PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Sapphire Team

Chris 2.1
8th May 2004, 02:33 AM
Hey, I've had Sapphire not so long and I'm just training up a team. It's my second restart and this time I've been a little more selective with my Pokemon. I am now near finishing the Game, but these guys need fine-tuning and a 6th member is needed.

They are in no specific order, and as its in the main game most held items aren't needed. I am unsure of their natures, but to be truthful I'm not wanting to raise a new Pokemon just with a new nature.

Blaziken
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
Slash
Blaze Kick
Bulk Up
Double Kick

DK is being replaced with Sky Uppercut. Is Blaze Kick ok, or do you reccomend Flamethrower/any other fire attack?

Breloom
Ability: Effect Spore
Moveset:
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Sky Uppercut
Counter

Counter will be replaced a.s.a.p. Spore Breloom is more of a luxury. Any other move I can put in there?

Swalot
Ability: Sticky Hold
Moveset:
Body Slam
Encore
Amnesia
Toxic

This moveset is just a combination of his level-up moves. I like his moves at the moment - Toxic first turn, if they use a move I'm safe with, i'll Encore it, while Amnesia-ing. I guess I need an attack to BENEFIT from Amnesia though, so suggestions please.

Flygon
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower

I love this guy. He owns.

Absol
Ability: Pressure (great against legendary-using Hydro-pumping Kyogre's)
Moveset:
Slash
Swords Dance
Bite
Double Team

I dunno what to do with this guy. I need something dark which is stronger than Bite, dont I? DT is sometimes useful. Maybe If I put protect over something he could protect, double team, protect, double team and then unleash a SD-Slash combo?

EDIT: oh yea, I have a Gyarados as well :-$

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
Surf
Dragon Rage
Twister
Bite

This guy was freshly caught, then trained. I want to add Aerial Ace in there for some STAB and a surprise for any grass types, is it wise? Dragon Rage will probably be replaced sooner or later, but this guy, in RS, is a lot better I think.

Ok, go nuts! Remember Im no veteran, I'm the complete opposite!

ace
8th May 2004, 04:54 AM
Blaziken: Change blaze kick for flamethrower, and slash coul probably go for brick break/ariel ace/earthquake(one of them will work and theyre all good).

Breloom:Good, focus punch works o.k with spore with a bit of luck if you want to try that.

Swalot:A physical attack is pretty crap on swalot, go for ice beam, which is always useful, via tm.

Flygon: Perfect.

Absol: Double team is good, if not always reliable. Faint attack is attainable by breeding with Skitty or baton pass available by breeding with Kecleon.

Gyrados:This pokemon's attack is much higher than it's sp.att so ditch all those moves, and go for Earhtquake,Return,Thrash and a filler with Leftovers. (equake and return via tms.)

Poryhedron
8th May 2004, 12:26 PM
If you're serious about improving your party, I might suggest replacing either Blaziken, Breloom or Swalot. Half your party being weak against a single move type (in this case, Psychic) is not a good thing.

Chris 2.1
8th May 2004, 12:43 PM
Ace: Thanks, thats some really good rating there. I'll try changing it. Thanks.

Poryhedron: Yea I see that. Thats why I wanted to take advantage of having a dark type on my team. I may switch Swalot for something, any suggestions?

phaedrus
8th May 2004, 06:08 PM
Blaziken
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
Slash
Blaze Kick
Bulk Up
Double Kick

DK is being replaced with Sky Uppercut. Is Blaze Kick ok, or do you reccomend Flamethrower/any other fire attack?
overheat>blazekick, brickbreak>doublekick. otherwise ok, put scope lens.

Breloom
Ability: Effect Spore
Moveset:
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Sky Uppercut
Counter

Counter will be replaced a.s.a.p. Spore Breloom is more of a luxury. Any other move I can put in there? there's stun spore for a reason.

