-Double Edge
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt

Ninetales
-Confuse Ray
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Sub

I'm not too sure about the last three still, so if anyone has any suggestions??? Thanks a bunch

HedgeCat
8th May 2004, 10:33 PM
Hmmm...
3x rock weakness (Zapdos ((x4!)), Ninteales)
3x ice weakness (Dragonite ((x4!)), Exeggutor)
4x bug weakness (Exeggutor ((x4)), Mewtwo, Starmie)

Yeah, might wanna fix that.

I'll edit the team later.

EDIT: fixed typo.

Charizard04621
9th May 2004, 12:24 AM
...I refuse to put a lot of effort into rating this...

1) You will get dirty looks when you reveal a Double Resting Zapdos. Evasion requires luck, and it betrays you in the end anyway. Besides, Articuno is a better Double Rester. Zapdos is better with Thunder Wave.

2) If you send out Mewtwo first you will not only make it vulnerable to all sorts of nasty attacks but also reveal to your opponent that your team is not going to have honorable tactics in mind. Mewtwo is okay but exposing it to incoming powder attacks and whatnot is not a good idea and if you make a habit of switching, whatever you're switching into the attacks is going to suffer too. Another thing. If you cannot win without using Mewtwo, you need to learn pokémon all over again from someone who actually knows how to play it. Mewtwo may be fun when you're messing around with your friends, but if it's part of your serious team you need to do some major reevaluation.

3) Yes, you do have a couple of common weaknesses, the Ice type being the most worrisome.

4) Nothing on your team is immune to electricity or Thunder Wave. Chansey would have a field day.

5) Dig on Ninetales is not worth anyone's time.

If you decide to switch out some members of this team to fix some obvious flaws I could come back to do a full attack rate.

Green_Pikachu
9th May 2004, 10:45 PM
Hmmm...
3x rock weakness (Zapdos ((x4!)), Ninteales)
3x ice weakness (Dragonite ((x4!)), Exeggutor)
4x bug weakness (Exeggutor ((x4)), Mewtwo, Starmie)

Yeah, might wanna fix that.

I'll edit the team later.

EDIT: fixed typo.

1). zapdos is not 4x weak to rock. and he only has 2 rock weaknesses.

2). he DOES have 3 ice weaknesses, but not because Draggy is 4x. a 4x weakness does not add a +2 weakness. no matter what kind of weakness it is, it counts as one. Zapdos, however, is also weak to ice.

3). he only has 3 bug weaknesses.

4). the only weaknesses he has to worry about is ice. MAYBE rock. but definitely not bug. mewtwo, starmie, and eggy would all thrash any bug in rby.

Prodigy
9th May 2004, 10:51 PM
There are bugs in RBY?

Green_Pikachu
9th May 2004, 11:48 PM
yeah, the missingno bug.

zing!

bme
10th May 2004, 09:14 AM
Mewtwo
-Psychic/Thunderbolt
-Thunderwave/Substitute
-Recover
-Ice Beam

I'd say Thunderbolt and Substitute if you think Tobybro might be around.

Starmie
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Recover
-Thunder Wave

I don't see why you'd need Ice Beam. It wouldn't freeze anything since the team is focused on paralysis, and it looks silly when a Rock/Ground takes the hit and faints this with Explosion. >_<

Exeggutor
-Leech Seed
-Explosion/Double Edge
-Stun Spore
-Psychic

Leech Seed's fun for forcing set uppers to switch. :D

Zapdos
-Double Team
-Thunderwave/Rest
-Drill Peck
-Thunderbolt

I guess you could stay with Double Team and Rest.

Dragonite
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Thunderbolt

I made an exception for Ice Beam. Type covreage helps.

Ninetales
-Confuse Ray
-Body Slam
-Fire Blast
-Substitute

I love Ninetales. There's nothing else to say but kick it oldschool. 8)

As it stands, it's pretty solid. But it could use a ground type to counter other Thunderwave users. I've seen it heavily recently. I'd pick Nidoking or Golem. Nidoking gets Focus Energy, so that will KO many types quickly. Golem, well, Explosion from it knocks basically everything out, and that meaty attack is great.

Poryhedron
10th May 2004, 10:33 AM
There are bugs in RBY?

Actually, Prodigy's got a point...what Bug-type attacks are there in RBY? Let's see...Leech Life, which is Power-20...Pin Missile, which is a 2-to-5 move with Power 14, so ends up being between Power-28 and Power-70...and Twineedle, which is Power-25 and hits twice for Power-50. Not exactly Megahorn. And who gets Twineedle? Only Beedrill, who's weak against Psychic and just generally not all-star material. Who gets Pin Missile? Only Beedrill and Jolteon, and Jolteon's Attack is not high enough to go with a non-STAB attack with max base Power a bit over Swift if you're lucky.

Prodigy
10th May 2004, 03:27 PM
yeah, the missingno bug.

zing!

G_P wins. :wave:

Crazy
26th May 2004, 09:17 PM
Actually, Prodigy's got a point...what Bug-type attacks are there in RBY? Let's see...Leech Life, which is Power-20...Pin Missile, which is a 2-to-5 move with Power 14, so ends up being between Power-28 and Power-70...and Twineedle, which is Power-25 and hits twice for Power-50. Not exactly Megahorn. And who gets Twineedle? Only Beedrill, who's weak against Psychic and just generally not all-star material. Who gets Pin Missile? Only Beedrill and Jolteon, and Jolteon's Attack is not high enough to go with a non-STAB attack with max base Power a bit over Swift if you're lucky.

You forgot String Shot.

Charizard04621
27th May 2004, 07:37 AM
You forgot String Shot.

String Shot isn't Super Effective against Psychic types...