PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] [RMT] Fun Team Needs Lotsa Help!

achooxp
10th May 2004, 12:50 AM
So, this is pretty much a fun team, but I’d like to make it somewhat viable. To do so, I need a LOT of help. I’m using it for Pokémon Stadium 1 against some other procrastinating college kiddos.

It’s based on the Corey’s team, of Pokémon: the First Movie fame. I’m pretty aware that the team is really unbalanced and there’s even an overlap of type, but I wanted to give this a try (again) and actually finish it this time. That said,

Clauses:
1) I am limited to the set of TM’s found in Pokémon Blue and am not willing to use the Missingno trick to get extras.

2) No changes of Pokémon allowed.

3) Venusaur must have Razor Leaf and Pidgeot must have Fly, as seen in the movie.

Can somebody suggest an ordering? To make this work at all, the uses of each Pokémon will probably have to be pretty unconventional, so please help me think outside the box. :]

Sandslash
-Toxic –Slash –Sand Attack –Seismic Toss

Bruteroot <Venusaur>
-Razor Leaf –Leech Seed –Sleep Powder –?

Pidgeot
-Fly –Mirror Move -Double Team -Rest

Rhydon (I let it evolve ^^;)
-Substitute –Earthquake –Rock Slide –?

Hitmonlee
-Focus Energy –Body Slam –(Jump Kick / Rolling Kick?) -?

Scyther
–Swords Dance –Hyper Beam -Slash -(Substitute / Double Team?)

Thanks for the rates in advance!

gomez
10th May 2004, 10:32 AM
I'm not much of a RBY rater, but I'll give it a try (I'm used to GSC, but now I kinda dislike the game and have gone back to my Blue roots).

Sandslash-Get Earthquake in there unless you already used it or cannot raise it's level that high

Venusaur-Double-Edge would work, seeing as how Leech Seed helps with HP

Pidgeot-Looks like it could work

Rhydon-Hyper Beam possibly

Hitmonlee-Hi-Jump Kick unless you cannot get it's level that high. I think Jump Kick has better power, but Rolling Kick gives flinches. Choose whichever

Scyther-Substitute looks fine, seeing as how by the time you Doubleteam'ed up, you might be close to fainting

I would suggest that you use Swift or Submission where you can. Those are some decent TM's you might have overlooked. Also Reflect and Take-Down might work. It's too bad that none of those pokes can learn Light Screen; you have a weakness to mostly every special move out there.

I would suggest putting Pidgeot in the first slot and then switching out to Sandslash or Rhydon if their first poke sent out is an electric. They will brush aside the Thunderbolt/Wave and you can get in a good strong attack.