PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Channel: Can I get Jirachii and not go mad?

Darien Shields
8th May 2004, 12:43 PM
Well, I paid £20 for a Jirachii disc, and got Pokemon Channel free, or so I thought. It turns out I actually have to play Pokemon Channel to get Jirachii. The game is so... rubbish, boring, etc. that it's driving me mental.

I'm about three days in, I just unlocked part 2 of the anime thing... how much more of this do I have to take before I get a Jirachii?

Also, is there any plot/resolution to the game? Do you just keep watching the same old trash with Pikachu, or does Oak say something like "Okay you humanoid potato! You've watched enough Pokemon Channel now. Sadly you are now to fat to be removed from your house and will have to continue watching Pokemon Channel. Don't worry though! Pikachu will continue to do all your work for you."?

andyizcool
8th May 2004, 01:43 PM
You must watch the last part of the Pichu Brothers to unlock Jirachi for download. The cheating way to get begin all the days waiting you just set your GC clock a day ahead everytime something new happens. Should be very easy to complete, only took me 1:30 - 2 hours.

Cammy White
25th May 2004, 06:14 AM
Is it worth buying Channel just to get a Jirachi? It's kinda annoying having to buy a stupid game that I'm never gonna play again just to get one pokémon. However, then you realise which pokémon it is. I can get it for about £18 online I think, but is it worth it?

Darien Shields
25th May 2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah, it's worth it... I coulda got a £30 Colosseum Bonus Disc from USA, but then, if I did I could upload Jirachii from it to a Ru/Sa game that hadn't beaten the Elite Four (you only need a Pokedex for it.) I kinda regret that now...

But if you can't get the bonus disc, then Channel's almost as good.

Razola
25th May 2004, 10:01 AM
Or you could go here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8107861136&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) and avoiding buying a crappy game.

andyizcool
25th May 2004, 11:29 AM
I don't think the USA Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc works on the UK GC. For Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire trading between the USA and UK one is easy. But I think for bigger consoles like the PS2 and GC in the UK can't play USA games.

Darien Shields
25th May 2004, 11:57 AM
Get Freeloader. They let you play US/***. region games on Cube.

Cammy White
25th May 2004, 12:43 PM
You could, but by the time you've bought Freeloader, wouldn't it only be a tiny bit more expensive to just buy the game?

Darien Shields
25th May 2004, 02:39 PM
I already have one, I got it free with my US region TWW. I think they do cost £20 though, so you know, you might wanna just get Pokemon Channel (but be warned it'll put your sanity in jeapordy.)

Err, I meant Japanese in my last post, but my abbreviation was (understandably, in some senses) sensored. It was an accident, sorry.

Rudoku
25th May 2004, 06:08 PM
I can get it for about £18 online I think, but is it worth it?

I recommend everyone that whines about Colosseum not having pokemon voices to buy this. It'll shut ya' up pretty dang quick.

andyizcool
25th May 2004, 06:39 PM
I recommend everyone that whines about Colosseum not having pokemon voices to buy this. It'll shut ya' up pretty dang quick.
Pokemon Channel is full of the anime voices of Pokemon. This is what makes the game so kiddy like. I look back at buying Pokemon Channel. What I think in the end is, I spent £20 to get infinite Jirachi. I have a Pokemon Ruby game that I keep restarting and whenever I get to the end of it I can have another Jirachi. This just makes sure I've got my money's worth buying Pokemon Channel. I suppose another good thing about Pokemon Channel is my little sisters like the anime show in it.

Darien Shields
25th May 2004, 08:11 PM
Pokemon Channel needs to be tempered with Pokemon Box for complete farming. Playthrough, get a Jirachii, strip the game of the best and rarest pokemon (with the best and rarest items equipped) to Box, and start over. However, for Jirachii farming that Bonus Disc is best. You can just start, play a little, and then get a Jirachii. You could take lots like this...

Pokemon Channel has the Pichu Bro's anime, that isn't half bad (about 35% bad), the worst part is a really terrible CGI music video with Meowth and Team Rocket, if you thought that their motto, or the song in the epp' with Jigglypuff was bad, then you need to have your head examined, it was great. Err, but if you did then you'll hate this. Stupid lyrics... no good tune... and so on...

If you ever did wonder what the Pokemon Mini was like, this'll put your mind at ease, and tell you, it was a load of horse cr*p. Maybe two good games on it (Pinball and Chansey Dribble), but the rest, total rubbish.

So, in short, Pokemon Channel's only redeeming feature beyond Jirachii farming is the Pichu Brothers Anime, and two Pokemon Mini games.

mic_128
27th May 2004, 11:21 PM
Oh look, pikachu destroyed the TV. I'll send another one. "No OAK! DON'T!"

Basically I bought it, got Jirachii, got one for my friends, and then took it back. Only good thind was I didn't need that much to buy it. (I got it back anyway, so...

Crazy
28th May 2004, 08:15 AM
Pokemon Channel is a joke, it isn't even a game. YOU WATCH TV TO BEAT IT. The shows suck, I don't think it is worth sitting through even for a Jirachi.

Lugia's_Master
6th June 2004, 06:22 PM
My local gaming shop has a seven-day-if-you-don't-enjoy-the-game-return-it-for-all-your-money-back policy, so i got me a jirachi for free (unless you include the emotional turmoil.

andyizcool
9th June 2004, 01:49 PM
Lots of people in the UK have been using the trick of buying it, getting Jirachi, then just taking it back. I personally kept my Pokemon Channel even though it's in a draw now. I keep restarting Pokemon Ruby just to get some extra one time TMs. When I've finished Pokemon Ruby I just remember to download a Jirachi off Pokemon Channel. Maybe one day I'll get the nature and IVs that I want. Other than that I let my little sisters watch the anime of the Pichu Brothers when they want too.

Darien Shields
9th June 2004, 01:56 PM
I plan to do a similar thing. Plus all my friends borrow my Pokemon Channel ^_^;, but I get to ask them for favours (like Eon Tickets, which they have but I don't) now.