PDA

View Full Version : Box-FR/LG

Darien Shields
8th May 2004, 06:31 PM
Assuming you have same region (i.e. Japanese) Fire Red or Leaf Green, Pokemon Box, and all your apparatus (Hell, why don't we just say, hypothetically, that you're in japan), would you be able to connect them up? And if so, would it be immediately after starting the GBA game, or would you have to play to the end? I had a hankering for some starters, and I speculated I could ship them off to Box and restart. But since the game prevents Ru/Sa (And Colosseum, if I've heard correctly) trades before you reach the islands, and Box would be sort of like a half-way point between trades, would you maybe need to be there? This info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Number1ChanseyFan
8th May 2004, 10:53 PM
In Colosseum, you can't trade Pokémon until you have beaten the game. (Which is defeating Evice at the top of Realgam Tower, even though there are other things to do after you beat him.) Also, in Fire Red/Leaf Green, you are not allowed to have any Pokémon who wasn't in the original R/B/Y games (i.e. any Pokémon with a National Pokédex number higher than 151) until you beat the Elite 4 and receive the National Pokédex from Professor Oak. You can trade between two Fire Red/Leaf Green games as soon as you get to Pewter City, but you will not be able to trade with the other games (Ruby/Sapphire, Colosseum, Box) until you get the Ruby Plate from Island 4 and the Sapphire Plate from Island 5, and return them to the man on Island 1. So, Pokémon Box can't be used as a shortcut to get Ruby/Sapphire/Colosseum Pokémon on Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Chris 2.1
9th May 2004, 07:59 AM
Just a question sort of relating to this....I didnt wanna make a seperate topic....

If/When Box is released into the Uk, if you transer a Machoke over to Box, or Kadabra, Clamperl w/Deepseatooth, Seadra w/dragon scale, will they evolve?

You see I dont have acess to another GBA with Ruby/Sapphire, so obtaining Machamp, Alakazam, Kingdra and Huntail or Gorbyss is a problem.

So if I can do that, I can also obtain the starters, load them onto box, restart etc etc, like Stad 1/2?

Thanks.

Darien Shields
9th May 2004, 08:22 AM
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Box is just like... a Box (well, actually, like, 24 Boxes), transfering to it is like moving pokemon around in your boxes. And that doesn't make them evolve, does it?

Thanks CF, I was just unsure, since Box isn't like a trading medium, and you wouldn't neccesarilly put Ru/Sa pokemon in it. I, personally, was just gonna take stuff out of it...

Poryhedron
9th May 2004, 02:31 PM
Colloseum, on the other hand, can be used to evolve the trade-evolvers, since you're trading between Brendan/May and the Colloseum character.

Gagome
9th May 2004, 02:33 PM
Assuming you have same region (i.e. Japanese) Fire Red or Leaf Green, Pokemon Box, and all your apparatus ........
I had a hankering for some starters, and I speculated I could ship them off to Box and restart. But since the game prevents Ru/Sa (And Colosseum, if I've heard correctly) trades before you reach the islands, and Box would be sort of like a half-way point between trades,
I have tried it. You can't trade any pokemon from FR/LG to box at the beginning. All I got was a "beep" when I tried to put my starter a Bulbasaur into one of the Boxes and it didn't work. I was not even able to move the new Egg (which contains a Swablu) I got when I connected with FR to Box to the FR game.
I believe it will work after I have beaten the E4 and activate whatever is needed to trade with Ru/Sa. But I am not that far in FR.