PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Engagement!

Kris
9th May 2004, 09:35 AM
Wow! Two topics in three days, this must be a record for me!

Well last night my brother and his girlfriend got engaged!!!

At the moment I have two older brothers so Im finally going to have a sister! The good thing is shes only a few months older than me, so we get on really well!

Not sure whats happening with the wedding as its only early stages, but I hope they ask me to be bridesmaid!

My brother had a very interesting way to do it.

As I have mentioned before my last name is Wotton and that is also the last name of the captain of Plymouth Argyle. Plymouth Argyle is our local team (just been promoted to Division 1, yeh!) and were all big fans including Vikkis (bros gf) family.

In my family we all have shirts with Wotton and the number 15 (Captains number) on the back. So my brother bought Vikki an argyle shirt with the same, she said that she loved it but it didnt have the same effect as ours do. Since she didnt have the same last name. So he asked her if she wanted to, and then popped the question!

They havent bought a ring yet, but I cant wait to see it!

So lets turn this into something interesting......

1. Do you know anyone who recently got engaged?

2. How did they / were they proposed to?

3. do you think they make a good match?

4. Are you involved in the wedding?

Zak
9th May 2004, 09:44 AM
Congrats Kris' brother! Isn't this kinda a poll though?

1. Not personally, but my uncle just got married.

2. I don't know the details.

3. Sure. I missed the wedding though. Only my sister got to go :/

4. See all above.

~Zak

HavoX
9th May 2004, 09:52 AM
That's awesome news Kris!

I hope your brother winds up having a wonderful and happy life.

Heald
9th May 2004, 10:14 AM
First of all, give my congratulations to your brother!

Two of my brothers and my sister.

Both my brothers proposed in Prague. My sister was proposed to in Prague. Prague is now the official city of love.

All of them: YES!

I was ushering at all three. What an honour! [/steveirwin]

Metallixs Girl
9th May 2004, 02:31 PM
That's great, Kris, I'm very happy for you! ^_^

Yes! My 2 older cousins. :) One boy and one girl, the girl is 2 years older than me and the boy is 1 year older.

The girl was. Her fiance is a hunter, and he asked her to put his bullets in the glove compartment of his truck, then the next day he asked her to take them out on the way out there, and when she opened the compartment, the ring in the open box was looking out at her and he proposed! :)

Yep, I think so.

Nope. :( They boy and his girlfriend did it spur-of-the-moment at the courthouse. The girl and her fiance are having a wedding in Arkansas but only 8 people are allowed.

abunaidesu
9th May 2004, 02:35 PM
Congrats hopefully it works out ;) and I'm not going to answer the questions because all the answers are "no"

RedStarWarrior
9th May 2004, 08:49 PM
Nothing recent, but I was engaged.

Meh..bad memories.

Apparently me and my ex-fiancé didn't.

N/A

The Rusted One
9th May 2004, 10:01 PM
I would answer the poll, but the answer for the first question is no, making the others somewhat void in terms of my ability to answer them.

Anyway, this is more than a tad pollish, so, over to PCG it goes. Yay!

AntiAsh Superstar
10th May 2004, 01:47 AM
Wow, that's really good news, hope your brother and his new fiancée are very happy together. Now as to the polls...

1. Yup. Me and Soo. :D

2. Well I kinda went for mushiness over originality, and did the 'getting down on one knee after a really nice meal in a practically deserted restaurant' thing. Which worked well enough. ^_^;;

3. Well I can't see there being anybody else on the planet who'd be willing to put up with all the little quirks of either of us, so I'd go so far to say that I have indeed met my perfect partner.

4. Umm, I certainly hope so seeing as it's going to be mine! :o

shazza
10th May 2004, 02:07 AM
-Yes. My step-sister is engaged.
-The guy proposed to her at her 21st, from what I hear.
-Don't really give a crap.
-No.

mr_pikachu
10th May 2004, 12:07 PM
Congrats to your brother, Kris! :)

1. No, unless you mean celebrities, in which case the answer is... still no. :sweat4:
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. N/A

Oh, that's gotta be the most relevant response ever! :what:

Kris
10th May 2004, 12:09 PM
Cheers for moving this, who ever did.

Awww Ade thats so cute!

Silver Ledian
10th May 2004, 01:24 PM
Yep, my auntie and her boyfriend got engaged a short time ago. Strangely, they've been going out for about 9 months now and I haven't seen him once, so no one really has a clue what she's marrying into, hehe. My dad has met him though and says he's a sound guy.

I really don't know, she keeps their relationship rather hush-hush.

Well I've never met him but she seems to be falling for him so they probably do. I'm not totally sure though, I won't tempt fate.

Well, if there is one, then I'll probably go to it but because I'm just a nephew, I don't think I'll be doing anything major apart from attending the ceremony and reception :)

Kirei
12th May 2004, 08:35 AM
Congratulations to your brother and his fiancée, Kris, that's great news! I'll answer the questions now.

1. Yes - me and Ade! :)

2. Ade took me out for a meal to my favourite restaurant and then he got down on one knee with the ring and asked me. I was really surprised, it was the sweetest thing and of course I said yes.

3. I can't imagine my life without Ade so I know we're a perfect match. Besides, as Ade said, nobody else would put up with either of us, hehe.

4. I certainly hope so, I will be the bride :) :196: