PDA

View Full Version : The weird record guy in Mauville....

Chris 2.1
8th May 2004, 03:37 AM
On my first file, this guy told me the story of me: I acessed my Pokedex seven times. Well I hear he changes what he says depending on your ID, so when I restarted my Sapphire...

...He was the item trader! I traded him an Azurill Doll for a Tire, because I knew they were only available at Lilycove Clear-outs.

Anyway now he doesnt trade, so that guys fairly useless....

So I guess my questions are:

i) does he always trade the same items?
ii) can he ever trade with me again?
iii)What record stories are there besides the POKEDEX one?

Thanks ^^. You guys can post what the record guy says about you.

andyizcool
8th May 2004, 07:07 AM
1. I think he has different Items if one person got the Trader and another person got the Trader they would both be different.

2. Mix Records with someone and mix back and you'll be able to trade with him again.

3. Besides the Pokedex one. I've had how many times I've used Cut, how many times I've Saved, how many times I've used a Pokemon Center. I think they're are still many more because on my Ruby I got the guy again and he had different records.

Silent Dragonfly
8th May 2004, 08:23 AM
As Andy said 2P Record Mix switches your wierd guys. (I'm unsure of 3P and 4P)

i) does he always trade the same items?
He will always start with the same items but you can trade them to him, mix records and trade them off. (That's how I got the Sapphire exclusive secret base items [Blue Tent and Lotad Doll] onto my Ruby)

ii) can he ever trade with me again?
Yes when you mix records twice (to send him then get him back)

iii)What record stories are there besides the POKEDEX one?
When you mix records with people, they will get a new story (so they can hear both) and when you mix back you can get another story. I have 4 stories and after that he won't tell anymore. The stories he tells to me is How many times I have captured pokemon, how many times I've used a pokecenter, how many times I've saved and how many times I've used cut.

Poryhedron
8th May 2004, 12:50 PM
Incidentally, there are five different people who can hang out at the Mauville Pokémon Center; you can tell them apart from their hair color.

Pink Hair: Storyteller: he learns a new story from every trainer he meets and can tell you them all.

Red Hair: Hipster: he knows what's hip and happening. If he tells you a word that wasn't already in your vocabulary, you'll learn that word!

Blue Hair: Bard: he sings songs, but he needs your help to finish his compositions.

Brown Hair: Giddy: this fellow just loves to hear himself talk. If you listen to him long enough, you just might learn new words and phrases for your vocabulary.

Black Hair: Trader: he has a small stash of Secret Base decorations, including anything your record-mixing friends have given him, and he would be happy to trade with you, too.

Spinarak-Man
8th May 2004, 06:06 PM
Mine right now tells how many times I've caught a pokemon with a fishing rod and I've also had the Save one as well as the trader.

HedgeCat
8th May 2004, 10:35 PM
How many times you've entered contests, how many times you bought stuff.

EngiMatikul
9th May 2004, 12:07 AM
Before I traded with my friends, I had the storyteller that told me how many times I CUT, how many times I jumped over ledges, and how many times I entered the hot springs at that town with the Fire lady gym leader. I beat all my friends in that record thing.

Now I got a stupid guy who doesn't have anything cool to trade me. :/

Kari and Mewtwo
9th May 2004, 08:09 PM
Quick question: If you have one of the 5 guys, will you be stuck with him forever? Or will he change each time records are mixed? I hope I'm not stuck with that "Spoony Bard" for the rest of my game.

BONUS: 10 pts go to whoever names who originally said "Spoony Bard"

Silent Dragonfly
9th May 2004, 08:14 PM
When you mix records he switches with the one that your friend had. So you can swap your Spoony Bard for whatever your friends/other cartridges you own have.

Wasn't that Tellah from FF4?

CooltrainerNick
6th July 2004, 09:38 PM
The guy wont trade with you again. Ever. And then the thing that cloudizme said. Record swap with your friend to get your friend's guy, whatever he may be.

rinku
7th July 2004, 01:25 AM
The trader will trade once per record swap - if you trade him back from your friend he will trade once more.

RocketScyther
8th July 2004, 12:01 PM
Just a quick note: as far as records go, I've recieved the # of eggs I've hatched.

- Rocket Scyther -

pokeguy76
9th July 2004, 07:16 AM
What's the use of that guy anyway, he does something once and then he refuses to do it again

Number1ChanseyFan
9th July 2004, 12:39 PM
Well, if you want him to do anything else, you will have to mix records with somebody. Whenever you mix records, you will trade your guy with the person that you mixed records with. After mixing records, the guy will interact again.

Kari and Mewtwo
9th July 2004, 01:50 PM
Wasn't that Tellah from FF4?

Umm.. I think i left those 10 points in my other coat pocket. Hang on a sec.

*runs off*

-6 hours later-

cloudizme: What's taking him so long?

Pork
9th July 2004, 06:25 PM
I had the Bard, then I started a new game. Now he's the Hipster. I learned the word "fever"!! Oh joy.
I recently started a board kind of like this: Go to http://pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29806