Swalot
Ability: Sticky Hold
Moveset:
Body Slam
Encore
Amnesia
Toxic

This moveset is just a combination of his level-up moves. I like his moves at the moment - Toxic first turn, if they use a move I'm safe with, i'll Encore it, while Amnesia-ing. I guess I need an attack to BENEFIT from Amnesia though, so suggestions please. you'll need to breed acid armor to make swalot useful. acidarmor>encore.

Flygon
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower

I love this guy. He owns. not really. fly/aerialace>crunch. salamence>this.

Absol
Ability: Pressure (great against legendary-using Hydro-pumping Kyogre's)
Moveset:
Slash
Swords Dance
Bite
Double Team

I dunno what to do with this guy. I need something dark which is stronger than Bite, dont I? DT is sometimes useful. Maybe If I put protect over something he could protect, double team, protect, double team and then unleash a SD-Slash combo? you need to breed subsitute, batonpass and double-edge over. sub-doubleedge-swordsdance-batonpass

EDIT: oh yea, I have a Gyarados as well :-$

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
Surf
Dragon Rage
Twister
Bite

This guy was freshly caught, then trained. I want to add Aerial Ace in there for some STAB and a surprise for any grass types, is it wise? Dragon Rage will probably be replaced sooner or later, but this guy, in RS, is a lot better I think. taunt-earthquake-hp~flying-dragondance owns this.

Ok, go nuts! Remember Im no veteran, I'm the complete opposite!

i realize you aren't. by the way ace you haven't learned much and you're already rating. NOT A GOOD SIGN. wait and learn before you start rating.

Chris 2.1
9th May 2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks strat, that was pretty darn helpful, on the other hand it was pretty darn b!tchy. I guess you gotta be cruel to be kind, no?

Swalot's gone, i didn't like him. I thought about killing two birds with one stone by raising an Anorith --> Armaldo, to get rid of my psychic weakness a little and counter it with this part-bug. Movesets would be appreciated.

Blaziken's changed, Breloom's changed, Gyarados has changed.

Yes, Salamence does > Flygon, but they're obviously more available much later on in the game, and I've OU'ed Salamence on Ru/Sa already.

Also, Absol's not working (ie: I'm too lazy to breed 3 moves onto it) so does anyone have any ideas for a replacement Pokemon to go in his place?

Many thanks,
Chris

CerealKiller
15th May 2004, 09:30 AM
Im not sure if this is very helpful, but i like to use Absol as a physical sweeper.
Try Swords Dance, ShadowBall, Aereal Ace, and Return, this set has done wonders for me, i hope it does for you. ^_^

phaedrus
15th May 2004, 10:49 AM
Swalot's gone, i didn't like him. I thought about killing two birds with one stone by raising an Anorith --> Armaldo, to get rid of my psychic weakness a little and counter it with this part-bug. Movesets would be appreciated.

Blaziken's changed, Breloom's changed, Gyarados has changed.

Also, Absol's not working (ie: I'm too lazy to breed 3 moves onto it) so does anyone have any ideas for a replacement Pokemon to go in his place?

armaldo@leftovers-swordsdance-earthquake-hp~bug-double-edge/rockslide/bodyslam/ancientpower/rockblast/subsitute/seismictoss

your absol was meant to be anti-kyogre, right? well, here's THE kyogre counter:

ludicolo@leftovers-leechseed-toxic-protect/raindance/subsitute/counter-surf/seismictoss/icebeam

note that the moves you can't seem to get are FrAb/FrLg Move Tutor moves.

Chris 2.1
16th May 2004, 04:21 PM
Absol was going to be my anti-psychic, as my weakness is still X2 IIRC. Blaziken and Breloom.

Any Pokemon that can fend of psychics, please help.

phaedrus
16th May 2004, 07:23 PM
having a 2x weak to psychic isn't necessarily the worst thing....

as long as you have a way to fend it off with probably about two pokemon.

your armaldo can handle psychics quite easily, so that's one.

flygon=two. in your case, keep crunch. to fit your team,

crunch
fly
earthquake
fireblast/dragonbreath/rockslide(frlg)/irontail

quite simple. crunch for psychics, fly and eq as phys, pick a filler. everything except for dragonbreath can deal with the ice weak. it can work.