory Card 251. The Retail price is supposed to be about £119.00-129.00 (In American dollars, that is about $213.66-231.62)

ace
8th May 2004, 02:52 PM
Whoah, that is amazing, i'm gonna search the web for that pack and start saving!! It'll be three months....agonising months with my mock GCSEs in the middle :(

andyizcool
8th May 2004, 03:02 PM
Whoah, that is amazing, i'm gonna search the web for that pack and start saving!! It'll be three months....agonising months with my mock GCSEs in the middle :(
That pack is £109.99 in GAME. Shame. I also just brough a GC a few months ago so I miss out on that great deal. When I get Pokemon Colosseum very soon I have my real GCSE Exams to revise for now.

Razola
8th May 2004, 04:57 PM
For future reference, a built-in memory card is called a hard drive.

Darien Shields
8th May 2004, 05:07 PM
I paid £120 for my GC alone...

But on the bright side, it was worth it... I just feel short-changed at times like this. Hey, I might still have the receipt, I could take it back now and get the bundle!

If only.

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic.

andyizcool
8th May 2004, 06:19 PM
I paid £120 for my GC alone...

But on the bright side, it was worth it... I just feel short-changed at times like this. Hey, I might still have the receipt, I could take it back now and get the bundle!

If only.

P.S. Sorry for going off-topic.
If you pre-order Pokemon Colosseum from GAME they give you a scratchcard where you could win some goodies like a GBA SP. Also all Pokemon Colosseum games should come with a Free GC Memory Card in the UK as I've read on a website.

Darien Shields
8th May 2004, 06:28 PM
Pff, you want goodies? I've got a GBA SP, Torchic Edition, from the Tokyo Pokemon Centre. It ain't as good as it sounds though, I need this huge transformer to charge it, it's really scratched up on the outside, and that Torchic? You need a torch and about 10 minutes to actually see it. But the bragging rights are amazing.

What size Memory Card? The black ones are amazing, 4x+ the memory of a regular card (no joke, I had just filled up two or three when I got it, piled everything onto that and had room to spare.)

Razola
9th May 2004, 03:21 PM
Nintendo generally gives away the small Memory Card 59 (normally a gray color) when they give away free memory.

Cammy White
23rd May 2004, 10:01 AM
You get a free 59 slot, grey memory card when you buy Colosseum in the UK. It should be enough to get you started on your game though. Box also comes with the same memory card too, however when you want to play more games, you're going to need a bigger card. www.play.com are really good for their prices if you don't mind buying online. I hope this isn't advertising, it's more public service if you ask me......

Darien Shields
23rd May 2004, 03:25 PM
It's not just plain grey... it comes with stickers! Yeah, there are special pokemon stickers. Rejoice.

Although are you sure about the one for Box? I have a japanese copy of Box, and it has this sweet little blue/red coloured memory card.

It's not possible to duplicate saves from Box/Colosseum is it? That'd mean doubling pokemon, so I doubt it somehow... I found that I couldn't duplicate my Channel Game. This seemed stupid though, as it doesn't store pokemon...

andyizcool
23rd May 2004, 03:27 PM
It's not possible to duplicate saves from Box/Colosseum is it? That'd mean doubling pokemon, so I doubt it somehow... I found that I couldn't duplicate my Channel Game. This seemed stupid though, as it doesn't store pokemon...
You can't copy your Pokemon Save Data on the GC. It never lets you because like you said you would be copying Pokemon so you get more easily. Nintendo doesn't want you to do that. Someone did do it on a dodgy Memory Card and their Save File became corrupt so they had to start Pokemon Colosseum all over again.

Cammy White
24th May 2004, 01:03 PM
I dunno about the box one being the same, I just assumed since the same info was on the front that was on Colosseum, so it's entirely possible that they're different.