PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Clock

Darien Shields
9th May 2004, 03:30 PM
Hey again.

I've been aware of the clock problem for a long while, but it's only now, when I think it's almost been a year since I got my Sapphire game, that it actually presents a threat to me.I understand that after a long period of time (like a year after activation... if someone could verify that I'd be greatful) the clock in a Ru/Sa game stops, freezing berries, the Shoal Cave, and other time centred events. The cure for this particular ailment, that I know of, anyway, is to recieve a Jirachii from Pokemon Channel, or a bonus disc, or to Mix Records with someone who has done so.

However, as I have frequently mentioned, my Sapphire game is Japanese, and therefore, incompatable with the Pokemon Channel game I have, and incapable of Mixing Records with an english game that has.

Is there any other way of fixing my game, or must I somehow find a Japanese Jirachii disc? Thanks for your help.

Gagome
9th May 2004, 03:50 PM
You can repair your game with a copy of Fire Red or Leaf Green (japanese of course). Basically you start FR/LG and when you see the title screen you press Select+B. Then you will see screens where you are asked to link your Sa game with FR/LG. When you switch Sa on the Berry Glitch Fix will be downloaded from FR/LG.
The details are on serebii.net. I have done it. But I never experienced the Berry Glitch problem.

Sheila Rae
9th May 2004, 07:28 PM
Also, I heard you can send it in to a Nintendo centre and have it repaired for free. In Japan, of course, but I don't have any adresses or anything. Sorry.

CooltrainerNick
6th July 2004, 09:32 PM
Awww man, my game has the glitch And I cant find adresses to send my game to. And I only have a GBA, no disc or anything. :( And my game's american, by the way.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th July 2004, 10:58 PM
Awww man, my game has the glitch And I cant find adresses to send my game to. And I only have a GBA, no disc or anything. :( And my game's american, by the way.

Well, if it is not possible for you to connect with a Colosseum preorder disc, Colosseum, Box, or a FireRed/LeafGreen Game, then you will either have to find a repair center near you, or you can call Nintendo's hotline for information on how to send your infected Ruby/Sapphire game in for repairing. I am not sure, but I doubt that GameStop and EB Games still have their promos going on now where you can fix your Ruby/Sapphire games and get a Liechi Berry and Shiny Zigzagoon, but you could check with one if there is one by your house, and see if they are still doing the promo. Nintendo's phone number is 1-800-255-3700, call them for instructions on sending your game in, or else use Nintendo's Repair Center Locator. You can find it by going to Nintendo's website, and searching for "berry" in the "customer service" part of their website.

Crazy
7th July 2004, 07:48 AM
You can also cure the virus by linking up with Colloseum. Not the bonus disc but Colloseum.

Darien Shields
7th July 2004, 09:23 AM
You can also cure the virus by linking up with Colloseum. Not the bonus disc but Colloseum.

connect with a Colosseum preorder disc, Colosseum, Box, or a FireRed/LeafGreen Game

He Said Colosseum, nimrod.

Edit: And it's not a Virus, it's a glitch. A Virus is a program designed to damage or tamper with the functioning of a system, but the glitch is just an unforseen error in the game code.